Mobile Doctors Reviews | Glassdoor

Mobile Doctors Reviews

Updated June 20, 2017

Full-timePart-time

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Growing company with lots of potential"

Current Employee - Manager in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Manager in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Mobile Doctors full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I have been with the company for a couple years now and have seen the company grow from four offices to eight offices. The company is a mid-size practice now and is going through growing pains as all companies do. Mobile Doctors has given me an opportunity that no other medical practice would give, and that's an opportunity to make decisions that impact an entire practice. After reading some of the reviews I felt it was important to give the other side of things. Due to the growth of the company things we have had to make some changes, but we still operate with a family atmosphere. Sure we have a management staff that is younger but I think that also shows the growth opportunity with the group and it's willingness to give an opportunity to showcase your ability. You have to be willing to put in the hard work but if you do it will be rewarded.

Cons

The growth has come fast and with that some mistakes are going to be made. That's what happens with growth in a business or anything you do. Additionally, we take learning experiences and apply them in a way so everyone can learn. To some people they might not like to have their mistake used as an example, so that can make it difficult to some. You have to be willing to accept criticism good or bad.

"Follow Your Gut - Hold Out for Something Better"

Former Employee - Recruiter in Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - Recruiter in Chicago, IL

I worked at Mobile Doctors full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

- With a Degree, it's easy to get a job here, and the experience looks great on your resume.
    - The services provided to the community are needed, making your job feel somewhat relevant to the greater good.
    - Very generous with titles.

Cons

- Overall culture of fear due to micro-management of the CEO. Everyone from the bottom up throw each other under buses to avoid backlash.
    - Management seem blind to the fact that company culture is what leads to their 90% turnover rate.
    - Office gossip is overwhelming, at every level.
    - Salaried individuals are taken advantage of. There's an enormous disconnect between low wages and the overtime one is expected to put in.
    - Although the services provided to the elderly population are important, many of the physicians have malpractice suits against them.
    - The culture of fear, gossip, and being taken advantage of will ultimately lead you away from this company. Managers that tolerate the treatment they receive by the CEO are generally the types of people that like to pay that type of treatment forward. Also, many managers don't hold the people skills or education that their staff does. Talented, professional people generally use their roles here as a stepping stone into another company.
    - Everything that is beyond your control will be your fault.

Advice to Management

The market has changed. The unemployment rate is falling. There is no way you can retain talented staff unless management behavior and the low salary structure change.

"Dishonest and unprofessional"

Current Employee - Office in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Office in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Mobile Doctors full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Almost impossible to get fired unless you stealing money from the owner. Incompetent? Rude? Apply here! The pay is OK. There are a lot of companies out there offering worse.

Cons

Unprofessional. People being condescending to patients on the phone. Yelling at each other. Petty gossip. Doctors with drug and alcohol problems and malpractice suits. Management plays favorites usually towards the newest people so you might think you have a good job for the first bit before they turn on you. Management deliberately pits employees against each other, promising the same promotion to more than one person to see how much extra work they will do while in suck-up mode, and then hiring from outside anyways. Constant promises that it's not always like this and it will be better as soon as whatever happens. If you don't work overtime they accuse you of not valuing your time as much as some people but if you work too much overtime they accuse of you stretching your hours. You'll see things happen that are just plain wrong (like violating labor laws and stuff) and they'll tell you that this how everybody does business so just deal with it.

"Very Misleading... Stay Far Away"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Detroit, MI
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Detroit, MI

I have been working at Mobile Doctors full-time

Pros

- Rapid expansion of branches (new offices)
    - Jobs are easily acquired by college grads
    - Full time employees are eligible for benefits after 90 days
    - Interviews are simple

Cons

- Job descriptions promise advancement and management training, but that hook line is used to attract recent college grads. Advancement may come sooner than with other companies, but is due to the fact that the turnover rate of the company is about 90%.
    - Management is very young and inexperienced; only out for personal gain.
    - The office environment is very negative.
    - Gossip within the work place is in over-abundance.
    - The company is not as invested in the quality of care that they claim to provide to seniors. Many of the doctors have malpractice or harassment actions against them (which can be easily be found because it is public record).
    - CEO uses scare tactics
    - Very unprofessional. After an employee is fired, a "30 second dance party" is announced over the PA system.
    - Anything that you share with management (example: reason for being out sick, personal problems) are not kept private. That information is openly shared with all employees.
    - Employees are severely overworked and underpaid. If you log too much overtime (which often happens), the company puts you on salary. Since going salary, I have increased my weekly hours by 10 hrs per week. They definitely take advantage of your time.
    - The company promotes alcohol consumption. If you do not drink, you will feel extremely isolated at company events. We had an employee who did not consume alcohol because of a religious background and management was not accepting of them. In fact, they made that employee the butt of their jokes.
    - The company has a high turnover rate and because of this, employees are often responsible for the work of 2+ positions.
    - 100 day reviews are not completed on time by management.
    - HR has now moved in-house which benefits the company because they are able to get away with/sweep more issues under the rug.
    - Cold calls are made to seniors who have illnesses that affect their memory. Appointments are pushed on them even if they are reluctant. Sometimes the company will do drive-bys to the seniors homes if they were unable to confirm an appointment over the phone.
    - The company is concerned more about the number of patients seen (Medicare reimburses based the # of visits) and not the quality of care these patients are receiving.

Advice to Management

Realize that a high turnover rate indicates a problem from within. Take a serious look at how your branches are managed... and hire more experienced employees starting from the top down.

"Unprofessional and Unorganized"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

I worked at Mobile Doctors full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

this company is growing very fast

Cons

Growing too fast, unorganized and magement is too young

6. "Office Assistant"

Pros

Fun, interesting, good atmosphere, team players

Cons

Business is no longer open

7. "Greedy. Exploit and take advantage of their employees. Not run very business like."

Pros

There are no pros. Crooks!

Cons

Personal likes and dislikes play a part in who gets a full schedule.

Advice to Management

Stop robbibg Medicare through upcoding.

8. "Miss my home away from home"

Pros

A great company. Plenty of benefits, and room to grow within the company. Meeting different people from psychotic to pleasant individuals.

Cons

Management. They had no idea what they were doing. Micromanaging employees and not knowing what they are talking about or ever had knowledge about. If Medicare wanted us to shut us down they should of have done that on their own. No need for whistle blowers. They didn't hurt the CEO of the company they only hurt the employees of the company. The CEO is free of charge, still with multiple businesses and the only people that are suffering are the employees. That's why we should have done a psychological test before any of these idiots became managers.

Advice to Management

Karma

9. "Closed now so it doesn't matter"

Former Employee - Management
    Former Employee - Management

I worked at Mobile Doctors full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Growing company, loved the patients. Worked in a nice office. Was able to get off work before 5pm which was nice.

Cons

Greedy CEO, snotty management, terrible culture. Management was like a cult. You had to walk on egg shells and be fake in order to not be fired.

Advice to Management

Nothing, they closed.

10. "If you worked hard, made good decisions and ignored the rumor mill it was a positive place to work."

Former Employee - Branch Manager
    Former Employee - Branch Manager

I worked at Mobile Doctors full-time

Pros

Even with Mobile Doctors closing I was able to take my experiences and skills I learned to another company.

Cons

I was going to write "Closed down" but it opened another door for me.

Advice to Management

Thank you for giving me my own branch to run. I don't believe "because it's on the internet it has to be true". Let's see how things shake out.