Miniluxe Reviews | Glassdoor

Found 73 reviews

3.3
Miniluxe CEO Zoe Krislock
Zoe Krislock
  1. "A company to grow with!"

Current Employee - Studio Director

I have been working at Miniluxe full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

I have been with Miniluxe for 5 years now and have developed into many rolls. Miniluxe Offers 401K, Health Benefits, Free self care services, provides all supplies along with training and development. I have been here for a lot of the changes and its nice see that its finally all coming together.

Cons

Would like to see more training for mangers, communication is key.

Advice to Management

Excited to see Miniluxe Grow!!

Miniluxe2019-02-23
  2. "New Look into clean fashion"

Current Employee - Studio Director in Lynnfield, MA

I have been working at Miniluxe full-time for less than a year

Pros

I started with MiniLuxe about 7 months ago.This company has thought me so much about the beauty industry in so very little time. Everyone is part of bigger picture in the on going success and accomplishments MiniLuxe makes daily, we are all part of a family providing amazing services with a smile to each customer.

Cons

Patience is a vertue it is a new company learn daily on how to keep grown.

Miniluxe2019-02-23
  3. "A company that cares."

Current Employee - Studio Director

I have been working at Miniluxe full-time for more than a year

Pros

Miniluxe is setting a new standard in the beauty industry with their ethical treatment of employees and training/development opportunities. This company also allows for the individual to experiment and take chances in a warm creative space, which allows for more chances to be successful.

Cons

There were some infrastructure issues in the past, but with a new CEO at the helm it seems like all of the confusion is subsiding and there is a clear path forward.

Advice to Management

Create and enforce slightly more regimented training protocols for upper level management.

Miniluxe2019-02-23

"Nice place to work, worst manager"

Current Employee - Nail Technician in Boston, MA

I have been working at Miniluxe part-time for more than a year

Pros

- Compensation (Depending on how many years) - Provides better benefits than its competitors

Cons

This is for 296 Newbury Street location, not posting about other locations as I don't have any experience working on others. - Inexperienced current manager and has not idea how to manage - Favoritism widely popular with manager - Sometimes tries to cut your shift short if not enough customer booking.

Advice to Management

Get experienced manager and try to be fair to all the employees and stop favoritism.

Miniluxe2019-03-03
  5. "WOW!"

I have been working at Miniluxe full-time for more than a year

Pros

Clean facilities and services, wonderful staff, hard working leadership team, many many positive changes. Miniluxe offers many opportunities for its employees- nail designer and experience associates alike.

Cons

Communication, work/life balance can be tricky sometimes, HQ try to bite off more than they can chew...take on too many tasks at once. Studio level employees-- XA's and SND's don't know much about the team at HQ. Be more interactive with your studio's and their teams!

Advice to Management

Be more present. Once you launch all these new ideas take a few weeks to get to know all of your teams.

Miniluxe2019-02-21
  6. "Changing the industry!"

Current Employee - Manager in Boston, MA

I have been working at Miniluxe full-time for more than a year

Pros

Impact on beauty industry Fair wages for employees Healthy work conditions Fun and CLEAN environment! Future company growth New corporate leadership!

Cons

Need more nail technicians and estheticians

Advice to Management

Build more stores!! Excited to expand to more areas of the US! DC and Florida would be awesome!

Miniluxe2019-02-16

"Heed caution"

Former Employee - Front Desk Receptionist in Boston, MA

I worked at Miniluxe part-time for less than a year

Pros

Free services Technicians who are passionate and work hard Pretty flexible schedule

Cons

Poor management Lack of unity and teamwork Low pay for a managerial position

Advice to Management

Unfortunately as many chain studios can be- this company does not treat their hardworking staff fairly. The ever-changing protocol, management turn-over, and finding ways to cut corners that would negatively affect hard working technicians are among a few reasons why I stopped working there. This company aims to create a luxurious and clean culture, but does not compensate or provide the resources to support the staff...

Miniluxe2019-03-05

"Lacks professionalism amongst other things"

Current Employee - Senior Nail Technician in Lynnfield, MA

I have been working at Miniluxe full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Supplies gloves and tools and has benefits

Cons

Those tools are dull and they don’t like to buy new ones. Benefita are expensive. The managers lack the skill to keep up with inventory. Watch out your paychecks because they mess up and shorten you all the time. The company itself is very stingy, and thats probably cause they went in over their heads and opened too many stores so now their budget is tight. They don’t do overtime correct, so at times I’d work over 50...

Advice to Management

Needs retraining. Corporate seems to find these managers quickly and they don’t train them correctly. Lynnfield especially has seen 6 different managers in the past 3 years. Explains why their technician turn over rate is high too.

Miniluxe2019-02-10

"Seriously, don’t work here"

Former Employee - Studio Director in Boston, MA

I worked at Miniluxe for more than 3 years

Pros

Free services? Guaranteed trip to therapy?

Cons

Compensation, (like legit not having an actual bonus structure tied to any tangible numbers and also not paying management in a timely manner, professionalism, lack of leadership and direction, extremely stressful work environment,

Advice to Management

Listen to your employees and make decisions! Lots of “we know this is broken but not sure what or how to fix it so we won’t” They were investigated by the AG office for not paying out sick time even though numbers managers brought to their attention.

Miniluxe2019-02-05

"Horrible just horrible"

Former Employee - Front Desk Receptionist

I worked at Miniluxe full-time for less than a year

Pros

Free services that they make very difficult for you to recieve...

Cons

They barely allow you to take a break, they want you to stand at a desk all day yet make sure the rest of the store is maintained and you have key holder/manager responsibilities but they don’t pay you for it and barely show up to train you properly and don’t bother building a healthy work relationship with you

Advice to Management

Quit while you can your company sucks

Miniluxe2019-02-06