Minnesota Lung Center and Sleep Institute Reviews | Glassdoor

1. "CPAP/PFT Specialist"

Former Employee - CPAP/PFT Specialist
    Former Employee - CPAP/PFT Specialist

I worked at Minnesota Lung Center and Sleep Institute full-time

Pros

I worked with a really good team and enjoy the job, but the hours didn't work for me and my family. My manager was great in all areas and didn't micromanage. He would help us on the floors and go the extra mile. The RT's worked well together and approached everything as a team.

Cons

Hours and sometime long days

Advice to Management

I truly enjoyed working for my boss and would come back to work for him again.

2. "medical records"

Pros

love the flexibility, no one looking over your shoulder.

Cons

Repetitive work, communication, not all people want to be train in all duties

Advice to Management

better communication

"Respiratory Therapy"

Pros

None!! I am looking for another job.

Cons

The worse place I have worked for in all my 34 years in the field. I work consistently 9.5 hours a day and never get overtime. I never get a thanks.

"Worst job I have had in over 30 years of working in the medical field."

Pros

Some of my coworkers. And it's close to my home. I do love the patient care, and go above and beyond for them.

Cons

I have never worked for a more greedy unappreciative group of doctors. They could care less about their employees as long as their pockets are being lined. Poor patient care because upper management does not take care of problems. There is NO communication. Trying to get out asap !!

Advice to Management

You need to start being more appreciative of your employees, they help line those pockets. Good employees don't stay around for long. I don't understand how these Dr's and management don't get it... If you treat me well, I'm going to work hard for you and will be willing to go above and beyond. There is NO incentive to do your best.

5. "The negative reviews don"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN

Pros

Teamwork encouraged. Treated like family. Anyone who is willing to work hard is rewarded with opportunities for leadership. Great coworkers and management. The President has a good sense of business and has done a good job of steering the company in the right direction during some tough economic times. Innovative and always willing to consider changes that will increase employee morale and job satisfaction. Great collaboration between RTs, RNs, Sleep Techs, and Research Coordinators.

Cons

Like other small businesses, the economic downturn in 2008 led to a few years without raises, however, 2015 was a different story and employees were rewarded for their hard work and dedication. Also, there was no increase to health care premiums. I was informed that the company picked up the additional cost.

Advice to Management

Continue the pattern of rewarding hard work and dedication and encouraging changes in behavior for employees who believe they can trample on the policies.

6. "Works for me!"

Current Employee - Anonymous
    Current Employee - Anonymous

I have been working at Minnesota Lung Center and Sleep Institute full-time

Pros

Very nice group of people here. No weekends involved. Good hours. The MD's seem to be engaged it patient care.

Cons

No more than anyone else experiences. Some days can get busy.

Advice to Management

They seem fair to me. I would continue to treat all employees equally.

7. "Great place to work!"

I have been working at Minnesota Lung Center and Sleep Institute full-time

Pros

Minnesota Lung Center is a great place to work. I love what I do there and believe we make a difference in the lives of many of our patients. Although we have some turnover -every company does. We also have many long term employees.

Cons

There is really nothing negative about working here. We have opportunities for improvement but we also have a great team to drive change when it's needed.

Advice to Management

Continue doing what you are doing. It works well for most employees most of the time!

"Run to the nearest exit!"

I worked at Minnesota Lung Center and Sleep Institute full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The cons so outweigh the pros that it wouldn't be honest to give it any pros.

Cons

The worst environment I have ever worked in my entire career. I would not recommend this place to my enemies. The best day of my life was the day I left. The management is so bad, very negative, backstabbing encouraged. Extremely stressful and the worst HR department I have ever worked with.

Advice to Management

Replace Management- This organization is toxic and needs a complete change in Management.

"worker"

Pros

Nothing really, they dont care about the worker, only how to get money for themselves

Cons

worst company, they are rude, pick sides, no raises, nor bonuses, you do all the work, doctors are always out of town. they watch EVERY step to take. all time is managed by others. bosses are talking behind your back and writing emails about you. they only care about money and not sharing it. they DO NOT follow rules, all crash card and AEDs were expired. during studies they cheat and just push to get patients and dont care about the patients health, oh yeah ask the doctors what the studies are about?? they have no clue and supposed to be in charge, see they only push for money.....

"Work overtime without pay, on salary. Some of the doctors are very egocentric. Never received a raise after 4 yrs."

Current Employee - Registered Respiratory Therapist in Minneapolis, MN
    Current Employee - Registered Respiratory Therapist in Minneapolis, MN

I have been working at Minnesota Lung Center and Sleep Institute full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Work long hours for no pay, and put up with some very egocentric doctors.

Cons

Not appreciated by the staff, putting in unpaid extra hours, very busy environment.

Advice to Management

Need to listen to people working for them in the clinic.