Ministry Brands Reviews | Glassdoor

Ministry Brands Reviews

Updated 14 Aug 2019

Found 82 reviews

2.8
Ministry Brands CEO Daniel Simmons (no image)
Daniel Simmons
Pros
  • "I sold my company to Ministry Brands recently and it was a very smooth, even enjoyable experience(in 19 reviews)

• "Ministry Brands supports the local church and its mission by providing it with some of the best technology tools available(in 12 reviews)

Cons
  • "Because Ministry Brands is growing so rapidly, there are a lot of changes that happen fairly frequently, which can be stressful for some(in 19 reviews)

• "It's a relatively new company and is still experiencing some growing pains as a result of bringing on so many brands at a quick pace(in 5 reviews)

"Welcoming Company Culture"

Current Employee - Senior Development Director in Knoxville, TN

I have been working at Ministry Brands full-time for less than a year

Pros

I have been with Ministry Brands less than a year, but really feel welcomed by a group of individuals who love what they do and serve a higher purpose. I feel blessed to have the opportunity to be a part of an exciting and growing company with a mission to help others and can't wait to go to work each morning.

Cons

The culture is fast paced and may not be a good fit for everyone.

Ministry Brands2019-07-20
  2. "A few good people"

I worked at Ministry Brands full-time for more than a year

Pros

Open PTO, flexible work options

Cons

Sub-par health insurance, laughable 401k match, poor leadership, top heavy

Ministry Brands2019-08-14
  3. "Great company to work for"

Current Employee - Marketing

I have been working at Ministry Brands full-time for less than a year

Pros

I really believe that Ministry Brands wants to make products that further the mission of the church and it’s incredible to work for a company with vision. It’s obvious that management wants to improve company culture as they’ve recently implemented a corporate culture survey and are working on new initiatives to create a great employee experience. Daniel Simmons and the leadership team really care about their... employees and it shows. They are taking this culture initiative seriously and understanding how the employees feel. The leadership team is assessable if you’re willing to reach out. There’s room for individual growth and taking charge of individual projects. I've had a great experience so far.

Cons

Like any Saas company, the rapid growth of technology and the constant introduction of new competitors makes it a fast-paced work environment. While I personally love the challenge and pressure, tech companies are not for everyone due to the constant change.

Advice to Management

Keep pushing towards creating a great employee experience and making changes based on the culture survey. I think this company is really headed in the right direction under Daniel’s leadership and I look forward to seeing how it grows in the future.

Ministry Brands2019-07-08

"Great if you are useless, incompetent, and immoral, otherwise flee while you can"

Current Employee - Accounting Specialist in Cordova, TN

I have been working at Ministry Brands full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Rarely we will get free snacks in the morning. It's not much but it is there.

Cons

Minimal pay (far below area standard rates), nonexistent work/life balance, treated as sub-human. Loyal employees are passed over while employees who quit are given raises to stay. That's the only way to receive a raise here. 401k is a joke now. Unless you do whatever favors your manager wants (and I mean whatever), you won't see any upward growth in your career. They virtue signal but it is all an act.

Advice to Management

Your employees are people, not peons to make more money off of.

Ministry Brands2019-08-09
  5. "Great Company!"

I have been working at Ministry Brands full-time for less than a year

Pros

Great collaborative environment for a remote position! Flexible PTO always a plus!

Cons

None that I can think of so far!

Ministry Brands2019-05-28

"Avoid working here"

Former Employee - Sales

I worked at Ministry Brands full-time

Pros

Getting to serve the church market

Cons

No clear direction No investment in people

Advice to Management

MB gets passed from private equity group to private equity group. Executive leadership is ineffective at leading and really only cares about squeezing out every last dime. Not as interested in ministry as they are profit. I would avoid for sure.

Ministry Brands2019-05-22

"Not Sales Friendly"

Former Employee - Account Executive

I worked at Ministry Brands full-time for less than a year

Pros

There are some great people to work with. Most of them are working far more than 8 - 5.

Cons

Quota requirements and compensation change about every three months without notice. Sales cycle much longer and requires time to adjust. You are practically chained to your desk, there are no outside sales at all.

Advice to Management

Present a compensation plan and stick to it.

Ministry Brands2019-05-06

"A part of something great"

I have been working at Ministry Brands full-time

Pros

I enjoy working for Ministry Brands. I like the people I work with and the work itself. My satisfaction with my job has increased over the last year as a result of better communication from leadership and with my team. I see other teams being happier too. We're getting projects done that we talked about for years, and people are buying in more.

Cons

With so many different products, while things have definitely improved, it can still be a challenge to find the "right" person to talk to when you need some domain knowledge. But people are always friendly about it.

Advice to Management

Continue to follow through like you have been on the things you say you're going to do.

Ministry Brands2019-03-19
  9. "Ministry Brands"

Current Employee - Account Executive

I have been working at Ministry Brands full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Flexible supportive environment and fun dynamics

Cons

Lots of white men in leadership

Ministry Brands2019-03-01

"Great people, but not interested in talent."

Former Employee - Software Developer in Knoxville, TN

I worked at Ministry Brands full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

The people at the team level are great. They are amazing people. The work/life balance is excellent.

Cons

They finally issue meager raises and then cut checks down to bi-weekly from bi-monthly. Employees are now making less per month than they were prior to the raises. There was a month between this shift so it could not have been a coincidence. Again, the people you work with are amazing and if pay isn't much of a concern for you then this company is great. If pay is a concern then look elsewhere because you will... make more doing the exact same thing elsewhere.

Advice to Management

You forgot about the foundation that keeps all of these companies going.

Ministry Brands2019-01-18