Minuteman Press Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-time Part-time

3.3
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Bob Titus

Pros
  • Good working environment and friendly staff (in 7 reviews)

• Hands on learning in a fast paced environment (in 5 reviews)

Cons
  • Long hours, demanding owners, no room for growth, not a lot of time can be put in to design concepts (in 4 reviews)

• No benefits, no set vacation time (in 5 reviews)

1. "Excellence"

Former Employee - Graphic Designer in Conroe, TX
    Former Employee - Graphic Designer in Conroe, TX

I worked at Minuteman Press full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Wonderful people to work with in a warm environment. Ross Silva is very personable and enjoyable to work with.

Cons

The future of the company may seem dark at times, which can lead to stressful thoughts about where it is going.

Advice to Management

Think things through before coming to decisions.

2. "Unprofessional and Toxic"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Cumming, GA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Cumming, GA

I worked at Minuteman Press full-time

Pros

This is a chain franchise so you could hypothetically transfer to another location if you wanted to.

Cons

Extremely Disorganized. Rules and processes would change from day-to-day. "Family owned business" management style was extremely unprofessional and owners frequently brought their family issues into the workplace. Husband and wife would have aggressive screaming arguments inside the facility, during work hours. Owners of establishment (husband and wife) regularly mocked paying customers about their appearance, voices, and clothes, after they left the building. No benefits, very low pay. VERY toxic work environment.

Advice to Management

The owners should sell this franchise and find another life choice. They seem to hate the printing industry as well as dealing with the public.

3. "Poor management, No benefits."

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

I worked at Minuteman Press full-time

Pros

Gives you coffee and donuts on a Saturday meeting.

Cons

No benefits. So many people get let go before 6 months so owner has to pay no unemployment. Get hurt on the job you get let go before 6 months, no works mans comp ,no benefits, no UC.
    You must come in 1 Saturday a month (2 hours) for a meeting and do not get paid even if you work a 40 hour week. Call in sick and get docked a day pay for ful time employee!!!!

Advice to Management

Give employees benefits, Keep good people and have them work more than six months. Be fair and dont fire people just before there 6 months are up. Dont work employees over 40 hours and do not get paid. Call in sick and get docked a day pay now really is that fair.

4. "sales"

Current Employee - Sales Representative in Saint Louis, MO
    Current Employee - Sales Representative in Saint Louis, MO

I have been working at Minuteman Press full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

People are great. Fast paced.

Cons

Small company. Unsure of future with others in charge of Exit plan.

5. "Graphic Designer"

Current Employee - Graphic Designer in Lexington-Fayette, KY
    Current Employee - Graphic Designer in Lexington-Fayette, KY

I have been working at Minuteman Press full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Flexible schedule. Creative freedom. Professional growth

Cons

Not amazing base pay but room for growth with bonuses and commission.

6. "Great company culture and awesome place to work"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Farmingdale, NY
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Farmingdale, NY

I have been working at Minuteman Press full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Minuteman Press is a family-owned and operated company. I love the culture here at the corporate office and all of the employees are professional and friendly. This is a great place to work and everyone works hard. The goals are clear and everyone works to achieve them. I appreciate that my colleagues are not just hard workers, but high quality human beings. It means a lot to have a company that supports you every step of the way, and Minuteman Press does just that.

Cons

None that I can think of.

7. "Nice Owner"

Current Employee - Graphic Designer in Hampton, GA
    Current Employee - Graphic Designer in Hampton, GA

Pros

Set hours. Nice boss. Easy work.

Cons

No benefits, below average pay.

8. "Fast Paced, Low Pay, Not Enough Hours"

Former Employee - Designer in Kissimmee, FL
    Former Employee - Designer in Kissimmee, FL

I worked at Minuteman Press full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Everyone in the office were nice. I learned a lot about setting up files for print in the short time I was there. The customers going there are probably getting the cheapest in town, so their expectations are not usually to a high standard.

Cons

At the time they only allow you to work a total of 35 hours a week. The office is hot, and not ventilated properly to be running a press. The time allotted per project is unrealistic and results in poor quality of work.

"Graphic designer, customer service, sign writer and installer"

Current Employee - Graphic Design/Customer Service and Sign Writer in Rancho Cordova, CA

I have been working at Minuteman Press full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Some of the best reason to work would be that u will never be bored . Time goes so fast that u won't even realize that your were off like 2 to 4 hours ago. And the OT you have put in at the end of the day will not show up in ur pay check.

Cons

so many to share but less time to talk. Any ways have a AA Degree and getting payed below minimum wages sure cover the Cons topic.

Advice to Management

We work hard without proper tools and without proper safety with no benefit what's so ever. Atleast have a respect our hard work we put in at the end of the day or night. Bosses are the not the back born of a compnay.we the people are . treat and respect and don't lie and cheat us in minimum wages

"Terrible location to work for"

Former Employee - Senior Graphic Designer in Miami, FL
    Former Employee - Senior Graphic Designer in Miami, FL

Pros

I had the chance to learn more about design and work directly with clients to build portfolio.
    You get a chance to see your work printed

Cons

There are two owners. The male owner is very disrespectful. He constantly micromanages everything you do. If you ask too many questions, he will become very disrespectful and condescending to you. A print job was printed wrong, by mistake, and he got mad, opened the printer and threw a ream (500 papers) all over the floor yelling we cannot make mistakes and walked away in front of my co-workers making me feel embarrassed. It is a wife and husband owned location so you will see the constant stress from home brought to work. The husband owner constantly yells at you if you make ANY mistakes. I was fired for standing up to his nonsense when one day he yelled at me in front of customers for not having a job printed. I ran most of the printing, customer service, and ALL graphic design jobs by myself without help and fell behind a little. Before firing me, he told me he could treat me or talk to me any way that he wants to as he is MY BOSS. At this point, I went outside to talk to the wife (co-owner) in which she didn't mediate the issue. He walked outside in a very hostile manner and fired me for trying to explain to his wife what he did. Any learning I had to go to the wife because I could not approach, out of fear, the husband. Terrible location to work for and terrible owner. I highly do NOT recommend working here unless you absolutely HAVE to.

Advice to Management

Please keep in mind that the employees make a difference and are not tools to be thrown around or disrespected. I often did not take lunch meals just to make sure the work was completed.