Mirixa Reviews | Glassdoor

Mirixa Reviews

Updated Jul 8, 2019

2.8
Mirixa CEO Rick Solano (no image)
Rick Solano

"Great company with great values"

I have been working at Mirixa

Pros

I just recently started at Mirixa but here are my first impressions: - Staff is friendly with a good mixture of experience - Some employees had left to explore other opportunities but came back to Mirixa because of the great work environment, I think this says a lot about the company. - True work life balance. Other companies I have been with say they want you to have a balance but the company work style does not... actually make that achievable.

Cons

There are some growing pains but nothing that you would not see any where else. Things can be disorganized at times but I've been with more mature companies with much larger process issues. This doesn't make it a bad place to work.

Mirixa2016-05-11

"Scheduler, Customer Support Associate"

Scheduler, Customer Support Associate in Clifton, VA

I worked at Mirixa for more than a year

Pros

great people, great benefits, the 4th quarter is extremely busy and offered overtime

Cons

pay by hour, not salary, no privacy, loud people on phones

Mirixa2016-04-21

"Disinterested Ownership, Lackluster Management, Squandered Opportunities"

I worked at Mirixa

Pros

There are still some good, bright people working on certain teams who do GREAT work in spite of their surroundings. The company exists in an interesting position within the healthcare technology space, which provides the mirage of potential growth opportunity. They have decent benefits if you're full-time, but they're working to shift more of these costs to the employees each year. You'll get some laughs working... here, because some things are so messed up you just have to laugh.

Cons

The company is very much reliant on CVS to survive, and it's hard not to worry about what will happen at the end of the current contract term. Ownership still has no idea what it wants to do with the company, and are unlikely to figure it out before squandering what remains of Mirixa's dwindling opportunity to thrive in the marketplace. There are astonishing levels of incompetence and complacency within senior... leadership group. It can be hard to keep a positive attitude and overcome the office politics/toxicity/pettiness of the environment.

Advice to Management

Do your jobs. Listen to employees, even if they aren't telling you what you want to hear. Even though I had a poor experience with this company and I would not recommend it to a friend, I wish the best for the employees working there and for their sake, I hope management (and ownership) gets their act together to help Mirixa overcome its issues and succeed in the long run.

Mirixa2016-05-26

"Declining quickly"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Ashburn, VA

I worked at Mirixa full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great benefits and mission. The tools in office are appropriate. The service offering is good but they do not have the ability to implement on the mission.

Cons

Very hostile work environment and complacent management team. No investment in people to implement the mission. It is a sad state of affairs.

Mirixa2016-05-05

"Manager"

in Emeryville, CA

I worked at Mirixa

Pros

some really nice and talented people work in Emeryvile office.

Cons

disjointing being a small company with offices on east and west coast. Cannot keep a CEO Board cannot decide on a direction for company (grow or sell). They grow sales team and then reduce or change location of team. So until a clear direction for company it will limp along being stagnet does not give growth opportunity for its employees.

Advice to Management

Get it together...

Mirixa2016-03-08

"Great company, good staff, poor technical leadership"

Developer in Emeryville, CA

I worked at Mirixa for more than 3 years

Pros

Great solution for pharmacist to help Medicare and Medicaid patients mange their medication, and reinforce adverse conditions. Great place if you're not looking for any career growth and just want a work-life balance. Company provides snacks and drinks, and fresh fruits.

Cons

Code is not cutting edge, lots of copy and paste, nothing original to stimulate any sort of excitement for developers. Snacks are the unhealthy ones, and if you don't like it there's usually a few open snacks that are left for someone to try and confirm its bad. Whoever does that really should stop that behavior, it's unsanitary. Also unsanitary is the restroom, there's no ventilation, the men's and women's... restroom is separated by a wall that isn't fully enclosed because of a glass windows, so there's a gap where you'll hear EVERYTHING. Favoritism exists and it's bad, really really bad. During meetings if you clip your hair, clip your nails and file your nails then you'll likely get promoted. If you give people a "Death Stare" from hell then you'll likely get promoted. If you're friendly one day and rude the next day then you'll get promoted. Oh almost forgot, you must do a lot of online shopping and have it delivered to the office, that will guarantee you a promotion too. Any ideas will be shot down because no one can be better then the tech managers, so you need to be satisfied as a thoughtless worker bee.

Advice to Management

When a team has a 100% turnover, you might want to review the resumes of those you put in charge and see if they are really management material. Also, when an entire staff receives bad reviews that should raise concern as everyone can't be bad when releases are on time with good quality...this is a sign of favoritism and a trick to get rid of people that actually do the work because those that got promoted are... insecure of others that know how to code.

Mirixa2015-11-05
  7. "Goods small company, great mission, good people"

Current Employee - Technology in Emeryville, CA

I have been working at Mirixa full-time for less than a year

Pros

The company is the right size for me. Easy to navigate not too much bureaucracy. Good business model, great mission, good caring management.

Cons

Need to upgrade infrastructure a bit. Customers are demanding (potentially a good thing).

Advice to Management

Work hard to grow the company and expand the mission. You have a good base to work from.

Mirixa2015-05-02

"Pharmacists Beware!"

Pharmacist in Reston, VA

I worked at Mirixa

Pros

Flexible schedule and that is it.

Cons

Absolutely no benefis, no paid time off, no paid holidays, inconsistent and often low pay, self employed so huge tax burden

Advice to Management

Consider treating internal call center pharmacists with more respect by offering them better, more consistent pay, employee status, and benefits. Take a close look at how many pharmacists come and go. Obviously change is needed. Be honest during recruitment process. Reevaluate the people you have running the company. They seem to be doing a poor job.

Mirixa2015-01-17

"Disjointed but some brilliant people working there. Unfortunately they decided to move marketing back to the west coast"

Current Employee - Vice President Marketing in Reston, VA

I have been working at Mirixa full-time for less than a year

Pros

Healthcare IT is a hot industry. The CEO was a visionary when I was there. Unfortunately they let him go. I don't know anything about the current CEO.

Cons

They moved marketing to the west coast and then back again. Leadership was split over who should "own" marketing.

Advice to Management

Don't give consultants more power and say so than employees.

Mirixa2014-09-07

"Small (minded) Company"

Current Employee - Manager in Emeryville, CA

I have been working at Mirixa full-time for more than a year

Pros

Useful product that can benefit elderly/sick patients manage medications. Small company so you don't have to navigate many layers, in theory.

Cons

Zero leadership to speak of. No accountability. Employees are treated very poorly and kept in the dark about all decisions. Morale is always low as regular unexpected downsizing is frequent. Very little integrity at the "top."

Advice to Management

Hire new management. Treat employees with a little respect.

Mirixa2013-06-03