KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

MobilityWare

Engaged Employer

MobilityWare

Add a Review

MobilityWare Employee Reviews about "laid back"

Updated Jan 29, 2020

Found 3 of over 85 reviews

4.3
MobilityWare Founder Dave Yonamine
Dave Yonamine
Pros
  • "Work/Life balance is extremely important to the executive team -- there is hardly ever 'crunch'(in 17 reviews)

• "Good culture, good work environment, pay is good for a gaming company, lots of perks(in 6 reviews)

• Cons
  • "Growing pains of a small company growing exponential(in 8 reviews)

• "Things aren't always on time, but that's what happens when the work culture is casual and laid-back(in 3 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Choose a different language and keep reading other reviews.

Reviews about "laid back"

Return to all Reviews
    1. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

Great work/life balance

Jan 29, 2020 - Producer in Irvine, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

• Great culture, pretty chill work environment (sometimes too chill). • Compensation is fantastic, very competitive compared to my last jobs within the industry. • Amazing perks, ranging from snacks, free food Fridays, and even a yearly company trip which includes your +1! • Work/Life balance is extremely important to the executive team -- there is hardly ever 'crunch'. • Lots of fun products to work on. • The company is always looking ways to improve their current product line up and actively introducing new genres under their development belt.

Cons

• No clear career growth path for Producers as managers have changed 3 times since I've joined. • Laid back environment can sometimes foster bad habits or work ethics for current & new employees.

3 people found this review helpful
    2. 3.0
      Former Employee

Passable way to grow

Oct 24, 2019 -
      Business Outlook

Pros

Overall laid back atmosphere and great work life balance Solid benefits Great snacks in the kitchen Steady and strong core products that are reliable, consistent revenue generators Some teams are really great There are lots of gaps to fill in the organization, which can be bad and good. If you really want to grow your title or skills, this can be a good place to do so

Cons

Products are not exiting, and you could feel that the teams were not enthused by the products they were working on Though there are many talented and intelligent people here, one got the sense that many people here just couldn't hack it elsewhere. Maybe it's the laid-back attitude, but it felt like the majority of people weren't up to the level of competency or professionalism you'd expect from a modern company, and didn't care to grow in their positions. They didn't track what was happening in the industry, and the company felt like it was still living in 2008, when the first solitaire launched. The industry has left them in the dust There are some flat out weird people. Lots of man-children here (some good ones too, of course)

5 people found this review helpful
    3. 5.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

The best place I've ever worked at

Sep 18, 2014 - Business Analyst in Irvine, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Where do I begin? First of all, the work environment is casual and none of the upper management acts like they are the boss of anybody. To top that off, the benefits are AWESOME, my compensation is reasonable, the kitchen is always stocked with goodies, and we have a game room!! The best part of working here would probably be my co-workers because everyone is very down-to-earth and welcoming. I was having a difficult time deciding which job offer to take after college, but boy am I glad I chose MobilityWare. When I first started, I didn't have too much to do, but once the company started hiring more management to control the work flow for each department, I am very content with the amount of responsibility I have. What's even better is that I can choose which projects to tackle, and I'm always learning something new every day.

Cons

Things aren't always on time, but that's what happens when the work culture is casual and laid-back. It's weird to get used to after my previous jobs, which relied heavily on deadlines.

2 people found this review helpful