Mitratech Reviews | Glassdoor

3.5
Mitratech CEO Jason Parkman
Jason Parkman

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • This shows with soft stuff like employee happy hours, departmental off-sites, weekly town-halls, etc (in 9 reviews)

• Work/Life balance (yes, you will work hard, but don't mistake that for loss of work/life balance - this company knows there's more to life than work) (in 4 reviews)

Cons
  • company culture: its new hiring process is significantly flawed (in 3 reviews)

• The leadership team lacks product knowledge and sets unrealistic expectations for product management and development (in 3 reviews)

1. "Great place to work and grow!"

Current Employee - Sales in Austin, TX
    Current Employee - Sales in Austin, TX

I have been working at Mitratech full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Mitratech is a great place to work and they truly care about the growth of their employees. As we continue to grow we are encouraged to be an active part of the success of the company.

This is a culture that supports long-term growth and learning. To be successful here feedback is encouraged and upward movement is earned with time and hard work. We also have plenty of celebrations for all the great things that are happening.

Glad to be here during this pivotal time of growth.

Cons

None. I am glad to be here.

Advice to Management

Keep it up! Thank you for listening to and supporting the needs of your employees.

2. "DO NOT WASTE YOUR TIME WITH THIS COMPANY. Software Engineer"

Current Employee - Software Engineer in Austin, TX
    Current Employee - Software Engineer in Austin, TX

I have been working at Mitratech full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

None that I could see based on the phone conversations I had with these shady people.

Cons

* Right off the bat the recruiter said, "the highest salary for this job is 50K and it is final, there is no room for negotiating that". WTF!?
    * Also, I was told there was a catch for the first round of the interview process. That I needed to take an online CCAT assessment while they saw me do it on skype. The test would consist of 50 mathematical and reasoning questions to be answered in 15 minutes! (Which gives a maximum of 18 seconds to read, understand, solve and write down the answer per question). Again, WTF!?
    * I was scheduled for an online Skype interview and just 1 hour before the interview I was sent an email telling me that they had decided to go for another candidate! WTF!? What a waste of time on preparing for the CCAT test and to give them 2 hours or more for the first interview!!!

"Great Place"

I have been working at Mitratech full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Never had a better job, my boss is easy to speak with and relate too. No one talks down to me, no aggressive or hostile interactions.

Cons

Some of the requests from outside my department can be a bit unreasonable. But generally after speaking with them, they can be brought down to a reasonable project.

Advice to Management

Keep promoting from within. One of the things I love about this job is how often myself and those around me have opportunities to move up.

"Really gone downhill in the last year"

I have been working at Mitratech full-time

Pros

If you're in the right team, with people who actually know how to manage, it seems like there are rewarding opportunities.

Cons

If you're on the wrong team, working with people who don't know how to manage, you will be involved in political games among the team. Anytime you do speak up to your manager, or anybody else on your team, you will be chastised. Then, after that happens you may try to give the other team members exactly what they asked for, then you will be chastised for that. On certain teams, you will be expected to read your manager's mind, and if you aren't able to do that, you will be chastised. This is a company with a lot of potential, but the middle management on certain teams in certain departments is pathetic.

Advice to Management

Don't just put somebody in a management position because they have done good work in a certain role. That does not mean they will be a good manager. There needs to be a top down review of the people in management positions and their ability to manage. I don't know how the top leadership makes the decisions on who to put in management positions, but if somebody goes to HR about a bad experience with management, that should be followed up on and investigated.

"Great Company and Team -"

Current Employee - Sales Executive in Austin, TX
    Current Employee - Sales Executive in Austin, TX

I have been working at Mitratech full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great product lines, forward thinking leadership team that cares about what's best for the company and employees as a whole. First company I've worked at that actually lives their core values and co-workers are smart, sharp, and driven professionals.

Cons

Acquisitions cause a bit of culture disruption and it takes awhile for the new normal to form - but it's only gotten better as time goes on.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing.

Mitratech Response

Jun 22, 2017 – Human Resource Director

Thank you for the review. It's true that core values are easy to list but much harder to live by and demonstrate.

"Software Engineer I"

Former Employee - Software Engineer I in Houston, TX
    Former Employee - Software Engineer I in Houston, TX

I worked at Mitratech full-time

Pros

The people at Bridgeway are good people.

Cons

I was the first new hire after the Bridgeway acquisition. It was full time "big" job.

The people at Bridgeway didn't know I was going to work with them until the day before my first day. They were making things up for me to do.

I am a computer scientist and I didn't program anything at all, and hardly ever looked at the code behind the programs.

They had me doing things I'd never done in my life, and that I definitely did NOT go to school for.

They had me working on something nobody else in the office could help me with. I was without a mentor. I was basically left alone to fail.

It was the worst experience and I hated it.

7. "Great company"

Former Employee - Project Manager in San Francisco, CA
    Former Employee - Project Manager in San Francisco, CA

I worked at Mitratech full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Transparent policies, great HR, work from home

Cons

None that I can think of

Mitratech Response

Jun 22, 2017 – Human Resource Director

Thank you for the review!

"Great co-workers, management struggles"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

I worked at Mitratech full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Open PTO, friendly co-workers, monthly happy hours, food trucks nearby and a relaxed environment

Cons

Some management shouldn't be managing, divisions of the company aren't adequately staffed and funding seems to be sporadic, high-stress environment (depending on the position)

Advice to Management

Stop having extravagant parties if you can't afford sufficient staff – it sends a bad message to employees. Adequate software testing is needed to improve quality of the product

9. "pretty good"

I have been working at Mitratech full-time

Pros

Mitratech is a pretty good place to work. The people are nice and the company cares about its employees.

Cons

Pay is lower than market and career paths are not defined

"good for people coming out of college"

I worked at Mitratech full-time (More than a year)

Pros

good for company to hire unexperienced people

Cons

bad for anyone looking for a career... experience not valued....
    management is very short sighted