Miniso Sales Associate Reviews | Glassdoor

Found 20 reviews

2.9
  1. "Great Opportunity"

Current Employee - Sales Associate/Cashier

I have been working at Miniso part-time

Pros

Communication is great, we utilize technology and are constantly on wechat app 24/7 to keep everyone updated about everything.

Cons

Working past the clock for a few minutes is almost always necessary.

Miniso2017-10-18
  2. "Do not recommend working here"

Former Employee - Retail Sales Associate in Santa Barbara, CA

I worked at Miniso part-time for less than a year

Pros

Not much I can say

Cons

Work schedules were never sent out in time and management was very unprofessional.

Miniso2019-06-20
  3. "If you’re looking for a part time that gives you like, 25 or more RUN AWAY!! The company is ridiculous in so many ways"

Current Employee - Sales Associate/Cashier

I have been working at Miniso part-time for less than a year

Pros

Products are fantastic Employees are nice ( or do it to get you to go away and stop talking to them) Easy atmosphere to work in and most of the time not a very hard job like my previous ones

Cons

No discount( even though the products are now cheap It’d still help a lot) Employees seem and feel fake 80% of the time and seem shy and only some seem like they still can’t figure out what they’re doing. Most supervisors/ manager on duty treats me likes baby even when I ask for help on one thing, they’ll pretty much give me the run down ALL OVER again as if I’m hearing it for the first time 😑 especially if I forget...

Advice to Management

Fix the Hours of employees, you can’t expect to have every single person that walks in the store to want a basket and wants to have a conversation with the employees, try to learn that basics in case of an emergency, because a cashier won’t. If a co-worker talks to another for a second, the store won’t explode so it’ll be ok because it’s normal to get carried away for a second.

Miniso2019-06-15

"Do Not Recommend"

Current Employee - Sales Associate in Cerritos, CA

I have been working at Miniso part-time for less than a year

Pros

Typical Retail environment, not much in terms of pros when compared to other benefits from previous jobs I've had.

Cons

Poor company culture; All decisions are top-down from senior management. Associates have zero say in quality of life changes. Store management trains poorly and expects associates to rake in a lot of upsale, even on slow weekdays. Low hours.

Miniso2019-03-22

"The worst company ever"

Current Employee - Sales Associate

I have been working at Miniso part-time for less than a year

Pros

Cute products Good hours (unless you’re a student who needs time for school) That’s really it. This is a terrible company to work for.

Cons

We are UNDERSTAFFED. So you will be expected to do the work of at least 2 workers on minimum wage. You’ll get yelled at if you don’t. No discount. Nothing at all. NO HOLIDAY PAY We are paid less than we are supposed to be paid At the end of our shift, we are expected to clock out and keep working (SUPER ILLEGAL) Shift leads get paid the same as cashiers when they should be getting paid more They expect way too much from...

Advice to Management

This isn’t China. Your workers are humans, not robots you throw money at to work. We have rights here. And please, try to organize yourselves. This is by far the messiest company I’ve ever worked for. There’s so much you could do to make the stores more efficient but instead you blame sales associates for your inefficiency.

Miniso2018-03-12

"Just horrible environment to work in"

Former Employee - Retail Sales Associate

I worked at Miniso

Pros

Friendly coworkers, customers, cute items

Cons

No employee discount, overworking what we're paid for, management, lying about overtime on holidays, minimal training, bad/ no communication. My advice - just dont work here.

Advice to Management

Learn to respect your employees. Especially since we do more than what we are paid to do. This isn't China, there are laws here. Also, don't lie or hide things from employees. Eventually it will be found out. I felt like I didn't learn as much as I have expected here.

Miniso2018-01-15

"If you care about your mental health, do not apply"

Former Employee - Part Time Sales Associate

I worked at Miniso part-time

Pros

You make great friendships while suffering together.

Cons

Literally Everything. Managerial issues, Very high standards for low pay, they treat employees very poorly, and it is such an unhealthy environment. I can go on and on. If I could give zero stars on everything, I absolutely would.

Advice to Management

Close all of your stores, and then start from scratch again. Maybe then you will get it right.

Miniso2018-01-14
  8. "City Stars"

Current Employee - Retail Sales Associate in Cairo

I have been working at Miniso full-time for more than a year

Pros

I love teamwork and making new friends.

Cons

When the employees are not interested in satisfied customers

Advice to Management

Allocate a day a year and put discounts on all products

Miniso2019-07-16
  9. "Mini-don’t"

Current Employee - Sales Associate in Toronto, ON

I have been working at Miniso part-time for less than a year

Pros

Best part are the coworkers

Cons

Pretty much everything else

Advice to Management

This company has no trust in their employees. It’s understandable to be wary of an employee if they have had multiple infractions but it’s disheartening when your employers don’t trust their employees and suspects that you are going steal from them. Having a manager constantly breathing down your neck is annoying and frankly counter productive. Be prepared to be criticized for every little thing you do, because nothing...

Miniso2019-08-14
  10. "Unorganized management team and retail system"

Current Employee - Sales Associate in Edmonton, AB

I have been working at Miniso part-time for more than a year

Pros

the only good thing to work at this company is that you can buy cool stuff before everyone else

Cons

-no inventory system, no idea what will come at each shipment -no benifit -unorganized, your job is basically move around merchandise instead of customer service, and the managers wants to you do customer service while you are busy moving round the merchandise. - manager cuts your hours for no reason and give your hours to someone that is same race as him

Miniso2019-08-02