KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

MindGym

Engaged Employer

MindGym

Add a Review

MindGym Employee Reviews about "fast paced"

Updated Oct 17, 2019

Found 8 of over 131 reviews

3.3
MindGym CEO Octavius Black (no image)
Octavius Black
Pros
  • "You can also take some of the Mind Gym courses to learn(in 31 reviews)

• "While the environment is very fast paced it isn't internally competitive(in 8 reviews)

• Cons
  • "No training outside of Mind Gym courses(in 16 reviews)

• "The company is a high pressure work environment(in 9 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Choose a different language and keep reading other reviews.

The latest conversations about Consulting

Join the conversation on
    Join the conversation on

Reviews about "fast paced"

Return to all Reviews
    1. 5.0

Meaningful Work

Oct 17, 2019 - Anonymous
      Business Outlook

Pros

-People who work at Mind Gym are genuine, intelligent, and hard working individuals -The company mission is rewarding, all MG teams work collaboratively to impact and change the lives of individuals in the workplace - for the better - A culture built on trust, most are given high levels of autonomy within their roles - While the environment is very fast paced it isn't internally competitive. Your coworkers will lift you up and are always willing to lend a helping hand - Strong leaders at the management level attribute towards a healthy and mature working environment - An environment full of top performers- surround yourself with individuals who have the drive, ambition, and initiative to succeed

Cons

- The company has its growing pains - a mid size company that wants to grow rapidly but sometimes feels stuck within old habits - US priorities can be given more attention, to avoid a feeling of disconnect from the UK

2. 5.0
      Current Employee

Make an impact, work hard and have fun

Feb 3, 2016 -
      Business Outlook

Pros

Fast paced environment where you get to work with smart, fun and really talented people. Variety and calibre of clients. If you find purpose in making a positive difference then you'll get to work with like minded people and have a real impact. Flexible working encouraged and a real adult-adult approach in how you manage your time and workload. Supportive and challenging culture. Real opportunities to grow and progress.

Cons

The pros lead to a high performance culture, this is not a con, but it is important to be mindful of some of the pressures this can bring - at times workloads are intense and expectations high.

CEO

Thanks so much for taking the time to share your views and I'm especially pleased to read that you see and 'adult-to-adult' approach in how we do things and that flexibility is encouraged. These are both very important if we are to fulfill our mission and live by what we recommend to clients. I completely agree with you about the hunt for talent. I personally write to dozens of people whom I think might relish working here every month. If you have any ideas on what else we can do, please come and tell me.

3. 5.0
      Current Employee

Mind Gym has changed my life

Nov 20, 2015 -  in New York, NY
      Business Outlook

Pros

Mind Gym is a very unique company in that your experience here is yours to make. It is fast-paced, highly interactive, and very transparent. It is very client-facing, so there are often bumps in the road, but that makes each day different and always keeps us on our toes. The overall company dynamic is very intimate and has a strong sense of family. The work is challenging, but Mind Gym gives you the resources you need to be able to manage the work-load and deliver on your tasks as efficient as possible. Everyone works hard. and it feels good to be in an environment where we are all contributing equal amounts. Mind Gym has allowed me to grow my skill set in a way I never thought was possible and i will be forever grateful for being a part of such an amazing company and culture.

Cons

Every company has cons, no company is perfect. I would say that one con is that there a lot of different personalities here and some people are a bit demanding of others' time and do not show much appreciation. If you are someone who takes things personally, this can be a challenge. But this con is also a pro in that, if you want to learn how not to take things personally, dealing with these types of people is a great way to challenge yourself and to step outside your comfort zone. To learn that we are all different and have different things going on in our lives and to not take someone's bossiness or bad attitude personally.

US Talent Acquisition Manager

Thank you for your review. It is exciting to see how much you've enjoyed your experience here at Mind Gym. We are looking forward to continuing a culture of support (whilst still challenging our employees) as we grow. We appreciate you taking the time to give us constructive feedback and trust that we will work to take this on board where and as we can.

4. 2.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

Needs to to be honest with itself

Apr 24, 2018 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

Mind Gym has an amazing product and some amazing people who work there. It is a company that believes wholeheartedly in its mission. The product is fun and engaging and customers love it. It is also the slickest looking client facing content out there. They pay well and have decent benefits if you’re in the tri-state area. It’s a high pressure job and you learn to operate at a high level. If you’re resilient, like high pressure and a fast paced environment, this could be a fit for you.

Cons

Mind Gym is based on nueroscience, but fails to be honest with itself. It is run by two passionate, brilliant people who often fail to see how their actions dictate a toxic work environment. It is a culture that is based on high expectations and little support. They would defend this as an execution based culture, meaning get your job done and there will be no complaints, which is true to some extent. However it often felt like a zero-tolerance attitude, and “my way or the highway” was the default. While words extolling candor and trust are spkoen and I believe they mean them, the actions by leadership undermine the culture at every turn. The water cooler gossip behind leaderships back laughing in the face at the lack of trust is real. It is a surprisingly political culture. Say the wrong thing to the wrong person and you can quickly end up as a pariah, and find yourself fired even if you are doing your job and meeting expectations. The average tenure at mind Gym is 1-2 years for good reason. Most people make the decision that it’s not a good fit for them, or the decision is made for them if they disagree with management. Client support suffers from the constant rotation of people.

35 people found this review helpful
    5. 5.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Exciting and Inspirational work environment!

May 14, 2018 - Anonymous Employee in London, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

The business has been growing at an amazing rate over recent years and seems to be going from strength to strength. You are surrounded by super intelligent people with a great work ethic and they all care about what they do. It's very much a collaborative, fast-paced environment so if you're willing to work hard, there are some amazing opportunities and you will be rewarded! There is a clear structure in terms of development, career progression and rewards. The company, team and individual goals are explicit and transparent so everyone is aware of what they are working to achieve which is highly motivating.

Cons

If you're not a go getter and prefer to just coast along, then this probably isn't the place for you!

2 people found this review helpful
    6. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Great People, Great Clients, Great place to work

Sep 3, 2015 - Anonymous Employee in London, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

The Clients that Mind Gym work with are some of the best in the world, and is growing everyday! No matter what team you work in or what country, you will hear about the work that is being done. Stories are shared weekly, as well as company aims and revenue goals, which I find very refreshing. Everyone is included. It is a fast paced culture; people work hard and collaboratively. Good benefits and progression/development is often discussed.

Cons

Expectations are high, this may not suit everyone.

1 person found this review helpful

Talent Acquisition Manager

Thank you for your wonderful feedback. We are so proud of our extensive client list and the great people that work at Mind Gym. It is great to hear you are too.

7. 4.0
      Current Employee

A good kind of challenge

May 4, 2016 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

It's not often you get to work with such intelligent, forward-thinking individuals all with a genuine interest in what they do. The people are fantastic and there's a great vibe in the office. The work is challenging, demanding and fast-paced, but it means there's never a dull moment. When you go over and above it's recognised and appreciated. And there are many perks - cocktail fridays and massage fridays to name but a few.

Cons

Working in a small team can mean a lot of responsibility and not much support.

1 person found this review helpful

CEO

Thanks for taking the time to post and for being one of the intelligent, forward-thinking individuals you refer to. The pace won't slacken but for those of us who love a challenge and thrive when we're on a mission, as you seem to, it's a very exciting time. Thank goodness for massage Friday (or TGIMF, as we might call it).

8. 5.0

Loved this place

Mar 27, 2019 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great work, excellent learning, fast paced

Cons

Still learning how to work as a company

Be the first to find this review helpful
    Viewing 1 - 8 of 8 English Reviews