Mitrais Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

3.6
Wiwie Harris

Sort: PopularRatingDate

"Good enough for learning, but not for the career establishment"

I have been working at Mitrais full-time (More than a year)

Pros

- Competitive salary compared to similar business
    - Clear career path.
    - Offices are not in Jakarta. Good for you who are tired with Jakarta's traffic
    - Bunch of facilities.
    - Free breakfast every Wednesday, free fruit every Friday, and a monthly happy hour
    - Lots of training and workshops. Good for you who want to improve skills and knowledge.

Cons

- Everything is luck-based. Your salary increment, promotion, opportunity to learn new things, even possibility to join the internal training, all of them are luck dependent.
    - Client always win.
    - Technology and facilities used are so out of date. If you wants to learn and stay up-to-date with recent tech stacks, this is not your place.

Advice to Management

- Please be more care to your employees.

Apr 11, 2018 – HR Manager

Thank you for taking the time to give us your honest opinions about working at Mitrais. We are glad to note that you have listed many positive things about Mitrais. In particular you have highlighted... More

2. "Good for Learning Organisation, but Bad For Career Development"

Current Employee - Software Engineer in Yogyakarta, Yogyakarta (Indonesia)
    Current Employee - Software Engineer in Yogyakarta, Yogyakarta (Indonesia)

I have been working at Mitrais full-time (More than a year)

Pros

- Supporting environment to learn everything about what you love.
    - Good for those who want to experience working with overseas clients.
    - Competitive benefit (BPJS, private insurance/AXA, optical and dental cover)
    - Constant training from the training division
    - Balanced work and life. Breakfast every Wednesday and fruit day every Friday. Happy hour session every month. Outing session every year.

Cons

- Lack of transparency from management level.
    - People from training division seem not to have good collaboration with management division.
    - Management tends to push their subordinates to focus only on something that can sell to clients, without thinking about their quality.
    - Assessment system is quite frustrating since you have to do it along with your projects. If you have a client that asks for your full-time, then get ready to forget everything about your career promotion.

Advice to Management

Please be more updated about your assessment system. We are not living in 2000s. You need to be more focused on pursuing creativity and passion of your employees, not just focusing on something theoretical (and probably not used in the projects nowadays).

"Nice place to start a new carrer and to settle."

Current Employee - Programmer Analyst in Yogyakarta, Yogyakarta (Indonesia)
    Current Employee - Programmer Analyst in Yogyakarta, Yogyakarta (Indonesia)

I have been working at Mitrais full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Nice Salary, good office location (Jakarta, Bandung, Yogyakarta, Bali, Vietnam). Many activities, happy hour every month.

Cons

No end year bonusses. No free lunch. Free breakfast is only at Wednesday.

Advice to Management

Reduce onsite duration.

Mar 26, 2018 – HR Manager

Thank you for posting your review. We appreciate you taking the time to give us your honest opinions about working at Mitrais. Over the years Mitrais has strived to improve the work environment as... More

"Good for Fresh Gradute"

Current Employee - Software Engineer in Denpasar (Indonesia)
    Current Employee - Software Engineer in Denpasar (Indonesia)

I have been working at Mitrais full-time (More than a year)

Pros

1. Salary/benefit isn't too low compare to traditional vendor in Indonesia.
    2. Exposure to multiple and interesting project if you are lucky enough.
    3. Good for Fresh Graduate, you could learn a lot with basic principle of Software Engineering.
    4. Listen to feedback.

Cons

1. Won't invest a single penny to get the best tools/equipment for the employee.
    2. If you aren't lucky, get sh*t project and your career would be stuck forever.
    3. Your skills won't affect your career so much, so don't bother to level-up yourself if you want to stay at this company for long-long time, as long as you are profitable to the company.
    4. Managers usually doesn't really care with the project status and only focus how to sell at the beginning then hands-off.
    5. Old school people, if you are creative software engineer, better find a startup, seriously.

Advice to Management

Recently some of us aware that this company now only care for short-term profit without care much on long-term quality which is contrary with company vision itself "Continuous Commitment".

Educate the manager manners, they are usually the main trigger, why this company lost the talents.

Feb 25, 2018 – HR Manager

Thank you for posting your review.

We are delighted to learn that one of the four “Pros” is that we listen to feedback and it is true. We value feedback from our staff as well as leavers... More

"Good Workplace for Learning Fresh Graduate"

Former Employee - Programmer in Yogyakarta, Yogyakarta (Indonesia)
    Former Employee - Programmer in Yogyakarta, Yogyakarta (Indonesia)

I worked at Mitrais full-time (More than a year)

Pros

+ Lots of Learning Opportunity
    + Relatively Objective Performance Review
    + Okay Management
    + Work-Life Balance is very Good
    + Good Benefits

Cons

- Smallish Salary
    - Not Very Challenging
    - Development is very client-driven

Advice to Management

I have no complaints

"'Bad culture, good benefit'"

Current Employee - Staff Accountant
    Current Employee - Staff Accountant

I have been working at Mitrais full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

- Competitive salary for Senior level in Indonesia
    - Good healthcare insurance
    - Wed breakfats, Friday fruits, Friday happy hour once a month
    - Outing every 6 months (for those who like it)
    - Transport allowance every 6 months
    - Glasses reimbursement every 6 months
    - Recently there is Remote working 4x a month but since I think it is on regular
       hours and sometimes the works were hectic so better work in the office.
    - Very rare overtime
    - Free english lesson once a week.

Cons

- Using Competency Review based on your experience in Mitrais only, to get the promotion. So if you had no chances or projects that cover skills that you need to increase your level then you won't level up. Your whole experience as your self is only counted in hiring process. But few managers I heard that they just believe with your self review, not very stricly or turn your self review down. But maybe just a few managers who do that.

- Old softwares, hard to request paid updates, although Mitrais only use original softwares.

- Other reviews here about managers that are not friendly is so true. Unless the very big big bosses are really friendly, thet's weird. I've worked directly with the big big boss and they are friendly and nice. Very nice.

- Senior or experience staffs non management, would not be treated as Senior or would not get appreciation as experience employees, more than that you would not get the praises, but negative outlooks. They will only focus on your weakness or even if it is not your weakness at all, they will notice your mistakes or even if it is not mistakes in other companies but it can be mistakes in Mitrais. But it depend on who is the manager or who is the PM that given you the task. I've read the review like this as well: it is more like school than business, this is true. At least the way they told about your mistakes is like complain to the internet provider, not friendly, not rude, but not friendly and fun.

- You can have job desk outside what's on the job vacancy decription without any clear confirmation before. So don't expect to work with passion here. You work here like as a robot, not as a cool fancy passionate professional like on startups. The more you can do anything on whatever skills, the more you will get raise your level here.

- The definition of Senior here is you have lot of skills and you have to do it all in Mitrais. Not based on how long you did job A or B. No passion needed here. Just do the jobs done.

- Facebook is blocked here and the internet for our own devices such as cellphone is using very very limited wifi. Yes, the wifi has seperaetly between your cellphone and PC for work.

- If you read 'fun and happy' culture on the web, it means outside working actually. Which is not really a culture. We are all happy outside works whereever you work. But some companies are succesfully make the employees happy and fun while they are working. Mtirais is not a company like that. This is not a fun company. This is not startup, remember. This is an IT with +25 years tech company privately held. Not BUMN or PNS, remember that.

Advice to Management

Be more friendly with your subordinate. Listen more. talk more about their strenghts and praises. It won't make them lazy or stubborn or arrogant. We are not childs or students here and you are not teachers as well. Even english teachers here are have better character. Is it because the pressure you all have?

Mar 26, 2018 – HR Manager

Thank you for posting your review.

First, we are sorry to hear that you have had unhappy experiences with your supervision. We are not sure how that happened, but we would like to improve the... More

"Great company"

I worked at Mitrais full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great environment especially for fresh graduates. Working in this company will let you grow along with highly professional colleagues with good company culture.

Cons

You'll need some luck in order to be placed on the 'right' project

Advice to Management

It would be better if you listen to the employee opinion more seriously

8. "Work Life Balance"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Denpasar (Indonesia)
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Denpasar (Indonesia)

I have been working at Mitrais full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great place to work where there are lots of clubs (yoga, zumba, running, etc) which helps you in balancing your life. Not only sitting in the cubicle, but doing more than that to keep your body healthy.

Cons

Will be stuck if you are on a long term project.

9. "Good place for works"

I have been working at Mitrais full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

A lot of new things, a lot of new technologies

Cons

But you'll get bored & stacked if you are joining in maintenance projects for a long time.

10. "Great place for working and self development"

I have been working at Mitrais full-time

Pros

Many opportunities to improve knowledge & skills. Supports Health, Social, & Sporting activities.

Cons

Depending on project, no technology freedom usage, limited space for innovation.