Mint Clothing and Accessories Reviews | Glassdoor

Updated April 23, 2017

1.8
Shawn Bermudez

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "For hs/college students"

I worked at Mint Clothing and Accessories part-time

Pros

Flexible work schedule, manageable team

Cons

Small business placed next to very large, popular clothing and accessory store made sales difficult

Advice to Management

Choose more ideal location

2. "sales associate"

I worked at Mint Clothing and Accessories part-time

Pros

none
    none no really
    none

Cons

poor company management
    they have no idea what theyre doing
    overprice jewelry

3. "Terrible Company"

Pros

Great clothes at decent prices. Decent employee discount.

Cons

The manager at the 8th st location...her name is Trish. Not only is she incredibly unprofessional and outright terrible for the job, but simply a terrible person. I was their top sales associate. I took a weekend off to visit my boy friend. Turned out I missed a "staff meeting" and was fired over the phone right on the spot.

Advice to Management

Fire Trish. Hire people who truly love fashion and want to be on their feet for 8 hours at a time.

4. "Mint use to be a fun place to work at, now it sucks."

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Pros

The hours were super flexible. Management was great at what they did. Everyone was nice and helped me when I had a problem with something. Sometimes we would have a dressup day where we tried on new clothing so that everyone could learn about the clothing. which helped us sell the clothing and accessories better.

Cons

Sometimes you would be stuck with a friday and saturday closing shift every week. Schedules were made too far in advance. I never knew what days I needed off. We needed to sell to get shifts. High sellers got more hours. Pay is near minimum wage. New management took over when I was working there. They ended up letting everyone go without reason. What use to be 4 4 great stores, there are now only 2 left. I guess management is doing great!!!

Advice to Management

Do not let go your best employees who sell the most. Your pricing is too expensive. Your sales do not attract people into the store. Learn how to run your business better. Learn how to communicate. Changing store huors will not help your bankruptcy problems.

5. "Amazing First Job"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Pros

Perfect job for a hardworking teen, Awesome if interested in part time, Great feedback is given by management if a job is well done, extremely flexible schedule and employees willing to cover a shift last minute.

Cons

Don't expect to pay the bills with the paycheck, must be good at sales- hours are given based on sales, must be efficient at problem solving.

6. "The good and the bad"

Former Employee - Keyholder in Houston, TX
    Former Employee - Keyholder in Houston, TX

Pros

The Middle management is excellent and the clothes sell themselves. They are usually very accommodating to employees schedule.

Cons

The pay is very low compared to the amount of responsibilities expected from the position.
    Employees are constantly secret-shopped by management.There is a weird passive-aggressive environment.

Advice to Management

Employees need better compensation in order to make up for all the responsibilities expected of them