Mobile Mini Solutions Reviews | Glassdoor

Mobile Mini Solutions President and CEO Erik Olsson
Erik Olsson

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Cons

"I was not happy working as an Inside Sales Rep" !"

Former Employee - Inside Sales Representative in Sacramento, CA
    Former Employee - Inside Sales Representative in Sacramento, CA

I worked at Mobile Mini Solutions full-time (More than a year)

Pros

It was my pleasure to work with a great group of people at the yard and in the office where I worked. They were a very talented, intelligent group of people.

Cons

It was evident to me that they had zero understanding of how to run a successful Sales team. They took a relatively easy sale and complicated it to no end. We went from inputting maybe 8 pieces of information to over 50, taking time away from making important calls and generating more business. They cut our commission and turned a happy, productive group of people into a sad and angry group who lost interest in the company. I was asked to cut out certain management names so this is letter is much less informative as it could have been.

Advice to Management

Bring McKesson in to streamline and cut layers of unproductive and useless management that you DO NOT need.

Jul 14, 2017 – Director of Sales Engagement

Thank you for the feedback. Always good to see the positive things going on with the people at our branches. When is comes to our forward thinking sales strategy, we did adjust our direction about... More

"Attention Sales Professionals: Stay Away"

Current Employee - Sales in Phoenix, AZ
    Current Employee - Sales in Phoenix, AZ

I have been working at Mobile Mini Solutions full-time (More than a year)

Pros

If you enjoy micromanagement, over management, being treated like a child, being made to feel you are not a valued employee, then this is the perfect job for you.

Cons

The company is constantly looking at ways to manage through new metrics, by people who have no clue as to what a day in the life of a sales person entails.

Advice to Management

Where do I begin?

First of all, if you feel the need to micromanage your sales team and treat them like incompetent children, then maybe you are hiring the wrong type of people. Sales professionals work in sales because they enjoy the thrill of endless financial rewards for their hard work. They do not need to be constantly told they are not working hard enough. Sales professionals are in the position to make as much money as possible and are not in their position for their hourly wage.

Secondly, to compare all sales people under the current compensation plan with the reps that have legacy accounts (SPOC accounts if I use the Mobile Mini lingo) is ridiculous. You are held accountable as a sales rep to the same quota as those reps who merely take orders from established accounts that place orders on a regular basis. It's like telling the reps without the SPOC accounts to pick up the phone book and start hunting, while the others sit back and take orders. That to me is by no means a sales person. It is basically someone working a drive through window, while others fight to make a commission.

My suggestion is to level the playing field here or remove those privileged reps from your sales reports. To me, it's like putting an asterisk next to the guys who led the majors in home runs that were on steroids.

This is a problem that has deeply damaged the morale on the sales floor and reason for a constant revolving door.

My suggestion is, cut out the micromanagement. Get rid of those you see are just taking advantage of the system, maybe just hire experienced sales professionals and not people who need micromanagement to be motivated. Look for people that have student loans (college educated), a mortgage and kids to support. I guarantee you those types of employees do not need hourly reminders to make calls, pick up the pace, etc. These type of sales professionals are just that, a hard worker trying to make a decent salary and are not in that seat just for the hourly wage.

Sadly, I don't see these changes ever taking place. If anyone reading this has ever seen the movie Office Space you may be familiar with the line,
    'Everyday feels like the worst day of my life.'

That is my take on Mobile Mini. I hope this has been helpful.

Mar 7, 2017 – Director of Sales Engagement

Thank you for your feedback and my apologies for your experience. You are correct that sales professionals do not need to be micromanaged and if that is what your experience has been, please don't... More

"Inside Sales"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

I have been working at Mobile Mini Solutions full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

They feed you well during training and provide monthly team member meals. There are some good people that work there. Truly want to do the right thing by the customer but not always given the tools and support to do so.

Cons

CEO means well but not in touch with company nor sales deprtment. Has people in positions to say "yes" to him but no one who actually able to lead this company into greatness. Middle management (ISR's) are not capable of using the operating systems to better assist the Inside Sales Reps. The Inside Sales Managers are more interested in acting cool to each other and the attractive ladies in the office than doing their jobs. The company hires "yes men" in roles of power.
    I have worked for companies where nepotism was an issue. Those companies are 100 times better than Mobile Mini Inc. As mobile mini pay and takes care of "it's favorites". And from top to bottom. Branch to NSC their is an issue with favoritism. I am amazed that some of the people in charge have jobs. But then only at this company could some of these managers (ISM's) ever be considered for management in the first place. This is the worse company I have ever worked for. And the worse management in place I have ever seen in a corporation or worse publicly traded company. They care more about buying new foreign cars than doing right by their employees. And i work here. Sad. Complaints fall on death ears. Push hard working employees out constantly. Why their turnover is so high.
    Technology; i.e. phone systems, contract creation system and more go down constantly. For this to be a publicly traded company and not have up to date software and telecommunications is a joke.
     Inside sales job that they want you to do outside sales work on your off time. If you want to be successful during paid hours. No work life balance at mobile mini.

Advice to Management

Get rid of management in place. Focus on what drives the business and not these metrics that have nothing to do with hitting goal. Making playing field fair. And not just by how you look or who you know or sleeping with. Favoritism and cool kid club is a serious problem at mobile mini.

Jan 6, 2017 – Director of Sales Engagement

We apologize for your experience up to this point but do you value you as an employee and appreciate the work that you do. We are committed to your success and always value feedback. We recently... More

"Where to start?"

Former Employee - Sales in Phoenix, AZ
    Former Employee - Sales in Phoenix, AZ

I worked at Mobile Mini Solutions full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

It's a job to go to every day. Nice people work there. The bad debt manager is really nice and knows his stuff.

Cons

There no training and development department and the management is out of touch with everything. They have their favorites, sad.

Advice to Management

Get rid of upper level management for sales , get rid of sales leads that cause most of the drama on the floor. Care more for the employees. Get a training and development department so reps can grow with the company. Managers need to stop worrying about who they are going to hook up with and the the sales leads needs to be held accountable and lead by example instead of taking the lowest number of calls and then when they are told to get on the phones they run and tell. The supervisors are great but cannot do their job because managers are allowing them to be disrespected. The place is full of dramatics that don't make for good business.
    Again let go of Managers open your eyes and see what's going on. Maybe even pull up everyone's instant messages and start and investigation so you can get better people in there to build the brand of MMI. Those IM's will tell a lot.

Feb 6, 2017 – Director of Sales Engagement

Thank you for feedback and your tenure here with us. I apologize for your experience. We are always striving to improve and expand our managers skillsets through ongoing leadership trainings and... More

"Wow"

Current Employee - Inside Sales Representative in Phoenix, AZ
    Current Employee - Inside Sales Representative in Phoenix, AZ

I have been working at Mobile Mini Solutions full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Good hours. Holiday Pay. Some good people.

Cons

Poor commission structure(don't get paid for orders you get). No management(managers are more worried who they will hook up with next rather the work at hand) Extreme lack of structure managers are rarely around. The favoritism shown towards certain individuals with little or no experience nor proven themselves is amazing and sad to see in this large of a company. Systems used do not work properly and go down every week.

Advice to Management

Get Rid of upper management(ISM's and Directors of Sales) Sales positions and the new Trainer. They are dragging the company down and are making great reps leave.

Jan 6, 2017 – Director of Sales Engagement

We are dedicated to making sure that you have the tools to be successful in your career here at Mobile Mini. Currently, we are putting the finishing touches on a commission tool that will enhance... More

"From Great to Terrible"

Former Employee - Customer Service in Phoenix, AZ
    Former Employee - Customer Service in Phoenix, AZ

I worked at Mobile Mini Solutions full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

When i started this list would've been quite lengthy. Now there is pretty much nothing to put except for the fact we got our paychecks on time and were offered mediocre befits.

Cons

Where to begin. When I started almost 3 years ago I loved working for this company but by the time I left I hated it. The new management team they brought in towards the end of last year is so out of touch. They've implemented systems that crash regularly, changed up the pay scale for the worst, tried turning customer service reps into sales reps (horrible idea, sales takes a certain mentality), took away our monthly lunches and Christmas party and the list could go on and on. They make it difficult to switch departments, only offered me the position i wanted after I put in my 2 weeks. The stock of the company has dropped dramatically, only because of the stock markets recent record surge is the stock looking respectable right now. Moral is at an all time low on the call floor, you have agents that could careless about their job or the company(this number seems to grow with every new thing they implement), and you have had people leave in masses.

Advice to Management

Clean house with everyone you brought in as management last year. They are the problem. Stop treating your employees like they don't matter. Management on the 4th floor has completely let this company go into the drain.

Jan 6, 2017 – Director of Sales Engagement

We apologize for you recent experience but thank you for your commitment for the past three years. We are continually looking for ways to enhance our employee engagement and drive a positive culture... More

"The opportunities do not match what was said in the interviews"

Former Employee - Inside Sales Representative in Houston, TX
    Former Employee - Inside Sales Representative in Houston, TX

I worked at Mobile Mini Solutions full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Good work schedule, flexible when you need it. Not much else has been positive in this location. Good computer systems

Cons

Many things. You will not make the money that they promise. Lots of micro management - just the opposite of what was stated in the interviews. Lots of favoritism and nepotism in this location. Insurance is expensive with very high deductibles.

Advice to Management

Allow everyone to make money, not a few select people.

Oct 19, 2016 – Director of Marketing Communications

I want to thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback. I am really sorry that your experience at Mobile Mini did not match our intention of being the best place you have ever worked. We... More

"Collector"

Former Employee - Collections Specialist in Phoenix, AZ
    Former Employee - Collections Specialist in Phoenix, AZ

Pros

There are no pros to this company. I wish there were.

Cons

You don't want to work here. I have brag book and letter of recommendation and if I say you don't want to work here I mean it. This corporate office is a mess, unprofessional, horrible management,lack of training on new system, has a dialer now operates as a call center, has unrealistic expectations. People are quitting left and right. I gave a proper notice and was let go early for no reason after receiving and email accepting my resignation and confirming my last day. I gave them no stars.

Advice to Management

You need new management, who actually cares and not single people out who compares tgem to others rather than properly coach, and who will treat their team with respect and not have managers never at their, micromanage,play on their cell phones and socialize rather than properly manage. If you upgrade a system you should provide more than 4 hours of training and expect us to confidently do our jobs and have realistic expectations, hire salesman that don't create all the customer issues collectors and I'm sure billing come across.

"Inside Sales"

Former Employee - Sales in Earling, IA
    Former Employee - Sales in Earling, IA

I worked at Mobile Mini Solutions full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Good Benefits, Decent Pay, Good Team Environment at the branch level, opportunity for advancement was available.

Cons

Way too much micro managing, at the satellite offices there was a lot of time and effort put in to make everything happen with little support from management. I was responsible for handling every aspect of the day to day operations at the satellite office but was ridiculed and reprimanded when things didn't go exactly right. I was performing the job of 3 people but never given any recognition and then when new ownership came in- I was given the boot! All of my extra time in the office caused problems in my personal life, but I was a very devoted employee and wanted to achieve success for the company and in the industry.

Advice to Management

Stop being so controlling, listen to your employees and realize that the numbers aren't always reflective of the true situation. The employees are the face of the company, not the dollars and cents on the bottom line. You are a true disappointment in how you treat the people that should matter most to the success of Mobike Mini. Steve Bumger deserves better from all of you!

"Income potential over-inflated!"

Former Employee - Inside Sales Representative in Phoenix, AZ
    Former Employee - Inside Sales Representative in Phoenix, AZ

I worked at Mobile Mini Solutions full-time

Pros

Good health insurance. Nice to have your own office if you are at a branch.

Cons

One of the worst cases of corporate America i have ever seen. For God's sakes we rent storage cans, not build rockets to the moon or do engineering work. Way too much overkill on salesforce. Average rep spends 30% of time inputting things in SF and not selling. No respect for long time employees or experienced new sales people. Land based model is an absolute joke. Lose the single point of contact and you might as well lose the customer. Delivery and gas surcharges are say too much compared to competitors. Never have any offices in stock. Constant complaints from the customers. You have no control over your commission, it either comes into your zip code or not. Management blames you if not. Typical. Overall a very poorly run company that does not value employees. Oh and the culture and values they post on the web site, must have copied that from some other competitor.

Advice to Management

Get a life.