Minted Reviews | Glassdoor

3.7
Minted Founder & CEO Mariam Naficy
Mariam Naficy

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • It is the best drama free work environment (in 13 reviews)

• Great Environment, Great People, Great Perks (in 8 reviews)

Cons
  • It takes 1 full year working full time to even qualify for benefits, so good luck if you have to go to the dentist (in 14 reviews)

• Very busy during the holiday season (in 13 reviews)

1. "creative, innovative company that's going places"

I have been working at Minted full-time (More than a year)

Pros

This is the happiest I've been at a company in a long time. It's a very creative environment - both inside the company and in the artist community that Minted supports. The business model is cool and innovative. People inside the company are smart and friendly.

It's a feel-good job. Minted is part of its customers' happiest moments: weddings, births, holidays, birthdays. Minted is also a creative training ground and business opportunity for independent artists who compete in Minted's competitions.

Employees are challenged to wear many hats and adjust quickly. The business seems to be growing well and the company is hiring.

Cons

Holiday season is crazy at Minted, just like it is at most retailers. The other 3/4 of the year are pretty balanced.

2. "Great Start-Up Experience"

I worked at Minted part-time

Pros

Has a "start up" feel.
    Empower employees to make decisions and value input.
    Working alongside many energetic, talented people.

Cons

Con to start-ups: burnt out employees, employees doing 2 jobs

3. "A real startup experience"

Current Employee - Marketing in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Marketing in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Minted full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Smart people, professional processes to get things done. Things happen quickly and you have the opportunity to make a difference and make the needle move. It is a super transparent company and the management team makes all efforts to make it a good workplace environment.

Cons

Have to be braced to put in the hours and the commitment required from a fast growing startup. Not for the faint hearted and the slackers.

Advice to Management

Keep it up.

"High Morale Among Engineers"

Current Employee - Software Engineer in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Software Engineer in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Minted full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I've been working here for over a year. The engineering role is fast-paced, challenging, and rewarding. I've learned way more in my first year here than I have in all four years of college. There is a tradition in the engineering team of mentorship and personal growth. Teaching and learning are both foundational to the culture on the engineering team. I always find ample opportunities to progress my career and work on new and interesting projects. The company is growing very fast and future positions are very promising.

Cons

The team is very fast paced and diverse in culture and experience. There are both very experienced engineers and new ambitious newgrads from college. Employee turnover rate is very high by the end of two years and talented individuals come and go. Engineering is a very demanding position and requires a lot of dedication and hard work. High demand during the holidays present a plethora of challenges to overcome.

Advice to Management

There is a lack of team building activities on the Engineering team to socialize with co-workers.

"A great place to work."

Current Employee - Software Engineer
    Current Employee - Software Engineer

I have been working at Minted full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I found the culture to be really easy going and fun. The company is growing, and there is a lot of opportunity. I feel that management did a great job at recognizing and working with my talents and shortcomings. I found the work to be rewarding, and appropriately challenging.

Cons

The company is experiencing some growing pains. It can be frustrating to find that a process is in need of improvement, but for some, this is an opportunity.

6. "One of the friendliest, collaborative work environments I have experienced"

I have been working at Minted full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

All the standard startup perks (snacks, friendly environment, flat management structure, real opportunities for growth), but in a profitable, growing business with a successful product line and lots of new stuff happening every day. They have brought in battle proven upper management from big tech companies and are moving in the right direction with business processes and strategy while keeping their charm.

Cons

It's a rapidly changing environment, the needs / short term goals can change quickly and you have to adapt. Not really a con but something to be aware of. Certain times of the year are very busy and the workload is high but they augment the staff during those times.

Advice to Management

I think it's on the right track.

7. "focused, high energy, collaborative work environment"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Pros

everyone has a voice, collaborative, not overly hierarchical. employees are given opportunities to develop and make an impact. customer & artist focused. work environment is very creative and conducive to open communication. perks like free snacks, bagels, lunch & beer o'clock every week support a strong team culture. reasonable work hours & supportive of work/life balance

Cons

some tech infrastructure challenges - all to be expected with a fast growing team and being addressed. no 401k match

"Director, Customer Operations Programs"

Current Employee - Director of Customer Operations Programs in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Minted full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Top-notch executives
    High employee caliber
    Beautifully designed products
    Kind and helpful teammates
    Fast growing company
    Ability to make an impact

Cons

Expected growing pains from rapid growth.

Advice to Management

Continue to be a workplace where it is a meritocracy and people's opinions are valued and heard.

"Solid career growth opportunities and excellent culture"

Current Employee - Director, Customer Operations in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Director, Customer Operations in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Minted (Less than a year)

Pros

Minted is experiencing terrific growth, which has generated tremendous career growth opportunities in all functions. It is very much a collaborative environment where everyone does their best to create and perfect best-in-class and innovative products and services. The company makes every effort to foster a healthy culture of trust and transparency. The offices are teeming with inspiring colleagues and bursting with creativity. The executive leadership is impressive and engaging. Oh, and Minted HQ is, by far, the most beautiful place I’ve worked.

Cons

The road of uncharted territory that comes with a growing company can be a bit rocky at times. Not every process and procedure has been refined, so sometimes you have to go with the flow.

Advice to Management

Minted is an excellent company. Do everything you can to preserve the culture. People are generally very happy, and that’s priceless. The little things matter, so keep on doing what you’re doing. Keep sharing wins, recognizing dedication and hard work, and promoting from within. You’ve got a great thing going.

"Excellent place to work"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Minted full-time

Pros

Good work environment that encourages continuous learning. There is a strong sense of community throughout the office. Management is passionate about the company's vision and it shows.

Cons

Need to provide better 401k options