Mission Healthcare Reviews | Glassdoor

3.1
Mission Healthcare CEO Mark Kimsey
Mark Kimsey

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • In terms of patient care, it's easy to sell for a company who continually does the right thing for the patients we bring on service (in 7 reviews)

• multiple openings with great benefits (in 3 reviews)

Cons
  • This is normal I believe for home health in general (in 6 reviews)

• It just shows once again another home health agency more interested in money then patient care (in 5 reviews)

1. "Great place to work!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

I have been working at Mission Healthcare full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

They really make sure that their employees are taken care of and understand that we are the ones who make the company great! Open to new ideas and reward hard work!

Cons

Whatever cons I could try to dig up would just be nitpicking and not really anything that matters enough... maybe add free car washing...

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work!

2. "People are nice"

Current Employee - Administrative in San Diego, CA
    Current Employee - Administrative in San Diego, CA

I have been working at Mission Healthcare full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

My Manager is nice and colleage

Cons

Management don't invest in peoples growth and talent

Advice to Management

Please invest into peoples talent and growth.

3. "Do not go there! Horrible company!"

I worked at Mission Healthcare full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The people that you work in the trenches with are the best part Mission.

Cons

Senior leadership has no idea what they're doing. The owners of the company place too much trust in these people. It is a very missed trustful organization. They suck away at your self-esteem.

Advice to Management

advised to middle management, trust no one at the senior level. They are all just trying to save their own butts.

4. "Disappointed"

I worked at Mission Healthcare full-time

Pros

I can recall None upon my departure

Cons

Often release people from employment with little or no just cause. Walk employees off site in front of others during prime office hours.

Advice to Management

Respect your employees. Respect people in general and do not continue with this horrible practice. No reason for this except for the enjoyment of the person that is doing the firing. Shame on you.

5. "Good intentions, poor decisions."

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

I worked at Mission Healthcare full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great people at the front lines trying to take care of patients across Southern California. Tough environment to focus on better care and outcomes.

Cons

Constant challenges with leadership, sales always wins over operations. Priorities are mismanaged from the top down. Company living outside of its means.

Advice to Management

Take care of people, grow your leaders. Find the culture that started the company many years ago.

6. "Worst company ever"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Murrieta, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Murrieta, CA

I worked at Mission Healthcare full-time

Pros

Clinical staff are lovely to work with. Nurses and chaplain are hard working, smart, and loving people. Pay is good.

Cons

Zero leadership, poor communication, no education for staff, no support, multiple people do the same job, patients complain weekly and transfer to other companies due to lack of follow through as a result of issues in the company. Worst place I've ever been a part of.

Advice to Management

I would give advice to management but none existed in my chain of command. CEOs haven't worked in Hospice personally and haven't educated themselves enough to lead one.

"Short term job"

I worked at Mission Healthcare full-time

Pros

high base salary, medical benefits

Cons

inexperience marketing managers, HR problems and issues on the conduct of sales managers

Advice to Management

practice what you preach from the beginning of the company. Do whats right for the patients and employees by not cutting cost and overworking your clinicians.

"Horrible stay away. Choose another company, if you want to grow your career."

Current Employee - Clinician in San Diego, CA
    Current Employee - Clinician in San Diego, CA

I have been working at Mission Healthcare full-time (More than a year)

Pros

1. Free coffee.
    2. Free air condition
    3. Flexibility to come in different times.
    4. If you are in management and if you get rehired do not join to be again laid off.
    5. If you accepted another offer and they make a counter offer pls do not change your decision as I did the mistake.

Cons

1. No job growth.
    2. Inefficiency in management
    3. Structure of management is such that in order to pay those high ups every year there is lay offs.
    4. Not because of business but poor decisions and poor strategic team doesn't know how to run the business.
    5. They are trying to sell this business.
    6. Less than market pay rate.
    7. Another thing if you are laid off you don't get severance pay.
    8. You don't get tuition reimbursement
    9. You get crappy medical benefit
    10. There is no training program.
    11. You don't even get paid family leave.
    12. All the benefits is for executive committee and owners. So stay away if you really want a win- win situation.

Advice to Management

You don't need advice cause you already think you are the best. Please I hope your business doesn't go down not for you but for the poor people who don't have choice. You continue to do these and within 5 years you will be out of business.

"Helping patients to achieve optimal health at home"

Current Employee - Home Health Case Manager in Hemet, CA
    Current Employee - Home Health Case Manager in Hemet, CA

I have been working at Mission Healthcare (More than a year)

Pros

Other staff members work well as a team. Good communication with my office staff good director great schedulers who listen to field staff

Cons

Frequent changes in everything. This is normal I believe for home health in general. However it makes it difficult to do the job professionally and give attention to the patients they deserve

Advice to Management

Remember your field staff is your most important asset

"Core values need adjusting"

I worked at Mission Healthcare full-time

Pros

At one time I thought I would have a place at Mission for years to come. I am having a hard time thinking of pros right now. Many of the people I worked with I valued and appreciated and miss working with them. .

Cons

Lack of trust throughout the organization which creates a tense workplace, no true teamwork and many hidden agendas. The owners and leaders are willing to throw away strong workers with experience and integrity just to get numbers and pacify the marketing team. A person who works hard for the company, always with it's best interest at heart and with sound expertise should not find themselves in the unemployment line. Perception is lace of appreciation for staff and poor patient care.

Advice to Management

Eliminate the shiny object syndrome. Get back to basics ans focus and great patient care and service. Start looking at quality of the care provided over the numbers and you will gain for all the right reasons. Trust those who sometimes don't tell you what you want to hear. Remember that if nothing changes, nothing changes. In hospice you on my get one chance to get it right and sadly Mission has not been getting it right for a while. You have so much potential. Let those who know the industry and how to create a strong team get control of the situation. You need clinical leaders and allow them to get the structure necessary to support growth and the provide great patient care.