Miniluxe Studio Director Reviews | Glassdoor

1. Featured Review

"Amazing Opportunity"

Current Employee - Studio Director in Boston, MA

I have been working at Miniluxe full-time for more than a year

Pros

I have been working full time as a Studio Director in Boston for almost 2 years. After reading a lot of the reviews for the company, I felt I needed to set the record straight. This job, just like any position here or anywhere, is exactly what you make of it. I have hustled and worked hard, and it has paid off. They have given me 2 generous pay increases in less than 2 years, as well as great and fair bonus potential....

Cons

As a Studio Director, sometimes your work/life balance can be difficult. It takes a lot of work to get the proper team in to place, and get them feeling empowered and confident when you are not present. Since it's the service industry, the hours can be daunting. Especially working a lot of "bank holidays" that most people have off. Clients can be trying and very demanding, and it takes confidence and a tough skin...

Advice to Management

My advice is to possible future employees- take all reviews with a grain of salt. Frustrated people lash out, and many people expect the grass to always be green somewhere else. As they say- the grass is green where you water it. I am watering mine every day- are you willing to water yours? If you are, you will be rewarded and successful.

Miniluxe2019-04-03
  2. "Love the culture"

I have been working at Miniluxe full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Support, culture, benefits, creativity, up on current trends.

Cons

Still a growing company.

Advice to Management

Being in management I am able to see all aspects of the client experience as well as the employee experience. In DFW the management team strides to create a positive working environment.

Miniluxe2019-03-11

"Tons of Room For Growth!"

Current Employee - Studio Director in Boston, MA

I have been working at Miniluxe full-time for less than a year

Pros

ethical treatment of employees, honest and fair wages, higher prices means higher tips for technicians, competitive salaries, room to work your way up into leadership roles.

Cons

parking at some of the locations, growing company needs to work out some of the kinks.

Miniluxe2019-02-28
  4. "A company that cares."

I have been working at Miniluxe full-time for more than a year

Pros

Miniluxe is setting a new standard in the beauty industry with their ethical treatment of employees and training/development opportunities. This company also allows for the individual to experiment and take chances in a warm creative space, which allows for more chances to be successful.

Cons

There were some infrastructure issues in the past, but with a new CEO at the helm it seems like all of the confusion is subsiding and there is a clear path forward.

Advice to Management

Create and enforce slightly more regimented training protocols for upper level management.

Miniluxe2019-02-23
  5. "Great Company with great benefits!"

Current Employee - Studio Director in Wellesley, MA

I have been working at Miniluxe full-time for less than a year

Pros

Awesome work environment, very competitive pay, lots of room for growth

Cons

Don't have anything bad to say!

Miniluxe2019-02-23
  6. "A company to grow with!"

I have been working at Miniluxe full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

I have been with Miniluxe for 5 years now and have developed into many rolls. Miniluxe Offers 401K, Health Benefits, Free self care services, provides all supplies along with training and development. I have been here for a lot of the changes and its nice see that its finally all coming together.

Cons

Would like to see more training for mangers, communication is key.

Advice to Management

Excited to see Miniluxe Grow!!

Miniluxe2019-02-23
  7. "New Look into clean fashion"

Current Employee - Studio Director in Lynnfield, MA

I have been working at Miniluxe full-time for less than a year

Pros

I started with MiniLuxe about 7 months ago.This company has thought me so much about the beauty industry in so very little time. Everyone is part of bigger picture in the on going success and accomplishments MiniLuxe makes daily, we are all part of a family providing amazing services with a smile to each customer.

Cons

Patience is a vertue it is a new company learn daily on how to keep grown.

Miniluxe2019-02-23

"Seriously, don’t work here"

Former Employee - Studio Director in Boston, MA

I worked at Miniluxe for more than 3 years

Pros

Free services? Guaranteed trip to therapy?

Cons

Compensation, (like legit not having an actual bonus structure tied to any tangible numbers and also not paying management in a timely manner, professionalism, lack of leadership and direction, extremely stressful work environment,

Advice to Management

Listen to your employees and make decisions! Lots of “we know this is broken but not sure what or how to fix it so we won’t” They were investigated by the AG office for not paying out sick time even though numbers managers brought to their attention.

Miniluxe2019-02-05

"Studio Director"

I have been working at Miniluxe full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Flexible Schedule Competitive Salary & Quarterly Bonuses Medical Benefits with Blue Cross Blue Shield! Fashion Forward Attire acceptable Tuesday-Saturday Work Schedule A ton of support from District and Regional Managers Family like culture with pot lucks and birthday celebrations every month!

Cons

Like any other GM position when emergencies arise, you need to be available to communicate with your team via phone.

Miniluxe2018-05-24