Minnesota Office Technology Group Reviews | Glassdoor

Minnesota Office Technology Group CEO Dan Tuohy
Dan Tuohy
  1. "Highly Recommend!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Minnetonka, MN

I have been working at Minnesota Office Technology Group full-time for more than a year

Pros

The people here are great! It is a small office, so it feels like one small family. Management works hard to make it a fun environment, by always having incentives and fun outings going on! You are given the tools you need to succeed.

Cons

This is very competitive industry, so you have to be highly motivated.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing!

Minnesota Office Technology Group2018-12-06
  2. "Great Company for the Right Person"

Current Employee - Sales in Minnetonka, MN

I have been working at Minnesota Office Technology Group full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Income- This is one of the few 6 figure income jobs with little to no travel. It is very rare for an employee of 2-3 years to make under 100k. Variety- Personally this is Pro for me and why I love sales as a career. I get to interact with different people and different businesses everyday which keeps things interesting. You are not stuck behind a desk all day, if you want to run your book behind a desk or in the...

Cons

1st year- the first year here is really challenging. It takes a while to learn the business and build your book. You will be somewhat micro managed with activity until you are hitting your number but it will all payoff in the long run. After a year things will start to make sense and the sky is the limit. Entertaining/expenses- you are given a monthly allowance for expenses and customer entertainment but you will...

Advice to Management

Makes sales incentives on performance vs. activity. Sprinkle in a little a for new reps to earn something but the top performer should always be paid the most on incentives. Team Building- We need to do some type of event with our service team at least once or twice a year. They are our backbone and are the reason our clients will stay with us at the end of a contract, lets keep that relationship close.

Minnesota Office Technology Group2019-04-22
  3. "A Great Place to Work and A Great Place to be a Customer"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Minnetonka, MN

Pros

- The office is in growth mode. Lots of opportunity for sales reps who possess the drive to build their territory and learn about business. There is ongoing training to help the reps and management be the best that they can be. The support given by COTG is immense - from special pricing to extra support to help us succeed as a whole. This is not a place where you have 3 months to sell or your fired. We build...

Cons

The only challenge I see, that adds to the opportunity, is that we have a small footprint in the Twin Cities. Someone who is looking for a guaranteed territory base would not do well here. Hunters do.

Advice to Management

Continue to evaluate competitors and differences in our marketplace vs Chicago to keep our message relevant.

Minnesota Office Technology Group2018-08-10
  4. "Micromanagement is scary..."

Former Employee - Account Executive in Minnetonka, MN

I worked at Minnesota Office Technology Group full-time for more than a year

Pros

- Nice people to work with. - front desk employee is amazing. - If you are entry level and have never worked a sales job. You will appreciate every job you have after this one.

Cons

- MICROMANAGEMENT- It’s like working in a small fish tank. Even entertaining level reps don’t get this much which means high turn over rate. Going to the bathroom feels like a sin. WORK LIFE BALANCE DOESN’T exist. God for bid you have a family matter, health issue, or emergency. - Chicago office is put before our office. They have better service, work life balance exists, mangers value there employees mental health.

Advice to Management

STOP MICROMANAGING

Minnesota Office Technology Group2018-04-23
  5. "Be wary of working here"

I worked at Minnesota Office Technology Group full-time

Pros

Hard working team both sales, service, and office personal

Cons

Outdated management outlook provided by sister company COTG. They would be wise to speak with other vendors in the Twin Cites matket. To understand why other companies are sucsuccessful, and not MOTG.

Advice to Management

Stop worrying about how to squeeze very last dollar to pay managers salaries and bonuses. Focus on new techniques to actually help technicians service the clients better.

Minnesota Office Technology Group2018-03-24
  6. "Anonymous"

I worked at Minnesota Office Technology Group

Pros

Small company culture Great coworkers Fun environment Lots of independence Great mentoring and training opportunities

Cons

Not a ton of structure for the program (to their credit I was that first intern they ever had)

Advice to Management

Keep doing sales incentives for reps. They seemed to really enjoy that. Also continue the fantastic trainings and ride alongs since I learned a lot from them.

Minnesota Office Technology Group2016-09-26
  7. "Great entry level training experience. This is a very competitive, cut-throat industry."

Former Employee - Account Executive in Minnetonka, MN

I worked at Minnesota Office Technology Group

Pros

Fun environment, lots of excitement and praise for closing a deal. Lots of motivational activities- gift cards, incentives, etc for hitting goals.

Cons

Very hard to hit goals consistently; Micro-managed environment.

Advice to Management

Focus more on current clients instead of all net-new clients.

Minnesota Office Technology Group2015-01-28
  8. "Great learning experience"

Current Employee - Account Executive in Minneapolis, MN

Pros

Great compensation and training program. Fun after work activities, great sales incentives. Learn the in's and out's of being a true sales professional from cold calls to contract negotiations to implementation and account management. Work hard play hard is the motto. The people you work with make it fun.

Cons

Incredibly stressful work environment. Job purpose is to hunt down new business. Little support from managers and high turnover rate within management. During my tenure with the company a sales director, service manager, install technician, and two account executives quit. Administrative duties are handle off site at parent company in Chicago making communication on high priority issues and account documents hard to...

Advice to Management

Need more stability and support from management.

Minnesota Office Technology Group2015-01-07
  9. "Account Executive at MOTG Xerox."

I have been working at Minnesota Office Technology Group

Pros

Management Opportunities at very present

Cons

Can be a stressful environment.

Minnesota Office Technology Group2013-11-30
    • "Competitive Cut Throat Industry With High Turnover Rates but Strong Company"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in

I have been working at Minnesota Office Technology Group full-time

Pros

People are Fantastic and Energetic; Industry offers rare chance for professionals to enter business to business sales without inside sales experience as often is required.

Cons

Cut throat industry which is saturated with competition in Minnesota. Unlimited opportunity is faced with reality of rare sales wins.

Minnesota Office Technology Group2012-08-27