Minuteman Parking Reviews | Glassdoor

Christopher Fox

1. "Great Company"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Manhattan Beach, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Manhattan Beach, CA

I have been working at Minuteman Parking full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great company in a growth market.

Cons

Love this job and company.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing.

2. "Poor management"

Former Employee - Valet Attendant in Santa Monica, CA
    Former Employee - Valet Attendant in Santa Monica, CA

I worked at Minuteman Parking part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Decent tips on good days, easy job and you get to drive some nice cars.

Cons

Management doesn't really work with you and just gives you a schedule. Underpaid and they cut your hours at times when there are too many employees.

Advice to Management

Management need better training.

3. "Cashier/Parking Attendant"

Former Employee - Cashier/Parking Attendant in Burbank, CA
    Former Employee - Cashier/Parking Attendant in Burbank, CA

I worked at Minuteman Parking part-time (More than a year)

Pros

It was a fun environment

Cons

Usually only work part-time hours

Advice to Management

Encourage team constantly

4. "It was a good experience for a summer job."

Former Employee - Valet in Los Angeles, CA
    Former Employee - Valet in Los Angeles, CA

I worked at Minuteman Parking part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Good place to get experience in hospitality and customer relations.

Cons

Either fast paced or very slow. The pacing could change at a moments notice.

5. "one who has a good personality."

Former Employee - Parking Attendant in Los Angeles, CA
    Former Employee - Parking Attendant in Los Angeles, CA

I worked at Minuteman Parking part-time (More than a year)

Pros

easy to get alone with the other that work with him.

Cons

just moving from place to place.

Advice to Management

they are experience worker.

6. "Once you have enough experience working here quit and get a better valet job"

Former Employee - Valet in Newport Beach, CA
    Former Employee - Valet in Newport Beach, CA

I worked at Minuteman Parking part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Flexible hours
    Tips
    Friendly environment among co-workers

Cons

Hourly pay
    Answering to incompetent management

Advice to Management

Quit

7. "Valet Jobs are abundant, I would suggest working somewhere else."

Current Employee - Valet, Shuttle Driver in Portland, OR
    Current Employee - Valet, Shuttle Driver in Portland, OR

I have been working at Minuteman Parking part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

It's a job.
    -There are no positive aspects of working for this company. They are a company that is contracted for parking services. They offer low prices for there services by cutting wages and removing benefits.

Cons

-Do not receive mandatory break periods.
    -Not appreciated
    -Management will never help or make position easier for staff.
    -Make money by going into existing business and taking over transportation and valet service and cutting the wage and removing benefits from the positions.
    -ugliest uniforms possible
    -Advertised as a tipped position, but tips are stolen from the employees and given to the hospital as a donation.
    -Dress code for the minuteman is stricter than the hospital staff. No facial hair, no visible tattoos,
    no piercing, which does not apply to any of the hospital employees. To make matters worse you are required to wear a uniform that is more appropriate to wear a fine dinning restaurant than a hospital.

-Because the horrible working conditions employee turnover is horrible. Many employees quit there first day. Is not a typical valet job (no tips). The constant turnover makes an already horrible job worse. The constant turnover creates a very unorganized chaotic culture.

Advice to Management

Remember that employees are part of the business. It would be nice to do one thing to make this job not horrible.
    -give employees there mandatory paid breaks
    -Get rid of the demeaning uniforms
    -Do not let companies steal valet employees tips by putting out a donation box as an alternative.

JUST DO SOMETHING FOR EMPLOYEES

8. "Awesome place for a student."

Current Employee - Account Manager in Los Angeles, CA
    Current Employee - Account Manager in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at Minuteman Parking full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

There are many varied properties to work out throughout the company (Hospitals,Hotels,etc).
    Tips, Good teamwork and community, Loyalty, Respect, From my experience the top level management really tries to bring the company''s core values down to the workers who are on the front lines. The company really changed my view of the parking industry, primarily by making me see there is an industry and it is not just back alley parking lot owners somewhere downtown.

If you work hard then you will see the benefits. You will also feel a boost in self worth for going ablove and beyond when you are assisting your guests. Good life lessons!

Cons

Any job has its ups and downs. I have had my fair share of both. Ultimately I cannot fault the company itself, there may be someone here are there that can be hard to deal with, but just get your act together and you can go far.

Some properties and positions can be really demanding. Usually everything works out fine, but there are times when everyone can get put into a bing and being a team you just need to do your part and work through it.

I feel like there is room for more pay.

Advice to Management

I think you have a really good thing going. I am actually proud to work for this company and I just want to see you guys hold the course.

9. "Good starter jobs for managers - great part time jobs for college students"

Former Employee - Account Manager in County Side, LA
    Former Employee - Account Manager in County Side, LA

I worked at Minuteman Parking full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

good upward mobility and supervisory and management starter jobs for college grads if you want to get into management and they like you and you are consistently good at your job. You must start as a valet though. Get great experience and training. Good top management for the most part, cares about employees more than other valet companies but could do more there. They have employee discount programs and some optioinal benefits for valets

Cons

Business depends on tips for valet employees which are limited at some locations so turnover is high. Most employees are part time which contirubutes to turnover. No real benefits until you get into management. Beneits there are average for management jobs. Pay for management jobs could be higher. Managers are expected to jump when asked to work anywhere no matter how many hours they worked that week. Some favortism seen among themanagement group.

Advice to Management

The company has great values for customer service. Extend some of that to employees in raise opportunities and benefits for full time employees including valets, which may reduce turnover which is a problem due to mostly part time employees

10. "I learned more working for this company, than I have ever learned in my daily life"

Former Employee - Courier & Valet in Lancaster, CA
    Former Employee - Courier & Valet in Lancaster, CA

I worked at Minuteman Parking part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great company, Great perks, They care about their employees, they make it a point to take care of their contracts, and are always great people

Cons

Very hot work days, not always offered the necessities, hired within the company, It was not easy to actually get this job and it took me 6 months

Advice to Management

Make it a point to take care of all of your employees no matter how insignificant you think they are, because at the end of the day they are the ones on the front lines giving your company its name.