Ministry of Tourism Trinidad and Tobago Reviews | Glassdoor

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "awesome"

Current Employee - Project Manager
    Current Employee - Project Manager

Pros

the tourism is one of the biggest industry in Trinidad and Tobado. Working for the country development is the most important reason to work there.

Cons

Trinidad and Tobago is a poor country, so it's quite dificul to develop some project and to harmonize the development.

Advice to Management

We have to look forward for better competence and to try to improve strongly the competences that the ministry already has.

2. "The public service has its benefits, but you can end stuck in a rot if your looking for a quick promotion."

Former Employee - Clerk I in Port of Spain (Trinidad and Tobago)
    Former Employee - Clerk I in Port of Spain (Trinidad and Tobago)

Pros

Great non-monetary benefits, eg. cumulative vacation leave, casual leave,one hour lunch, training to enhance job performance.

Cons

Limited opportunities for promotion as the public service is based on a seniority system.

Advice to Management

Leadership and Management issues are the main hinderances in obtaining satisfaction at the MOT. I recommend greater employee involvement in decision making (where the employees are concerned); more free flow of information as it affects employees. Better HR practices (regarding, promotion and selection processes and a halt on the application of Public service regulations ONLY when convenient). Etc.