KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Mitchell Communications Group Reviews

Updated Feb 20, 2021

Found 20 of over 20 reviews

3.7
Mitchell Communications Group CEO Sarah Clark (no image)
Sarah Clark
  1. 5.0
    Current Employee

Smart, caring, highly engaged, client service-focused company that has evolved positively over the last few years.

Feb 20, 2021 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

Passionate and smart people, variety of clients and industries, desire to grow and evolve, cares about each other. Strong culture and values.

Cons

Agency work is demanding and hours are tough sometimes.

2. 4.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

Excellent Culture and Coworkers

Nov 11, 2020 - Art Director in Fayetteville, AR
    Business Outlook

Pros

The people here are truly amazing and instantly treat you like one of their own. The culture is truly work hard play hard.

Cons

Depending on your client or project, you can end up working well over 40 hrs a week.

3. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

GREAT culture and a fantastic place to work

Sep 10, 2020 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great Culture, Cool Clients, Open Communication

Cons

There are no faults to list.

4. 5.0

Fantastic People and Culture

Aug 6, 2020 - Public Relations
    Business Outlook

Pros

People, culture, location, flexibility, collaboration, vision

Cons

Regular challenges from being an agency, but nothing major

5. 2.0
    Former Employee

Questionable character

Mar 13, 2019 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

They’re nice to your face. Great place if to work if you don’t want a life outside of work and dream of being a work-a-holic. There’s a handful of decent, honest people but the rest are out to make sure they and they alone will come out on top.

Cons

Dishonest, two-faced, and manipulative management. Work life balance does not exist. Not sure management knows what a respectable culture actually looks like. Diversity is a dream, not a reality. Look elsewhere if you are starting your career, this place will give you the worst taste in your mouth for agency life.

2 people found this review helpful

Human Resources Team

We are sorry to hear that you left Mitchell feeling this way. We wish this type of feedback could have been shared prior to your leaving as we would have loved to have discussed your feelings at that time. We also believe the proof is ‘in the pudding’ as they say. If managers are not being transparent or truthful, then we want to know about it as all of our managers are held accountable to being trustworthy and responsible for supporting and growing their teams. Mitchell’s great culture is our trademark and it is a strong differentiator for us. Our drive for inclusion and diversity is real and we’re not afraid to be a part of the conversation as we strive for an even more diverse workforce. Agency life can be demanding, but our flexible workplace policies are in place just for that reason. Offering our employees the opportunity to work from anywhere and encouraging each employee to take advantage of our generous vacation and leave policies is one of several ways we promote balance as we strive to meet our client’s needs. Mitchell’s employee survey this year revealed engagement scores that increased again this year – among the highest in our network. This tells us that we have an agency that is engaged and heading in the right direction. We hope you find what you’re looking for as you continue your career elsewhere.

6. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

It is the best time of my life!

Jan 9, 2014 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

Mitchell provides an entrepreneurial environment where passionate professionals help clients and each other succeed. You have an opportunity to work on iconic brands -- small, medium and large. You work with people who truly have your back and pull together as a team to accomplish a task. Management is strong and truly cares about the people. We all work together. We have a roadmap for our future and values that are strong including open communications and integrity, which mean so much to me. Our senior leaders are very transparent and not only share the strategic vision for the agency, but allow us to be part of creating that strategy. I love this company. I learn AND contribute every day. I look so forward to going to work. Our culture is authentic and real and you don't find it everywhere. So many people who have joined us tell us after a few months that they can't believe that a place of employment can truly be this great.

Cons

Not everyone knows of us!

Human Resources Team

We love your comments! You've really described the core of who we are and why real people, real connections and real impact has become our mantra. Help us get the word out! Mitchell is hiring!

7. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

LOVE MY JOB!!!!

Apr 17, 2018 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

Feeling appreciated on a daily basis for the work you do. My job has changed over the last 3 years a lot compared to what I was originally hired to do. To me, that is a good thing. The executive committee and senior leadership team has assisted me in developing a level of confidence in myself that I have never experienced at any other job. They also make me feel that my opinion is worth something and appreciate the input I provide. It took about 10 years in my career to find my "fit" and be happy to come to work everyday and get to work with some amazing people!! If you put in the work and the dedication, you get it back 10 fold.

Cons

Work life balance can be a challenge at times, but this is true at any job. I never feel like I am in it alone. When help is needed, leadership has always stepped up and done what they can.

Human Resources Team

Wow!! We’re so happy to know that you feel recognized and appreciated for the work that you do. Inclusion is an important part of our culture, and it’s encouraging to know that you feel included and supported by your peers and leadership. Thank you so much for sharing!!

8. 5.0

Great Place to Work

Apr 17, 2018 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great company with a great culture. Good to its people and career opportunities are available for those willing to work hard and get engaged. Your opinions matter and you are listened to. Change occurs often but that is the business we are in. Our industry is constantly changing and you have to change with it or get left behind. Digital has changed our lives. You have to keep up and change with it. I love Mitchell's main focus on the client. Always asking what problem we are trying to solve for the client. Relationships mean everything at Mitchell -- internal and external.

Cons

Location often stands in the way of Mitichell being viewed as a national player. But, the company competes at the highest levels. Just look at its client roster. Worklife balance has to be monitored, but company leaders walk the talk and support you.

Human Resources Team

Thank you for your feedback. We’re glad to know you feel Mitchell is a Best Place to Work and we certainly want to keep it that way! We know that the only thing constant in life is change so we appreciate your willingness to be a change agent, and love seeing that you embrace our value of being pioneering because it truly makes us better business partners for our clients.

9. 4.0
    Former Employee

Great Starting My Career Off - Account Executive

Jul 19, 2018 -
    Business Outlook

Pros

Lovely people overall Great opportunities Culture-centric

Cons

Not feeling heard Senior management heavy

Human Resources Team

We appreciate your comments and always take them to heart. We will also be sure to share your feedback with our managers and executive leaders as we know continuous improvement is important. I hope our recent acknowledgement as Mitchell being one of the Best Places to Work in the state reflects how our team members feel overall about Mitchell including our culture, leadership, flexible work environment, perks and benefits. Onward and upward!

10. 5.0

Awesome firm, amazing people

Mar 9, 2014 - Anonymous Employee in Fayetteville, AR
    Business Outlook

Pros

Smart, friendly people. Great opportunities to learn and grow. It's always exciting to see the work that is produced by this agency - even better to be part of making it happen. Culture is really important here and so is professional development. Being a team player is super important because collaboration and idea sharing happen every day. Great place to work!

Cons

If you don't like to work hard, this isn't the place for you. This is a busy agency so you need to be comfortable moving at a fast pace.

Human Resources Team

We thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts about Mitchell! Culture is our bread and butter. We are a values-based, results-driven agency and we agree with you - our people work hard because of their unwavering commitment to our clients and each other and their passion to succeed. Although we're busy and work hard, we also take time to celebrate and recognize our teams. So glad you're on the journey with us!

Viewing 1 - 10 of 20 Reviews