Mission Healthcare Reviews | Glassdoor

3.6
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Mission Healthcare CEO Mark Kimsey
Mark Kimsey

Pros
  • They are always striving to give the best quality patient care and provide the utmost support to the staff who administer it (in 6 reviews)

• Provides many employees various branches to work; Hospice, Home Health, Home Care (in 4 reviews)

Cons
  • Seems like upper management and local management not on the same page with employee expectations and or job titles (in 4 reviews)

• Home Health in general is different than anything else I have done, it is a specialty within itself (in 3 reviews)

1. "employment"

Current Employee - Scheduling Coordinator in San Diego, CA
    Current Employee - Scheduling Coordinator in San Diego, CA

I have been working at Mission Healthcare part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

they are very kind and willing to give people opportunities within the company, I began here with no experience and they gave me an amazing chance to grow and learn. I am very grateful.

Cons

i have no cons against the company.

"If this is how they treat their employees"

I worked at Mission Healthcare full-time

Pros

Helping the patients and famlies

Cons

Poor Management, not following Medicare regulations, not willing to change to grow

Advice to Management

Advice to the owners, start looking at your management; they are not fit to manage. Stop hiring people if you are just going to lay them off.

3. "Company in major transition"

I worked at Mission Healthcare full-time

Pros

You will work with some really genuine and nice people. Nice company events if you are lucky enough to live near the headquarters office.

Cons

The company seems to have little to no direction and employees are left in the dark when any changes are coming.

Advice to Management

Try to communicate more with your staff members. People want to be kept in the loop whether there may be good or bad news coming. When you keep everyone out of the loop, they will not feel valued.

5. "RN"

Pros

Great people! Very patient centered.

Cons

Too many changes all at once, going through transition right now.

Advice to Management

slow down!

6. "RN"

Former Employee - OT in San Diego, CA
    Former Employee - OT in San Diego, CA

I worked at Mission Healthcare (More than a year)

Pros

keep you busy with good caseload

Cons

It is hard to get things done in the management

Advice to Management

cut some unnecessary steps or procedures

7. "Occupational Therapist"

Pros

The intent to be a fantastic company that represents/supports their employees is certainly there but execution is behind the curve. I would suspect their sudden growth is to blame. They have a wonderful onboarding structure that is very informative but not totally inclusive. They have a fantastic I.T. division that is very supportive toward less knowledgeable computer people.

Cons

Sudden growth is holding this potentially wonderful company back. The Founders are doing their best humanely possible: I hope they can maintain their level of effort and not become "another home health company. The size of the company makes getting to know other providers which I believe fractures the continuity of care a bit.

Communication in Home Health is always a problem. Mission has it's share and probably a bit less than others. Primary administration is spread too thin to be as effective as it needs to be.

Advice to Management

Hire the best and let them do their thing, including using their professional judgement. micro management, or intermittent management is time consuming where that time could be better spent elsewhere. In my opinion, when things are going well, it may intimidate management so they start poking around to their disadvantage..... it's difficult to resist

"You can do better"

Pros

The people that work there are very close and friendly. This was the hardest part of working for mission to let go of.

Cons

This is the legit truth-They pay all employees the bare minimum and have the highest standards of any home health or hospice. I have overheard conversations of management bragging about how low they were able to bring on new employees. I was making them over $1,000,000 consistently per year and I was given a meager $3,000 raise after .. years and wasn't given a raise the next year 🖕🏼.
    The only way they can keep employees from leaving is giving them a fake title promotion which leaves them very top-heavy. I can name a few people that are "management" that no one knows what they're job is. They walking around their over priced Facebook style office micro-managing the people working in the trenches. Furthermore, if you hit your quota so you can collect a commission check on top of your peasant salary they raise it the next month. Looking back on my time at mission I was thankful for the opportunity and the people I got to work with but I was constantly stressed. Knowing what I know now, they completely took advantage of me.
    If you are considering taking a job here, be prepared to work your arse off for half the pay you probably deserve. Expect 100 emails a day you are required to read immediately. They also require you to download an app on your phone called mobile iron where they can track you and have full access to your calls, texts, location, pictures, data usage, and app downloads (they will control which apps you can download and they can only be deleted by I.T.) I can go on and on about the cons but seriously reconsider if you are interviewing for a sales job here.
    ps- an email was sent out to all current employees begging them to write good reviews on here. Check the dates of recent positive reviews. This is a violation of the terms and conditions on glass door.

Advice to Management

I have the upmost respect for Mark, Kerry, Amy, and Jen. The founders had a great business plan in the beginning but as time passed they put a bunch of corporate donkeys in management positions. Don't expect direct deposit; their payroll company dropped them for lack of payroll funds, but they claim to be worth upwards of $50,000,000.
    To the directors: you fell off the path you were intending to go. Sell your company and start over.

9. "One of the best organizations I've ever been a part of."

Current Employee - Sales Leadership in San Diego, CA
    Current Employee - Sales Leadership in San Diego, CA

I have been working at Mission Healthcare full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Access to senior leadership and to the Board of Directors is given to all employees. Senior leaders try hard to create a culture that people want to become a part of. And it's just a fun place to work, lots of energy.

Cons

Rapid growth is difficult for any company. Keeping our standards high as we grow as been hard. I'd also like to see more of the owners, they used to walk round the company a lot more than they do now.

Advice to Management

Keeping employees informed builds trust.

10. "Happy employee"

I have been working at Mission Healthcare full-time

Pros

Great company with a fantastic culture. A lot of upward mobility. Very receptive management. Young dynamic leadership. Feels like family

Cons

Could use more training regarding the industry

"Patient Care and Employee Satisfaction - TOP PRIORITY HERE!"

Pros

Exceptional patient care, with customer service being a top priority. The values that Mission lives everyday are centered around the patient and families that we service. Truly a great organization that follows through on company values each and everyday.

Cons

Expectations are high, but in the healthcare industry that should be a given which results in the patient and employees both benefitting.