Mitratech Reviews | Glassdoor

3.5
Mitratech CEO Jason Parkman
Jason Parkman

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • This shows with soft stuff like employee happy hours, departmental off-sites, weekly town-halls, etc (in 9 reviews)

• Work/Life balance (yes, you will work hard, but don't mistake that for loss of work/life balance - this company knows there's more to life than work) (in 4 reviews)

Cons
  • company culture: its new hiring process is significantly flawed (in 3 reviews)

• The leadership team lacks product knowledge and sets unrealistic expectations for product management and development (in 3 reviews)

"Great place to start of further your career"

I have been working at Mitratech full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Very easy to move within the company
    Good PTO offerings and insurance
    Fun atmosphere with great people
    Company is willing to teach you things to further your career

Cons

Sometimes there are people doing too many things so it takes longer to get stuff done
    Compensation could be more competitive

Advice to Management

Find ways to keep your talented employees
    Find ways to increase compensation
    Find ways to treat everyone with respect

"Great people, great culture, great company."

I have been working at Mitratech full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I now see the purpose for the incredibly thorough interview process: this company truly promotes from within and focuses on hiring people who can grow with the company, in whom they can invest.

I've worked at a lot of places that claim to have growth opportunities or a transparent culture, but this company actually walks the walk. They stand by their core values and maintain accountability. It's also an incredibly welcoming, fun environment and team of people.

Leadership is trustworthy and open, and the talent at all levels within the company sets the bar high. They value their employees, and it shows.

Very fun, challenging, and rewarding place to be.

Cons

Like most places, the internal systems and processes can always be better - excited to watch these continue to improve.

Advice to Management

Continue the open communication, trust and transparency - it makes a huge difference. Continue to engage at all levels and keep the innovative and fun culture alive.

Mitratech Response

May 15, 2014 – Human Resource Director

As a current employee, you know how important Continuous Improvement is. Thank you for recognizing all the great things Mitratech has going for it and the work we continue to put into the... More

"Overall a great place to work!"

Current Employee - Account Executive in Austin, TX
    Current Employee - Account Executive in Austin, TX

I have been working at Mitratech full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

- Competitive salary with good benefits
    - Great coworkers
    - Potential for upward mobility within Mitratech and Vista portfolio

Cons

- Lots of internal processes
    - No shares / ownership in company

"Current employee, loving it so far"

I have been working at Mitratech full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I really enjoy all the perks that Mitratech offers. We have snack day every week (plus the snacks that are available in the kitchen on a daily basis), company happy hours, occasional free lunches, fun trips (like indoor sky diving and Main event), etc. I also like that I can talk to my boss about anything and everyone treats me like a valued team member. Another thing I like is the ability to move around within the company and expand on many skills that I can take with me anywhere.

Cons

Some of the upper level managers and directors can be a bit demanding, but that goes with any job. As long as you communicate with them and give updates they aren't too bad to work with.

Advice to Management

Be a little more patient. Sometimes it is a bit much to ask for almost daily updates. Give us time to get things worked out before demanding information.

"Fast-paced and rewarding career experience"

I have been working at Mitratech full-time (More than a year)

Pros

-Opportunities to work on projects you wouldn't get at other companies
    -Career mobility within and across sister companies
    -Focus on continuously improving; few problems persistent over time and "that's just the way it is;" successful employees must also embrace evolving and your own professional development
    -Small company feel with the financial backing and support of a larger company

Cons

-Speed and focus on process isn't for everyone; if you do not appreciate quick pace and efficiency it will not be a strong cultural fit
    -Career proposition isn't understood by all; lots to take advantage of if you know the opportunity for what it's worth; believe this to be true for all levels of the organization

Advice to Management

-Keep doing what you're doing and maintain focus on people and their development; they're your greatest asset

"Great team and culture, building a great company"

I have been working at Mitratech full-time (More than a year)

Pros

No shortage of opportunity to learn, grow and be challenged for people who think creatively about their careers. For a company of its size, Mitratech takes training very seriously and puts a lot of time and effort into onboarding. While it's not all perfect, the company takes culture and communication very seriously. Very transparent in terms of sharing company performance, values, priorities, reasons for decisions, etc. Casual atmosphere and a lot of great people to work with. Minimal politics.

Cons

Change is a constant when "continuous improvement" is a core value. Not a fit for everyone. Still a relatively small company, so advancement may not be as obvious as rungs up a ladder.

Advice to Management

Keep working to be a great company. Challenge yourselves to be true to the values you measure everyone else by.

"Keeps getting better"

Current Employee - Director in Austin, TX
    Current Employee - Director in Austin, TX

I have been working at Mitratech full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I've been with Mitratech in Austin for over 2 years. The first year after the acquisition was rocky and plagued by poor leadership (as come of the other reviews allude to). However, the leadership team in place over the past year has been solid and extremely transparent. The culture and the company as a whole keeps getting better. I love coming into work everyday and I feel like my opinion matters.

Cons

Like all companies, there are some people who don't like their jobs and do nothing to improve their situation. Additionally, if you don't adjust well to change and you don't like processes, Mitratech is not the place for you.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing. Continue the communication.

"Great benefits, training and company culture"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Pros

I've never worked for an organization that has cared more about both the advancement of the company as well as each individual employee. They really try to make your life as easy as they can (as long as you put effort into your job) with excellent benefits, opportunity for advancement and the willingness to be open with both other employees as well as management. The CEO genuinely cares about all employees and always has an open door.

Cons

A lot is expected of you during training and it can be a bit tedious but also really helps give you a strong foundation for what you will be doing in your position.

Advice to Management

The company events that are planned are great team-building exercises, even with people that aren't in your department. It might be beneficial to have one more of those each year and make it more available for remote employees to join as well.

"A Great Place"

I have been working at Mitratech full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

A Great Environment, If you are looking to move up and around and gain experience Mitratech is the place to start your career

Cons

Not to many here, If I had to say anything it would be the interview process. Way to many interviews for most positions.

Advice to Management

Continue to allow your employees to have an affect on the company, And with that said don't be afraid to let go of some process.

"Great company!"

I have been working at Mitratech full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Company really invests in their people, great at promoting from within and helping career growth, it is a smaller company so a single employee has the opportunity to participate and work in various projects across the different teams, open leadership team that follows the 'open door' policy, great benefits and company culture

Cons

Pay for some positions might be lower than other big tech companies, but it's a smaller company and that definitely has perks that Facebook and Google can't offer, so it is all about preference

Advice to Management

Continue to be transparent and continually improve the culture - great job so far!