Miniluxe Nail Technician Reviews | Glassdoor

Zoe Krislock

"I Love Miniluxe"

Current Employee - Nail Technician in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Miniluxe full-time for more than a year

Pros

Flexible schedule Amazing Co workers I love my clients More than accommodating, especially if Steph is your boss. Raises have been GREAT

Cons

The only Cons I have is sometimes other coworkers bad energy can bring the team down. I've worked for Miniluxe for over a year and as long as you're doing what you're supposed to be doing, its a great place to work. 2nd con would be, I feel like they hire upper management outside of rather than within and I know some of us would LOVE to move up in the company.

Advice to Management

Thank You, for always being so accomidating in scheduling, time off and raises.

Miniluxe2018-08-29
  2. "Nail Tech at 296"

Current Employee - Nail Technician

I have been working at Miniluxe full-time for more than a year

Pros

Provides tools and uniforms. (Unlimited supplies) Commuter pre-tax account Health insurance, Pet Insurance Good PTO 401K (company doesn’t match) Pay is better than other similar places. Tips in Venmo, Cash or Card. Pet Insurance

Cons

Favoritism. Long-time employees who have worked 10+ years act like they own the salon, lots of gossips, they are on the phone all day long, watching movies of different language and don’t even bother putting in headphones. These employees punt their chores to other hard workers, and just seem to come to work to secure their hours. Managers seem to turn a blind-eye for these long-time employees which sets a bad example...

Advice to Management

Hire more active and smart employees. Should have more check and balance of Managers and employees. NO Favoritism!

Miniluxe2019-04-22

"Nice place to work, worst manager"

Current Employee - Nail Technician in Boston, MA

I have been working at Miniluxe part-time for more than a year

Pros

- Compensation (Depending on how many years) - Provides better benefits than its competitors

Cons

This is for 296 Newbury Street location, not posting about other locations as I don't have any experience working on others. - Inexperienced current manager and has not idea how to manage - Favoritism widely popular with manager - Sometimes tries to cut your shift short if not enough customer booking.

Advice to Management

Get experienced manager and try to be fair to all the employees and stop favoritism.

Miniluxe2019-03-03

"Not worth it"

Former Employee - Nail Technician

I worked at Miniluxe full-time

Pros

nice place to work, looks pretty inside

Cons

Bad pay, no benefits, treat you bad, overworked, underpaid

Miniluxe2019-02-06
    • "Low pay, a lot of work."

Former Employee - Nail Technician

I worked at Miniluxe full-time for more than a year

Pros

The pros is that it is fast paced. I learned how to cut my time down. It helped me at my current job.

Cons

Have to up-sell, sell terrible products, crazy management, crazy corporate team, and low hourly (I used to receive commission).

Advice to Management

Do a better job at paying and being fair.

Miniluxe2017-10-21

"OK."

Former Employee - Nail Technician in Lynnfield, MA

I worked at Miniluxe part-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Pros is steady flow of customers. guaranteed wages.

Cons

Constantly changing company policies. Management is always terrible about responding to emails, time of requests, and simple questions. Reviews are suppose to be done twice a year, March and October but they always are way later than that. Corporate staff is very friendly, however, their are way to many cooks in the kitchen. People have a 6 months life span @ the company including store managers.

Advice to Management

Stop changing company policies and do what you say you are going to do. You are not creditable if you do not follow through with your end of a working relationship. Shame on you.

Miniluxe2017-04-27

"Decent for newly starting nail techs"

Former Employee - Nail Technician in Boston, MA

I worked at Miniluxe full-time for less than a year

Pros

friendly staff, very clean environment, properly sanitized equipment and tools

Cons

customers are snobs, poorly managed, difficult to request time off, always low on equipment and tools, lazy and unprofessional employees

Advice to Management

try and be on the actual floor, ask what you can do to help your workers

Miniluxe2016-10-30

"Miniluxe treat employees as disposables, and will remind you that you are."

Former Employee - Nail Technician in Boston, MA

I worked at Miniluxe part-time for more than 3 years

Pros

- Flexible hours, which is great for parents and students - Sanitary environment - Great for training new nail technicians

Cons

- Low pay - Broken promises - Sometimes you are unable to take a break for lunch / bathroom - Managers will contact you on your days off - Mistreat their employees - High turnover for receptionists

Advice to Management

Treat your staff better, as they deserve.

Miniluxe2016-02-08