Mitchell & Titus Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-time Part-time

2.5
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Tony Kendall

1. "A GREAT place to learn and work!"

Former Employee - Assurance Senior Manager in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Assurance Senior Manager in New York, NY

Pros

Excellent learning environment.
    Partners allow staff to grow into their own areas of interest.
    Benefits consistent with Public Accounting norms.
    Active recruiting for new and experienced staff.

Cons

Hours are demanding as is to be expected in Public Accounting.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing.

"Audit Staff"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I worked at Mitchell & Titus full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Excellent exposure to not-for-profit and employee benefit plan audits. Challenged to learn on the fly.

Cons

Constant turnover of managers and seniors due to cost cutting and more experienced employees finding better and higher paid jobs with larger accounting firms. Not much experience besides not-for-profit and employee benefit plan audits.

Advice to Management

Management does not listen to its employees or show any interest in doing so. Many people have left the firm. Management always makes it seem like they were terrible employees which is a total lack of respect to a lot of hard working and dedicated former employees. It is sad!

"The legacy of having been a big 4 member firm, has created a stuffy, bureaucratic environment."

Former Employee - Assurance Staff in Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - Assurance Staff in Chicago, IL

I worked at Mitchell & Titus full-time (More than a year)

Pros

It's a small firm so you get to know most of you colleagues. Very specialized EBP and NFP work. Traveling is ample especially at the lower levels.

Cons

There is tons of disconnect at the top and it's quite apparent to everyone. None of the partners are on the same page as to the direction the firm is headed. It takes a very long time to get questions answered. Partners fail to live up to their promise of having 'an open door policy'. They've attempted to have open forums and town halls but all that ends up happening is the partners ask you to write your questions on notecards that never even get looked at.

The planning stage of audits is laughable. Team planning meetings are, for the most part, held when field work is completed or almost completed. Partners will have a lot of criticism of managers and seniors and take absolutely no ownership of their lack of involvement in the planning process.

Many, at all levels, are stuck on the "roll forward PY work papers" even though they've adopted a completely new methodology. There is no room for people at the lower level to express any creativity or flex their professional judgment muscles. Any ideas that get brought up are quickly shut down, with no discussion, if they are not in line with what was done in previous years. There is very little room for growth and development and they are hemorrhaging clients and personnel.

Advice to Management

You need to make a huge investment in your culture. That does not just mean some half baked, half day, "team building event". It takes time and commitment by all the partners to build an environment of creativity and enthusiasm.

5. "Senior Auditor 1"

Current Employee - Senior Auditor in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Senior Auditor in New York, NY

Pros

They are trying to grow. Trying to build a team, good place if you are looking to grow and gain more experience

Cons

Do not know as of now, I am sure there is but just been a week. pay is less then big4

Advice to Management

Pay more to attract good quality employees

6. "So Far So Good"

Pros

There is clear room for growth from the bottom up. Having a home grown CFO is very encouraging. Providing food on Friday's fosters a family feel.

Cons

There are still some growing pains in regards to technology and software conversion. People move on for various reasons, but the impression on employees is negative.

Advice to Management

Continue to implement the ideas from HR to build cohesiveness.

"Amazing place to work and Grow"

Current Employee - Staff Auditor in Philadelphia, PA
    Current Employee - Staff Auditor in Philadelphia, PA

I have been working at Mitchell & Titus full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I am just beginning my career at MT and so far I am thoroughly impressed! First week orientation was amazing! I met the entire executive team and they are great people with a clear vision for the future. The office culture is great and everyone wants you to succeed and helps you to do so. There is a true open door policy in policy and I speak to the partners on a daily basis. I have been on several different engagements and have learned so much in just a short amount of time. Although, this is a mid-sized firm it has the pedigree of a Big 4 without the politics.
    One thing that stood out to me is the clear opportunity for growth! I truly mean real growth with the ability to make partner. There is opportunity everywhere here, which is great because I came from a firm with no opportunity.
    Although, I am still new I have a great feeling about this place. All the employees in my office are genuine and friendly and there is real opportunity for growth.

Cons

I have no cons at this point.

Advice to Management

Continue to be engaged and listen to employee feedback.

"Horrible people and leadership"

I worked at Mitchell & Titus full-time

Pros

nice office location in NYC, that's about it

Cons

Leadership does not work hard and is not very smart. They don't even really bother to fake caring about staff and career development. The split from EY was poorly design end executed.

There is little doubt why EY paid millions to rid themselves of M&T

Advice to Management

Work hard, be smart, replace yourselves

"Great place to work"

Current Employee - Assurance Senior Manager in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Assurance Senior Manager in New York, NY

Pros

The firm has gone through some changes over the past year, but I do see things moving in the right direction. Partners are interacting more with staff. Employees aren't as tense. HR is doing a great job with more engaging activities and team building events! I enjoy the free breakfast and lunch on Fridays.

Cons

We are still understaffed. Work-life balance is non-existent.

Advice to Management

More communication from the top down regarding our standing relative to our industry peers.

"Senior Auditor"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Elkridge, MD
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Elkridge, MD

I worked at Mitchell & Titus full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great and friendly environment to work in.

Cons

Management don't know the needs of the staffs.

"Good experience"

I have been working at Mitchell & Titus full-time

Pros

Decent Work life balance

Cons

Too many jobs that require multi tasking

Advice to Management

Hire more people