MobileNow Reviews | Glassdoor

2.0
MobileNow CEO John Oglesby
John Oglesby
  1. "Sales Associate"

I have been working at MobileNow full-time

Pros

Fun employee events Decent commission Sales competitions

Cons

Long hours Expected to want to work 6 days a week

Advice to Management

Listen to your employees

MobileNow2016-07-20
  2. "Search elsewhere!"

Former Employee - Sales Representative

I worked at MobileNow full-time for more than a year

Pros

Co workers.. And that's about it. If you work with decent people on a daily basis. This just is almost tolerable.

Cons

Upper chain of command is a joke. They want you for one thing only.. To increase their personal income. If you're not improving the income of the people above you.. Then you're just a number to them. This company is a pyramid scheme with a professional cloak over it. If you do hit commission goal, they'll do everything their power to not pay you. PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE save yourself the time and stress and find a job... somewhere else.

Advice to Management

Your employees shouldn't be treated as something that provides you income. Instead of always trying to develop your wallet. Try developing your people and stop trying to rip the people off who are paying your bills through thier hard work. If I were upper management I'd seriously be ashamed of myself.

MobileNow2016-04-30
  3. "Don't waste your time with this company!!!"

Current Employee - Sales Representative in Akron, OH

I have been working at MobileNow full-time for more than a year

Pros

I have nothing good to say about this company. The only benefit you get here is having something to put on a resume if you're willing to sell your soul to stay here more than 3 months.

Cons

I know everyone is saying this about MobileNow, but seriously, SAVE YOURSELF FROM THIS JOB. You will be paid substantially less money than someone who does the same job with less hassle at another company. They flaunt their commission scale as this incredible system that will make you rich, but more than likely, you won't hit their absurdly high minimum goal and you'll get NOTHING. That's right, nothing. You could... sell 100 phones in a month, but you don't manage to sell a few of their horribly low quality tablets, you will receive no commission money AT ALL. Upper management encourages lying and scheming your customers out of their money to hit the rediculously high goals. They also promote delinquets and theives constantly, while passing over good, hard working employees, and all this is just the tip of the iceburg. All in all, I wouldn't even reccomend mobilenow as a stepping stone to something better. Stay away.

Advice to Management

Don't treat your employees like cannon fodder. Update your equipment so it actually works. Promote people who work hard, not those who steal and scheme. At least try to match the pay of other wireless retailers.

MobileNow2016-03-09
  4. "Worst company of all time"

Former Employee - Juice Man in Cleveland, OH

I worked at MobileNow full-time for more than a year

Pros

... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... Absolutely nothing. Other than the fact that most bums that work here legit have no future in any profession that matters.

Cons

Store managers are not real managers. This company does not train you and promotes delinquents. The staff looks like bums, the pay scale is garbage, district "managers" encourage their staff to lie to customers to get sales, the culture here is horrible. No accountability, just a bunch of people who blame each other for why they don't succeed 😉

Advice to Management

Go on unemployment and collect benefits. You don't deserve to have a job.

MobileNow2016-02-24
  5. "Joke of a company... and I was in Human Resources"

Human Resources in Washington, DC

I worked at MobileNow

Pros

They are the joke of wireless, cannot list a positive.

Cons

This company was awful in every aspect. I worked in Human Resources where I was responsible to complete benefits and help recruit. They are constantly trying to scam individuals into this role and I would always be dealing with incorrect paychecks, buy backs, high turnover and unethical behavior. They are one of the cheapest organizations I have ever met and are constantly trying to nickel and dime EVERYTHING. They... truly could care less about their employees and I mean that. They know you will leave and they don't care. They want their sales people to make a couple sales to their family and friends and then give a probation period to get you out before having to pay a commission. PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE stay away, there are many more ethical companies out there who you will be much better off with in your career.

Advice to Management

Stop being so cheap and start caring about your employees.

MobileNow2015-12-22
  6. "good if you work with adults"

Current Employee - Store Manager

I have been working at MobileNow full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

If you work with professional people then it is a fine stepping stone to another company.

Cons

The company does not pay well compared to other companies with the same position and same responsibilities. Chain of command is not followed.

MobileNow2015-11-02

"Corporate"

I worked at MobileNow full-time

Pros

I can't think of any.

Cons

Pay was horrible. You are pretty much overworked for little pay. They do not pay vacation time. Goodbye social life.

MobileNow2015-10-22
  8. "Eh"

Current Employee - Store Manager in Akron, OH

I have been working at MobileNow full-time for less than a year

Pros

None. They don't pay enough for the amount of work that needs done. Need to pay more and it would be easier to work here.

Cons

Not enough money. Very tedious. Bad location. POS system is awful. Needs to be more organized. Just doesn't pay enough.

Advice to Management

Pay more

MobileNow2015-08-05
  9. "WORST CAREER CHOICE EVER MADE!!!"

Store Manager in Collierville, TN

I worked at MobileNow for less than a year

Pros

There were no pros to this position.

Cons

No work, life balance. Box goals were set too high to attain. Was recruited from the DM at the time who was a previous Co worker. He quit shortly after I was hired in. No support, great area, but the service was terrible. CONSTANT upset customers.

Advice to Management

Give your employees something to believe in and foster and healthy work environment and see what type of production you get out of your people

MobileNow2015-08-04
  10. "Great job"

I have been working at MobileNow

Pros

They arent stingy with overtime. Great benefits

Cons

Scheduling can be quite frustrating.

Advice to Management

Keep doing great!

MobileNow2015-07-10