KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

MindTouch, Inc.

Is this your company?

MindTouch, Inc.

Add a Review

MindTouch, Inc. Employee Reviews about "work environment"

Updated Mar 27, 2020

Found 4 of over 71 reviews

3.9
MindTouch, Inc. CEO Aaron Rice
Aaron Rice

Choose a different language and keep reading other reviews.

The latest conversations about Tech

62 Comments

Join the conversation on

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
Cons
    There are no cons to display at this time.
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Reviews about "work environment"

Return to all Reviews
  1. 5.0

A place to grow as a Software Developer/Engineer

Nov 25, 2015 - Software Engineer in San Diego, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

MindTouch is a great place to learn, be challenged, and grow in the software engineering field. From day one I have been exposed to new technologies and challenges that have been extremely rewarding as I love to learn. The team at MindTouch has a healthy mix of people (cultural background and age). All of my co-workers are very talented individuals who are constantly willing to share knowledge, collaborate, and even go out for a beer after work. Having a learner's mindset is valued, and you see it embraced by most people. They have a strict “no douchebags” policy. The work environment is very relaxed. Getting things done is important, and the weekly team meetings are a great place to share your progress with others and highlight potential blockers that prevent you from doing your work. You get a lot of freedom when it comes to how you want to do your job and the tools you want to use. MindTouch feels like a collaborative place rather than a competitive one. Catered food three times a week, snacks, unlimited coffee, brand new MacBook Pro, Herman Miller chairs, multiple growlers in the kitchen that get filled with local craft been for some meetings, pinball machines are all great perks.

Cons

Not everything is rosy, currently the company is growing a lot and space is tight until we find a bigger office space in the next few months. The onboarding process is a work in progress and the first few weeks can feel a little daunting as you discover all the different presses. The rooms could have better names that are easier to remember.

1 person found this review helpful

MindTouch, Inc. Response

Founder and CEO

You can't remember Jotunheim? Alfheim? Really? ;-) Thanks for your feedback.

2. 3.0
    Current Employee

Good culture, but a lot of turnover and uncertainty

Mar 27, 2020 - Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

MindTouch has a great culture with a pretty good set perks and an amazing downtown office (except they only reimburse about 1/3 of your monthly parking fees). The work environment is pretty casual and relatively stress-free. Most of the people are friendly and smart and professional.

Cons

There is a lot of turnover at MindTouch. People are constantly leaving (or getting fired), which really makes it difficult to build any sort of continuity and momentum. People come and go and the strategy and plans keep changing. Also, about 15 people were just laid off this week which is a really heartless thing to do at a time when there is so much uncertainty with the coronavirus pandemic.

4 people found this review helpful
  3. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 8 years

Striving for Objectivity

Aug 30, 2015 - Founder and Chief Executive Officer in San Diego, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

1. MindTouch has a great corporate culture and work environment. MindTouchers and prospective MindTouchers consistently cite the atmosphere as a key reason they like being, or desire to be, a MindToucher. 2. MindTouch has a great product that is well differentiated and it is commonly recognized as the industry leader. 3. We have an exciting and well defined vision and mission. MindTouch is helping organizations to create connection and understanding with their customers, buyers and partners by turning their users into product experts and brand promoters. 4. Great customers that love how we're serving them and a massive market opportunity. Zenefits, Docker, Whirlpool, Remington, Makerbot, Cisco, Newmar, Accenture, Tui Travel Group... Wow. We have a lot to be proud of in both our customers and how we serve them. Our Net Promoter Score is 76%! In addition to the great customer list, we have a massive market opportunity. MindTouch is successfully selling and servicing software, technology, manufacturers and service companies. 5. Impressive and helpful partners. SAP, Salesforce, Zendesk, Amazon Web Services... These are all partners that are proactively referring customers or helping us to scale our business. We owe all these great companies our gratitude for their help

Cons

The biggest challenge we face is market awareness and buyer education. Not too many know of MindTouch and if you haven't seen what we do it does require a short product tour or a little explanation. This is because we're addressing a green field market. I often refer to what we do as something similar to Cirque du Soleil. Imagine if someone told you that you were going to a circus. However, this circus has NO animals. Includes ballet dancers. But with rock music. You can't buy a hot dog or popcorn. Oh, and it's in a theater and not a tent. This might be a little confusing at first. Now go watch a Cirque show. Or, ask to get a product tour of MindTouch.

1 person found this review helpful
  4. 5.0
    Current Employee

An intense but rewarding work environment.

Sep 9, 2011 -  in San Diego, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

MindTouch offers unprecedented learning opportunities. It's a fun work environment. Also, I enjoy all my colleagues. The atmosphere is very entrepreneurial, which is great if this something your comfortable with.

Cons

MindTouch is an intense work environment with high expectations. It is not work environment for the faint of heart or for individuals accustomed to a great deal of structure.

Continue reading
    Be the first to find this review helpful
Viewing 1 - 4 of 4 English Reviews