Mobile Mini Solutions Reviews | Glassdoor

Sort: PopularRatingDate

"Inside Sales"

Former Employee - Inside Sales Representative in Phoenix, AZ
    Former Employee - Inside Sales Representative in Phoenix, AZ

I worked at Mobile Mini Solutions (Less than a year)

Pros

The atmosphere of family and teamwork is great. I recommend this job to all of my friends looking for work.

Cons

Some disconnect between upper management and sales team. The company is clearly driven by profit per share mentality, and that can be frustrating as an employee

Advice to Management

Trust that your team members are doing their best, and are capable of doing simple tasks without being hovered over.

Jan 6, 2017 – Director of Sales Engagement

Thank you for the positive remarks around recommending us to your friends. We are focused on making our culture one that makes our employees proud to come to work. In regards to your comment around... More

"Commercial Collector"

Current Employee - Customer Care Representative/Collections in Phoenix, AZ
    Current Employee - Customer Care Representative/Collections in Phoenix, AZ

I have been working at Mobile Mini Solutions full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Company offers pretty good benefits, great work hours. Good parking.
    The staff is nice out going and professional.
    The company spends a lot on money on new system software and up dated phone systems.

Cons

Company focuses on Metrics far more than necessary.
    They say the customer is valued, but this does not show in the over all work practices.
    This is one of the main reasons for my departure.

Advice to Management

Time is important, but so are people. As a company selling and or renting a product to the consumer it is crucial to keep a good name for yourself and not become so big that you for get is the customer after all that got you there.

Jan 26, 2017 – Director of Sales Engagement

Thank you for your feedback and your commitment to our company. You are absolutely correct that people are important which happens to be one of our companies core values. Our employees and are... More

"Rough Time"

Current Employee - Inside Sales Representative in Phoenix, AZ

I have been working at Mobile Mini Solutions full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Upper Management is great and seem to want to repair some of the problems we're going through.

Cons

Selling into territories (projects in zip codes) is difficult when you are not able to visit those sites. Poor base salary and commission structure is deplorable. You used to make money here but 45% of senior ISR's have left because they are losing money by staying. Nothing special about the benefits and no perks to the employees.

Advice to Management

Hurry up and implement changes. Winter is here, deliveries are becoming a struggle. Commissions will continue to go down. A talented Sales Reps will know they can easily make the same elsewhere and do better. Your job is to keep us here and that would be financially shackling us to MMI. Let the Managers do their job and weed out the weak ones.

Jan 6, 2017 – Director of Sales Engagement

We did recently update the direction of our sales model in 2016 to enhance our customer experience, increase sales efforts and continue to extend the Mobile Mini footprint across the U.S. We are... More

"Inside Sales"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

I have been working at Mobile Mini Solutions full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

They feed you well during training and provide monthly team member meals. There are some good people that work there. Truly want to do the right thing by the customer but not always given the tools and support to do so.

Cons

CEO means well but not in touch with company nor sales deprtment. Has people in positions to say "yes" to him but no one who actually able to lead this company into greatness. Middle management (ISR's) are not capable of using the operating systems to better assist the Inside Sales Reps. The Inside Sales Managers are more interested in acting cool to each other and the attractive ladies in the office than doing their jobs. The company hires "yes men" in roles of power.
    I have worked for companies where nepotism was an issue. Those companies are 100 times better than Mobile Mini Inc. As mobile mini pay and takes care of "it's favorites". And from top to bottom. Branch to NSC their is an issue with favoritism. I am amazed that some of the people in charge have jobs. But then only at this company could some of these managers (ISM's) ever be considered for management in the first place. This is the worse company I have ever worked for. And the worse management in place I have ever seen in a corporation or worse publicly traded company. They care more about buying new foreign cars than doing right by their employees. And i work here. Sad. Complaints fall on death ears. Push hard working employees out constantly. Why their turnover is so high.
    Technology; i.e. phone systems, contract creation system and more go down constantly. For this to be a publicly traded company and not have up to date software and telecommunications is a joke.
     Inside sales job that they want you to do outside sales work on your off time. If you want to be successful during paid hours. No work life balance at mobile mini.

Advice to Management

Get rid of management in place. Focus on what drives the business and not these metrics that have nothing to do with hitting goal. Making playing field fair. And not just by how you look or who you know or sleeping with. Favoritism and cool kid club is a serious problem at mobile mini.

Jan 6, 2017 – Director of Sales Engagement

We apologize for your experience up to this point but do you value you as an employee and appreciate the work that you do. We are committed to your success and always value feedback. We recently... More

"Where to start?"

Former Employee - Sales in Phoenix, AZ
    Former Employee - Sales in Phoenix, AZ

I worked at Mobile Mini Solutions full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

It's a job to go to every day. Nice people work there. The bad debt manager is really nice and knows his stuff.

Cons

There no training and development department and the management is out of touch with everything. They have their favorites, sad.

Advice to Management

Get rid of upper level management for sales , get rid of sales leads that cause most of the drama on the floor. Care more for the employees. Get a training and development department so reps can grow with the company. Managers need to stop worrying about who they are going to hook up with and the the sales leads needs to be held accountable and lead by example instead of taking the lowest number of calls and then when they are told to get on the phones they run and tell. The supervisors are great but cannot do their job because managers are allowing them to be disrespected. The place is full of dramatics that don't make for good business.
    Again let go of Managers open your eyes and see what's going on. Maybe even pull up everyone's instant messages and start and investigation so you can get better people in there to build the brand of MMI. Those IM's will tell a lot.

Feb 6, 2017 – Director of Sales Engagement

Thank you for feedback and your tenure here with us. I apologize for your experience. We are always striving to improve and expand our managers skillsets through ongoing leadership trainings and... More

"Wow"

Current Employee - Inside Sales Representative in Phoenix, AZ

I have been working at Mobile Mini Solutions full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Good hours. Holiday Pay. Some good people.

Cons

Poor commission structure(don't get paid for orders you get). No management(managers are more worried who they will hook up with next rather the work at hand) Extreme lack of structure managers are rarely around. The favoritism shown towards certain individuals with little or no experience nor proven themselves is amazing and sad to see in this large of a company. Systems used do not work properly and go down every week.

Advice to Management

Get Rid of upper management(ISM's and Directors of Sales) Sales positions and the new Trainer. They are dragging the company down and are making great reps leave.

Jan 6, 2017 – Director of Sales Engagement

We are dedicated to making sure that you have the tools to be successful in your career here at Mobile Mini. Currently, we are putting the finishing touches on a commission tool that will enhance... More

"From Great to Terrible"

Former Employee - Customer Service in Phoenix, AZ
    Former Employee - Customer Service in Phoenix, AZ

I worked at Mobile Mini Solutions full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

When i started this list would've been quite lengthy. Now there is pretty much nothing to put except for the fact we got our paychecks on time and were offered mediocre befits.

Cons

Where to begin. When I started almost 3 years ago I loved working for this company but by the time I left I hated it. The new management team they brought in towards the end of last year is so out of touch. They've implemented systems that crash regularly, changed up the pay scale for the worst, tried turning customer service reps into sales reps (horrible idea, sales takes a certain mentality), took away our monthly lunches and Christmas party and the list could go on and on. They make it difficult to switch departments, only offered me the position i wanted after I put in my 2 weeks. The stock of the company has dropped dramatically, only because of the stock markets recent record surge is the stock looking respectable right now. Moral is at an all time low on the call floor, you have agents that could careless about their job or the company(this number seems to grow with every new thing they implement), and you have had people leave in masses.

Advice to Management

Clean house with everyone you brought in as management last year. They are the problem. Stop treating your employees like they don't matter. Management on the 4th floor has completely let this company go into the drain.

Jan 6, 2017 – Director of Sales Engagement

We apologize for you recent experience but thank you for your commitment for the past three years. We are continually looking for ways to enhance our employee engagement and drive a positive culture... More

"Used to be better"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

I worked at Mobile Mini Solutions (More than a year)

Pros

decent pay and commission opportunity

Cons

management slowly became more detached over the years, too much micro-managment

Advice to Management

Focus more on keeping your people happy and they will be motivated to make money instead of being motivated to leave. Things got worse after we moved from Tempe to Phoenix...you're slowly chipping away all of the little things that once made it fun to work there.

Jan 6, 2017 – Director of Sales Engagement

Thank you for your feedback. We do take our employee engagement very seriously and apologize for your recent experience. Our leadership team is committed to empowering our people with the tools and... More

"The opportunities do not match what was said in the interviews"

Former Employee - Inside Sales Representative in Houston, TX
    Former Employee - Inside Sales Representative in Houston, TX

I worked at Mobile Mini Solutions full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Good work schedule, flexible when you need it. Not much else has been positive in this location. Good computer systems

Cons

Many things. You will not make the money that they promise. Lots of micro management - just the opposite of what was stated in the interviews. Lots of favoritism and nepotism in this location. Insurance is expensive with very high deductibles.

Advice to Management

Allow everyone to make money, not a few select people.

Oct 19, 2016 – Director of Marketing Communications

I want to thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback. I am really sorry that your experience at Mobile Mini did not match our intention of being the best place you have ever worked. We... More

"service center manager"

Former Employee - Manager in Phoenix, AZ
    Former Employee - Manager in Phoenix, AZ

I worked at Mobile Mini Solutions full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Departmental ownership
    Fast TAT of projects expected
    Strong Accounting leadership
    Opportunities to enhance department
    flex schedules
    Realistic expectations of managers

Cons

Work-life balance occasionally difficult
    Communications can be improved between management levels

Advice to Management

Create more opportunities for middle managers to grow

Jan 6, 2017 – Director of Sales Engagement

Thank you for your feedback. We currently have a career path in place that gives our employees the opportunity to grow within their current roles or take advantage of additional internal... More