Miniso Sales Associate Reviews | Glassdoor

Miniso Sales Associate Reviews

Updated Aug 14, 2019

Found 20 reviews

2.7

"Lots of Micro-Management, for Minimum Wage"

Current Employee - Senior Sales Associate in Bankstown

I have been working at Miniso part-time for more than a year

Pros

- Follows pay guide, depending on age. - Staff crew is generally friendly and playful. - Interesting products every now and then.

Cons

Having worked at the store for 2 years (beginning November 2017), the review by the other reviewer (who gave the store a 1-star) appears to be flawed. > "They don't train you and make you clean" - Within a 1-Hour training time frame, there is so much that can be assessed. In retail, there are only two aspects where employees are required to shine. 'Display Ability' and 'Customer Service.' Relating to... 'Cleaning', we assess your attention to tiny details, and if you are able to display items in a presentable, neat and attractive way for potential customers. > "After your 'training' period they let you go without informing you." Note that upon employment, you are subject to probationary conditions, where we factor multiple elements into your employment. These include overall attitude to work, ability to fit into work culture, ability to talk to customers and taking initiative. If you were let off without any information, it is highly likely one of these areas were an issue. > "They don't pay you for training and ignore emails when following up" - For what I know, you do get paid for your time, as long as you provide HR with your Tax File Number, and fill out all the required forms. Further information should be sought from the respective manager, who you were tested under. - "Staff speak little English but fluent Chinese to one another." Highly unlike and inaccurate, as English was only permitted to be spoken in the store, unless inside jokes were made. I, myself, was born and raised in Sydney so this again, raises question to if the reviewer even worked in the store? [For all employees come and gone, I have retained good connections with everyone, so this is new to me... Also I can't speak Chinese for the life of me, which is extremely embarrassing to admit as an ABC lol] - "They blame you for not doing things they didn't train you on" - Possible if you were tested or trained under one staff member, I shall not name. But most of the time, the team skips the blaming and picks up the slack - no point crying over spilt milk. - "Difficult to get in touch with HR/Head Office as they don't have a contact number and neither do the stores." True Lol - "No staff benefits/discounts" - True... and WHY IS THAT?! - "Customers can't communicate with manager as they can't talk English" - LOL

Advice to Management

Generally, staff who run the store knows what works best for customers. Let us do our job, stop micromanaging us, and just send us products that customers actually WANT and ASK for, as opposed to new products that customers 'MAY or MAY NOT' be interested in.

Miniso2019-06-03
  2. "Decent job"

Former Employee - Retail Sales Associate

I worked at Miniso part-time for less than a year

Pros

My outlet was pretty flexible with the timings and days I could work on Very easy retail job, learn as you go. No official training. Seriously if you have common sense and a brain to work with customers from all backgrounds, this job is a walk in the park. Though sales target can be quite daunting to reach.

Cons

Buy your own apron. Before I left they changed the clock in system from thumb scanning to using app, quite troublesome. No staff discount.

Advice to Management

$8/h would be nice for part timers Maybe pay your full timers more so that you won't have to keep hiring people

Miniso2019-05-15
  3. "Considerations"

Current Employee - Sales Associate

I have been working at Miniso part-time

Pros

Store has lovely concept and everything pretty much is at cheap price.

Cons

most of coworkers gave up doing customer service, hours are crazy

Miniso2019-05-27
  4. "Retail Sales Associate"

Current Employee - Retail Sales Associate

I have been working at Miniso part-time

Pros

Everyone you work with is incredible nice Relatively relaxed environment

Cons

Customers can be rude Long hours

Miniso2019-04-19
  5. "Good working environment"

Former Employee - Sales Associate

I worked at Miniso full-time for more than a year

Pros

- great colleagues, fun working environment - good work life balance, able to request - able to be in storeroom during break time

Cons

- management needs to be better - poor benefits, no bonus, - no salary increment and low pay for supervisor position

Advice to Management

Try to implement more activities, benefits for staff to feel that they are app

Miniso2019-04-17

"No HR"

Former Employee - Sales Associate in Toronto, ON

I worked at Miniso part-time for less than a year

Pros

Great team members to suffer with

Cons

-terribly unprofessional head office (likes to blame my team of hard workers rather than understand thier faults) -HR is a joke, seriously only protects the company's benefit, not realizing that sales associates matter! (we've be told to quit if we don't like the way we are treated)

Advice to Management

Listen to your lower level employees. Stop throwing tantrums and playing the blame game when things don't go your way. Understand us sales associates ask for support and to reach an understanding. Stop feeling attacked and unprofessional when we bring up issues.

Miniso2019-01-12

"Horrible upper management, store level employees abused."

Former Employee - Sales Associate in North Vancouver, BC

I worked at Miniso part-time for less than a year

Pros

Enjoyed working with store level staff.

Cons

Horribly managed, employees extremely poorly treated, no concept of how business in Canada works.

Advice to Management

Treat employees like you’d wanted to be treated, take advice better.

Miniso2018-06-07

"Morst Company To Work At"

Current Employee - Sales Associate

I have been working at Miniso part-time for less than a year

Pros

-Decent Pay, lovely employees, relaxing environment

Cons

-Management sucks and don't know what they're doing, always blaming employees when the sales is not what they desired. -Hours not distributing equally within employees.Part time only get 13max while full time only get around 20 cause management kept cutting the hours. -Few "training leaders" in store?? What the heck?

Miniso2018-04-15
  9. "Great working experience but stressful attending to multiple customers simultaneously."

Current Employee - Retail Sales Associate in Singapore

I have been working at Miniso part-time for less than a year

Pros

Great colleagues, great experience to serve and help customers find our products easily, as well as inform them of our new arrivals and promotions.

Cons

Attending to multiple customers at the same time can be stressful. Training is not provided and you learn as what the others do in the store.

Miniso2018-02-04

"Retail Sales Associate"

Former Employee - Retail Sales Associate

I worked at Miniso full-time for less than a year

Pros

1. Able to improve your visual merchandising skills 2. People- depending at which outlet you are sent to (but most are nice and welcoming) 3. Able to learn a lot from the company 4. Fast career progression

Cons

1. Intense competition with different outlets 2. Area manager will pressure your supervisor if sales are bad. Your supervisor will then pressure you 3. Will only get 1 weekend off (probably applies for all retail job) 4. High turnover rate

Miniso2017-09-24