Mitchell 1 Reviews | Glassdoor

Dave Ellingen
  1. "Great company"

Current Employee - Inside Sales Representative

I have been working at Mitchell 1 full-time for more than a year

Pros

Mitchell1 is a great company to work for. I have been with them for more than 2 years in inside sales and there is opportunity to make good money. The products they sell are industry standards which helps during the sales cycle. One thing I was looking for was a stable company to call home and I can say I have found it in Mitchell1. The hours are great so there is a good work/life balance. Management is energetic... and want to genuinely help you.

Cons

Their inside sales dept has grown within the last 2 years so there are some growing pains. Things can seem overwhelming at first however with time you get used to the sales cycle and products.

Advice to Management

Need to get a CRM system.

Mitchell 12017-03-23
  2. "Tough work but great potential"

Current Employee - Inside Sales Representative in Poway, CA

I have been working at Mitchell 1 full-time for more than a year

Pros

Work schedule off by 3:30 pm daily. No weekends. Income potential. I've made over 100K last year working only 40 hours a week. Great brand name. Everyone knows who Mitchell 1 is.

Cons

needs a CRM system to enhance the customer experience for existing and potential customers

Advice to Management

continue to develop a better training for new and tenured reps

Mitchell 12017-03-22

"Avoid this company!"

Former Employee - Inside Sales Representative in San Diego, CA

I worked at Mitchell 1 full-time for less than a year

Pros

Coworkers were pretty friendly and helpful and management was decent. Good product overall that they sell. It appeared you can make good money there if you can sustain your success month over month. However at least half the sales floor was not meeting quota.

Cons

No CRM system to track your customers, which is absurd for a call center this big. You make 100-200 calls a day and all of them blind. You can't see any notes on an accounts until the call connects. Horrible database that can't separate current customers from prospects, nor do they update bad numbers or contacts or even allow you to do it. I called multiple deceased former owners at auto shops(some had passed years... ago) a week. Many other calls were to current customers wondering why I was calling them. Very little training at all too. I started on the phones the very first day after a couple hours of training, which is a huge red flag. Why would you want someone with very little knowledge of your company or products representing you immediately on the phones? They also have a chargeback system that allows the company to hedge their bets on you. If the customer cancels service during the first 30 days, you are charged back the full sale amount. To take that a step further, if the customer cancels in the 11th month of a 12 month contract you are charged back the full amount, no proration. Numerous sales reps had negative sales revenue numbers for most of the time I worked there. Basically you have to sell twice as much software on your monthly quota to earn the same commission amount every month. Product cancellations appear to be around 40% every month. Worst call center I have ever worked at.

Advice to Management

Get a CRM system and invest more time in training new employees to start.

Mitchell 12017-03-13

"Outside Sales Rep"

Former Employee - Sales Representative

I worked at Mitchell 1 full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Great product, support, and coworkers

Cons

Annual compensation plan changes make it hard to maintain earnings year over year

Advice to Management

Build a stronger appreciation to your filed sales repa

Mitchell 12017-02-14

"Inside Sales Representive"

Former Employee - Inside Sales Representative in Poway, CA

I worked at Mitchell 1 full-time for more than a year

Pros

If you hit your number you are untouchable.

Cons

Lack of professionalism, management is rude and shows favoritism. No real concern for the employee unless you are hitting the numbers

Advice to Management

Treat every employee with respect! Understand that hitting the target goal is as importtant to them as it is to you! Understand that they have lives outside of the office, show some compassion and care.

Mitchell 12017-01-10

"Great company with a purpose!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

I have been working at Mitchell 1 full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Challenging work environment as they strive to be the best at what they do. Snap-on values pervasive through company culture. Rapid continuous improvement for standard work keeps all employees looking for inefficiencies that can be improved upon. The Management Team is focused on their goals, and for a nearly 100 year old print company to have reinvented itself into the digital age is pretty impressive..

Cons

I don't know of any. I'm told the salary ranges are on the low side of average, but the average tenure is high and stability is there, which is important.

Mitchell 12016-09-19

"Good, but could be great"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Escondido, CA

I worked at Mitchell 1 full-time for more than a year

Pros

The money can be good if you work hard, but have to be very resourceful and figure things out on your own. Most of the people are great.

Cons

More and better training when first hired and better support once you get up and going. Need to do better communicating expectations when first getting started

Mitchell 12016-08-01

"grgtt"

I worked at Mitchell 1

Pros

Great people and great atmosphere

Cons

Pay could be a little more competitive.

Mitchell 12016-06-08
  9. "Strong Autonomous Teams"

I worked at Mitchell 1 full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Team members leave ego's at the door and get deadlines met.

Cons

company culture doesn't leave employees feeling ecstatic about their current role or duties.

Mitchell 12016-06-07

"Independent Sales Rep"

Former Employee - Independent Sales

I worked at Mitchell 1 full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Manage your own time as an independent sales rep. Compensation is 100% commission. However, the expectation is a full time work effort and the quotas are based on previous performance of the territory. If you can't exceed it, you're not a top performer.

Cons

Compete with the company you sell for and 2 others with the same products in the same accounts. The number of accounts in the country is fixed. The opportunity list isn't growing. Assume all costs, cancellation and liability against your commissions. Company consistently fails to make release dates on schedule. No residual income to cover basic costs of living and/or doing business. Finance finds that taking... away income from field sales is a great way to boost the bottom line which looks good to shareholders. Regional Managers take 2 days to return your call on average and corporate usually decides not to answer at all unless they started the conversation. Company is very thin skinned. If your customers have a product complaint, they don't want to hear it from you and will be very defensive. Be prepared to prove everything you have to say in writing. The culture is one that depends on email and recorded phone call documentation as a management insurance policy.

Advice to Management

Value the face to face selling relationship, its the best way to sell to auto repair shop owners. Train independents on implementation of product. Customers don't like having to watch they videos after you leave. Get an secure order submission solution because right now you're leveraging field sales for PCI Compliance. Your company has been under phishing attacks for 2 years. Hire somebody competent to... secure your email distribution so that the field sales people stop getting bombarded by the phishing emails that are coming from your company.

Mitchell 12016-03-22