KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

MindTouch, Inc.

Is this your company?

MindTouch, Inc.

Add a Review

MindTouch, Inc. Employee Reviews about "catered lunch"

Updated Jan 31, 2019

62 Comments

Join the conversation on

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
Cons
    There are no cons to display at this time.
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Reviews about "catered lunch"

Return to all Reviews
  1. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Great company to work for and growing!

Dec 16, 2015 - Sales Development in San Diego, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

- Fast growing company with a unique product which keeps you extremely excited to come to work everyday - Great culture and workplace values - Work hard, play hard atmosphere - Consistently given the tools to succeed - Catered lunch M-W-F

Cons

Very little cons. - Parking - Staying organized and sticking to process while continuing to grow

2 people found this review helpful
  2. 1.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

Tough place to be successful

Jan 31, 2019 - Sales in San Diego, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Catered lunch M/W/F Really good coffee machine

Cons

Seems like the company is still transitioning from a growth stage to a smb type model so there is a lot of surprises and uncertainty. No shot at being successful unless you are in the CEOs inner circle.

6 people found this review helpful

CEO

Change, while being exciting and filled with opportunity, does have the habit of leaving some people feeling left behind. Thanks for this feedback - it’s hard to keep all folks satisfied as we go but it’s important as much as possible that I and the management team try to remain inclusive even as we grow and serve larger and more demanding clients. - Aaron Rice

3. 1.0
    Former Employee, less than 1 year

DO NO TRUST THE POSITIVE REVIEWS (THIS COMPANY IS INCREDIBLY CUT-THROAT AND STRESSFUL)

Jan 18, 2019 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

Free catered lunch every M/W/F (that's literally it as everything else is standard with any full-time position)

Cons

Incredibly cutthroat business, very slow paced unless you have a high position, the environment is incredibly unwelcoming to new people, HR is the most aggressive and unprofessional I've ever seen, people will seem nice but it's all fake. The company doesn't care who you are unless you've been there for a long time. If your work becomes even the slightest bit unnecessary they will cut you out at the soonest opportunity.

10 people found this review helpful

CEO

Developmental feedback is always difficult to take. Building a team that is dedicated and single-mindedly focused on making a better experience for our customers is a struggle that we take on every day. We don’t always succeed and sometimes a MindToucher gets left behind or feels left out. That seems to have happened to you. This is unfortunate. The HR team and everyone at MindTouch who truly cares about our mission will certainly take these words to heart as we continue to grow and improve. I wish you all the best on your onward journey. Please feel free to reach out if you have any further feedback. - Aaron Rice

4. 2.0
    Former Employee

Great coworkers, poor management

Sep 21, 2017 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

Like the title says, the coworkers that I had at MindTouch were great. It was nice to have catered lunch three times a week, and our office space was pretty awesome.

Cons

The management at this company is pretty awful. During the whole time I worked there, it never seemed like they totally understood the direction of their product. Some terrible decisions made by management led to 20% of MindTouch employees being laid off. The worst part was that they tried to play it off like it was all because of pressure from the company's investors and didn't take ownership of their own failures. As for the engineering side specifically, it was pretty obvious to everyone working there that the CTO had an extreme bias toward API/C# developers at the expense of the rest of the engineering department. It is not surprising then that none of the API developers were laid off. Even worse, two new engineers were hired right before the huge layoffs happened. If you knew that you were going to have to cut expenses, why in the world would you hire two new engineers instead of trying to keep the existing MindTouch employees? The whole situation was incredibly frustrating and just sad. I actually heard that one of the new hires quit shortly after this, which was probably a smart move on his part.

6 people found this review helpful

Founder and CEO

While there are factual inaccuracies you've provided above, we're sincerely grateful for your contributions. If you're interested in understanding our decision and direction better you will appreciate this: https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/doubling-responsibly-aaron-fulkerson/ Best wishes.

5. 2.0
    Former Employee

Sales

Sep 6, 2017 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

Solid product, catered lunches, nice office

Cons

Constant change in processes (beyond what is normal in a startup), inability to delegate, poor hiring practices, constant micromanaging with very little follow through, the list goes on. From a technology standpoint, MindTouch is top notch. The same can not be said from a business perspective. The executives do not delegate tasks well which results in countless bottlenecks and unfinished initiatives. There is rapid turnover in several departments and the general feeling that no one knows what is happening. Morale was at what seemed to be an all time low when I left but it apparently has gotten worse.

7 people found this review helpful

Founder and CEO

Thank you for your feedback and for any contributions that you made in the time you worked with us. Best wishes.

6. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Fun, Adaptive, Growing Company

Nov 25, 2015 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

MindTouch has been a fantastic company to work for. They encourage growth and promote from within often. The global encouragement (in-company, cross-departmental) is a breath of fresh air. The culture is electrifying and enhances creativity to the max. Catered lunches are a big plus as it's nice to not have to worry about what you're eating 3 times a week.

Cons

The parking price stinks, you pretty much have to decide whether or not you want to fork over $150/mo to park in or near the office. If you decide not to you're doing a good 1+ mile walk from an area with free parking, or using public transit, you'd kind of expect that working in Downtown San Diego. The do not have a set guideline regarding matching any 401k contributions, they just reserve the right to match whatever they'd like at the end of the year.

3 people found this review helpful
  7. 5.0
    Current Employee

Fun, Energetic and a Kick A** Company Culture

Oct 15, 2015 -
    Business Outlook

Pros

Everyone is super nice and passionate on what they do. Catered lunch on Mondays. Wednesday, and Fridays. Collaborative team. Approachable managers, execs...

Cons

In some aspects of the company -- there needs to be some sort of structure/process. But it's understandable since it's a growing company.

1 person found this review helpful

Founder and CEO

Thanks for your feedback. Please grab me and let me know where it feels...errr...too fluid and in need of some more structure. I know the answer is probably in more than one place since we've grown quickly, but I'd like to learn where you think it's most irritating. Again, thanks.

8. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

San Diego Software Startup

Nov 24, 2014 - Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Good people, great location, modern office space. Quirky startup perks - catered lunches, public transport/parking reimbursement, company activities, awesome pinball machines. Startup company, lots of opportunities to try out your ideas. You're always encouraged to innovate and implement best practices. The list of clients they're adding is pretty diverse and exciting, definitely moving in a positive direction. Leadership is passionate about product/business success, but they also get the human components - work/life balance, families, etc.

Cons

If you haven't worked in a startup environment before, it may be painful. There's a lot of work to be done and you usually need to work with the resources at hand, from strategy through execution. For the right type, this is also creates great opportunity.

1 person found this review helpful

Founder and CEO

As you point out, high growth software companies are not for everyone. Things move fast and hours are often long. I'm very proud of our ability to promote MindTouchers into management and more senior roles. We have many examples of this throughout the organization, including (but not limited to) VP of Customer Success. Former Dir of Product, QA Manager, Sales Leadership, Support Leadership, Software Arch, VP of Technology...Sincerely, thanks for your feedback.

Viewing 1 - 3 of 3 English Reviews