KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Mobile Apps Company Reviews

Updated Jul 18, 2021

Found 57 of over 70 reviews

2.4
Pros
  • "Mobile Apps Company is not the perfect company, but it is one of the best work experiences I could have asked for(in 10 reviews)

• "I have been working for Mobile Apps Company for three months and could not be more pleased with my situation(in 7 reviews)

• Cons
  • "You will be paid Georgia minimum wage ((in 6 reviews)

• "Get sucked into a 2 year contract, which you will be fined(in 3 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

The latest conversations about Tech

1. 5.0

Working at mobile apps

Jul 18, 2021 - Software Developer
      Business Outlook

Pros

Give you a chance to grow

Cons

market you as a senior

2. 4.0

Great Opportunity but challenging

Apr 30, 2021 - Android Engineer in Atlanta, GA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Brought me from a terrible job to a great one in a couple of months, great support on the job. Most of the people were nice working with. Made great friends in training.

Cons

Not necessarily a downside but the initial 8 weeks is called a “Boot Camp” for a reason. It’s a lot of work and you won’t get it all done, you’ll go on the job feeling unprepared, but if you’re smart you’ll be fine. 2 year contract (I was bought out). Once you realize the pay breakdown (what they are getting and what you are getting) it will feel unfair.

3. 3.0
      Former Employee, less than 1 year

Potential career launcher

Mar 2, 2021 - Android Developer
      Business Outlook

Pros

Quick interview process, flew me over to their HQ for daily training in Android. Additionally housed me and did actually receive a placement and the promised negotiated pay.

Cons

Read the contract so you can make an informed decision. Be prepared to work your tail off as they will cut/release you if you don't perform. Although the position was advertised as "Entry Level" don't be fooled as it is beyond and prior experience in a fast paced environment such as a bootcamp would be an asset and good prep. Training pay is minimal and of course a two year commitment. Once on placement after your first week you are on your own in terms of travel to work and housing situation, plan and budget accordingly. Be sure to research the market and negotiate your rate accordingly.

4. 4.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

Tons of projects and flexibility to learn new technologies

Mar 17, 2021 - Android Consultant in Atlanta, GA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Flexibility to learn new technologies like Android, iOS, Machine Learning, etc. Good if you want a career change after some years of experience in other IT areas. Lots of projects around the country.

Cons

The pay at the beginning is below the average. Some areas of the company are messy.

5. 1.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

For your own sake STAY AWAY!!!!

Feb 10, 2021 - Software Developer in Atlanta, GA
      Business Outlook

Pros

You get to say you work as a software developer. Nobody cares about race over there, that’s the only good thing about them, especially for Georgia.

Cons

Where should I start? 🤔 1. Get used to lying, to everybody, at all time, and at all cost. You don’t like it? To be bad, now pay the $20k and go home or get sued for $40k 2. Get used to having no savings for at least 24 months. The money earn in reality will be mostly spent on “moving” across the country and/or breaking various leasing fees (turns out people don’t lease apartments for just 6 months). 3. You’ll be handed over a resume with your name on it and some prior experience you don’t have. You don’t like it, its your problem. Say no and you get sued. I’m just stopping at 3 but a lot of 1 stars are really accurate. Just read them.

3 people found this review helpful
    6. 1.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

Don't work in this company never

Jun 2, 2021 - Senior Android Developer in Atlanta, GA
      Business Outlook

Pros

It's a job so you can do it if you are desperate but you will pay a big price for that

Cons

- They never will share the money they are getting for you, usually they get at least $110/hr they will give you like $40 - They will sue you for everything - They are liers - They don't care for the developers they just want money

7. 1.0
      Former Employee, less than 1 year

Fraudulent

May 11, 2021 - Developer in Atlanta, GA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Ever wanted to see Atlanta? They fly you down there for training.

Cons

Wants virtually entry level developers with minimal actual training, if at all, to pose as super-experienced tech experts with fabricated resumes to basically bleed money from bigger companies looking for consultants. The whole affair was one gigantic lie and the only thing I learned out of the whole experience was to do more work with background checking on an employer before accepting a job offer.

1 person found this review helpful
    8. 2.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

Great kick start to career from 0 xp

Mar 22, 2021 - Senior IOS Engineer in Seattle, WA
      Business Outlook

Pros

yearly raise, tons of exposure to the software world, great way to learn about the field and make connection all over. Best health insurance i've ever had. makes leaving for the next job actually difficult for me.

Cons

new administration changing all the good things. yearly raise max lowered to less than half, CONTRACT HELL, half to move every 6 - 24+ months (depends on contract extensions), from what i hear new consultants start at a much lower rate now too.

9. 5.0

Great Company for Developers Looking to Learn, Travel, and Grow

Nov 4, 2014 - Applications Developer in Atlanta, GA
      Business Outlook

Pros

I've been working for Mobile Apps for a little over a year now, and I'm really happy with the company so far. First, I got great training for free, during which time I was housed on the company's dime and got paid to cover my other living expenses. After my training, which was surprisingly thorough and actually informative (especially compared to some of the so-called training programs I've been through with other companies), it took a few weeks for me to get placed on a project, but it was worth the wait. I got posted with an awesome project in Atlanta, GA...A big city I'd never traveled to before where I've now built quite a life for myself, so I'm glad things worked out they way they did. The company is really supportive of my efforts on the job, I've got decent benefits, and I've also got LOTS of independence when it comes to how I get my job done. My resume has definitely gotten a big boost during my time with them, and the next project they have lined up for me is going to be a little more challenging, so I'm glad for the experience I've gained on my current one.

Cons

You DO have to interview quite thoroughly for the job AND any project you're working on...I'm kind of not looking forward to the interviews for my next posting, but I realize it's part of the process. Clients have a right to get the best developers for the job, and I guess if Mobile Apps didn't vet us properly the company wouldn't be any good at what they do in the first place.

70 people found this review helpful
    10. 5.0

A Great Place to Work- Great Team Environment

Oct 27, 2014 - Operations in Atlanta, GA
      Business Outlook

Pros

This is a great place to work. Their mobile consultants are provided with amazing career growth opportunities. The people there really are passionate about what they do an the success of the entire team. They work very hard to make sure consultants in the field are supported and valued. A tremendous amount of time and devotion is taken with all their new consultants that come to work for them, and I have seen many careers skyrocketed for many of their consultants.

Cons

It's a shame that people who leave the company on poor terms or due to their own project negligence take plenty of time to write such awful reviews of this company. I guess when you do the wrong thing, it is easy to look around and point the finger at others and write online reviews that are not true. I hope that more people will accept responsibility for their own actions and write accurate reviews. It is always easier to write something bad then to give a compliment.

68 people found this review helpful