MindTouch, Inc. Reviews | Glassdoor

Found 65 reviews

4.0
MindTouch, Inc. CEO Aaron Rice
Aaron Rice

"An incredible experience that you won't forget"

I have been working at MindTouch, Inc. full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

MindTouch is challenging but highly rewarding environment. Management puts a lot of cares into employee satisfaction and culture and nurtures employee growth. Product is great and as a result employees work very hard and have a deep sense of pride in their work. Family atmosphere with lots of room for professional growth.

Cons

Disjointed ideas of what the product should do between FOH and BOH. Parking benefits are minimal. Emergency situations with expectations of long work hours are on the rise.

Advice to Management

Back room whispers should be more hidden, employees feel tense sometimes. FOH and BOH should be firmly aligned together in unified front. Some employees perceive aspects of management to be fear driven (not good for all personalities).

MindTouch, Inc.2016-11-06

November 15, 2016Founder and CEO

Thanks sharing your feedback. Grab me and talk to me. I'm sincerely interested in understanding your concerns more. Also, in case it wasn't communicated, the reason for the $50 parking subsidy is that we pay 100% of the cost of monthly public transport and only part of the costs ...

"Amazing Work Environment"

I have been working at MindTouch, Inc. full-time

Pros

It's exciting, challenging, and inspiring to be part of the MindTouch family. Communication from management is direct, and also aware of the needs of employees. They invite feedback and questions. MindTouch software is elegant, innovative, and really fun to explore. Software development has its stressful moments, however this team handles the challenges with grace.

Cons

Everything is a learning experience, and therefore even the "cons" are worthwhile, because then we grow from them.

Advice to Management

Thank you for your attention to detail and amazing communication with team members, both one-on-one and as a large group. Keep up the great work, because it's appreciated!!!

MindTouch, Inc.2016-11-05

"Great place to be"

I have been working at MindTouch, Inc. for more than 5 years

Pros

Can make your career here - most I've learned at any job I've been in.

Cons

I'm sure I can nitpick but this is the happiest I've been job wise.

MindTouch, Inc.2016-11-01

"A great time to be a MindToucher"

Former Employee - Marketing in San Diego, CA

I worked at MindTouch, Inc.

Pros

Great outlook by the C-level. Moving into the new office soon and it looks amazing! Food 3 days a week! So much room for professional growth because of the awesome backing of upper management. Great place to be right now!

Cons

Cant say much. It is a wonderful time to be at MindTouch

Advice to Management

Keep pushing forward!

MindTouch, Inc.2016-06-14

"This place is kind of, well, awesome."

I have been working at MindTouch, Inc. full-time for less than a year

Pros

- Brilliant minds, building revolutionary technology. - Collaborative and friendly environment. - Upbeat culture. - Positive outlook. - Learning driven. - Senior executives feel more like colleagues than managers. They are readily accessible, honest, and genuinely interested those they work with. - Free lunch 3 days a week, snacks, espresso

Cons

This company is growing fast, which means some understandable challenges as we continue to adapt to a constantly evolving environment.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work.

MindTouch, Inc.2016-04-08

April 18, 2016Founder and CEO

The current office is oppressively crowded. Thanks for your patience (and your post). We'll be in our new space (not) soon (enough).

"MindTouch Employee"

I have been working at MindTouch, Inc. full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

I have worked at MindTouch for many years now. The company has allowed me to evolve professionally and I am constantly challenged become better. There is an upbeat and vibrant culture created by thought leaders. I have never worked harder than I have here at MindTouch and my work has never been so rewarding.

Cons

With the current growth there is some temporary crowding. This will be resolved once we get into the bigger office.

Advice to Management

More company gear for employees. More focus on team activities and off site events. I would also be great to start some team sports.

MindTouch, Inc.2016-03-10

March 17, 2016Founder and CEO

Thanks for the advice. I miss doing this too. We need to get this stuff restarted this year. Hopefully with less ACL tears. :-)

"Love it"

Current Employee - Software Engineer in San Diego, CA

I have been working at MindTouch, Inc. full-time for less than a year

Pros

Mindtouch is full of intelligent, positive people who really believe in the product and want to make it the best it can be. The culture fosters learning, growth, and fun.

Cons

The only con I can think of doesn't really apply to me. Since the location is down town the parking situation isn't great but MindTouch reimburses its employees for a monthly trolley pass so I don't need to worry about it.

Advice to Management

Keep the culture going as it is through this period of growth.

MindTouch, Inc.2016-02-08

"Love going to work every day!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

I have been working at MindTouch, Inc.

Pros

Huge opportunity Exceptional product Fun people to work with who are passionate and inspire everyone to reach their highest level and potential

Cons

No stock options Parking is expensive Healthcare is paid only for employee

Advice to Management

Offer stock options as an incentive Allow people to work remotely

March 17, 2016Founder and CEO

Thanks. New ISO (stock option) plan for employees is coming soon. Stay tuned.

"A place to call home"

Current Employee - Success Agent in San Diego, CA

I have been working at MindTouch, Inc.

Pros

Everyone here is great! MindTouch is like that dream job you've wanted. I've been here for over a year and have 0 complaints. It's great to wake up knowing you can come to your workplace and knowing you're going to have a good day at the end of it. So if you're having a bad day, just step into the office; Good vibes out our glassdoors!

Cons

..... ..... ..... ..... .....

MindTouch, Inc.2016-01-19

"Mentally challenging - ability to grow - extremely happy"

Current Employee - Account Executive in San Diego, CA

I have been working at MindTouch, Inc. for less than a year

Pros

Culture - fast paced atmosphere focused on exceeding goals while keeping the customer at the center of our purpose. The people here are creative, highly intelligent, extremely humorous, crafty, passionate, outlandish and F-ing awesome KANMFers ! The CEO and COO are at standing desks amongst the rest of the team and are always accessible and interested in your work and your life. It is very common to be eating lunch...

Cons

I really can't find any real cons about MindTouch but if I had to be nit-picky I would say there are not enough holiday days off.

Advice to Management

Continue to mix amongst the team and build an inspiring work place. Keep hiring only the best people. Continue trying to find ways to take care of your staff - more healthy options in the kitchen and pushing fitness and healthy habits. Continue injecting your personalities into the workplace, it motivates people and makes it more fun to be here.

March 24, 2016Founder and CEO

Thanks for your feedback. The Saturday running/jog/walk clinic is available to everyone. I think we've improved a bit on the healthiness of the catered meals with Jason at the helm. Fruit seems to be more prevalent too. Please know it was your feedback that helped encourage this. ...

Found 65 reviews