Model N Reviews | Glassdoor

Model N Reviews

Updated December 14, 2017

US - All CitiesFull-timePart-time

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Collaborative culture with good work/life balance and core values (in 25 reviews)

• Give good flexibility for work from home (in 15 reviews)

Cons
  • The work environment for some departments is okay but overall it is not a company that has a good work life balance (in 13 reviews)

• Limited career growth options in QA track (in 8 reviews)

"Too much politics"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Redwood Shores, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Redwood Shores, CA

I worked at Model N full-time

Pros

Some good, helpful, and very smart people

Cons

Too much politics and backstabbing

"Business Development"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Soquel, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Soquel, CA

I worked at Model N full-time (More than a year)

Pros

New Revvy Platform has promise.

Cons

Professional Services is a HOT mess
    No VP Marketing for 12 or more months
    Lack of effective marketing is obvious
    Management team in place is a BIG question
    Business Development team is missing!

Advice to Management

Hire a VP Marketing
    Invest in Marketing
    Invest in quality channel implementation partners
    Hire seasoned professional services folks

3. "Decent company to establish consulting skills and build business dev expertise"

Current Employee - Principal Consultant in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Principal Consultant in New York, NY

I have been working at Model N full-time

Pros

- Great Opportunities
    - Stock plan
    - Diversified product portfolio
     - overall good culture of sharing knowledge and best practices

Cons

No cons to share really at this point of time ! I am just filling up the 20 word limit

"Great company in 2014-2015, still growing"

Former Employee - Business Development Manager in Redwood City, CA
    Former Employee - Business Development Manager in Redwood City, CA

I worked at Model N full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I was part of the Business Development Marketing Team. The team was comprised of world-class professionals from events to demand gen to product marketing to business development to programs. The bulk of the team I belonged to is no longer there. The team put on the best Rainmaker yearly conference in the history of the company, with the highest attendance from Model N customers worldwide. We also had a number of significant opportunities as a direct result of the show and I was able to meet some of the key decision-makers and influencers to retaining Model N. It was a really enjoyable time.

C level team and special Industry veterans (R/A) and some very smart new hires made it a pleasure to be at work.

Free buffet lunch on Fridays provided just enough reminder that the company cares about you. There were other perks also, depending on the role.

Cons

Limited markets for the products made it difficult for growth for the company. I've suggested expanding offerings into transportation, hospitality, retail, and supply chain markets. It's a bold idea but wasn't feasible then, perhaps will be. Just a Business Development Manager sourcing $3.5M opportunities.

Limited employee engagement and development programs.

Locations of the company appeared disjointed and not unified; locations did their own thing however with the approval of top management.

At times, depending on your group you could never tell if you had job security.

AC was cold enough to require a coat.

Advice to Management

Provide a more democratic and meritocratic environment with reward based on accomplishments of the person in that particular role; expand into new markets, recognize everyone in the organization from ground level and up.

"Solutions Principal"

Former Employee - Life Sciences Solutions Principal in San Francisco, CA
    Former Employee - Life Sciences Solutions Principal in San Francisco, CA

I worked at Model N (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great team, flexible to family life. Fun culture

Cons

Tons of travel but to be expected in the role

Advice to Management

Would be great for employees to be more empowered. Sometimes the environment could be uncomfortable. Sales team is a great group of dedicated people.

6. "Amazing interview experience!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Princeton, NJ
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Princeton, NJ

Pros

Model N is a very relaxed and trusting company that definitely cares about their employees. Throughout my entire interviewing process, Niti, the HR recruiter was always available to answer any questions and went above and beyond to ensure that all the candidates are comfortable and informed. The introduction onsite visit was very interactive and we got to hang out at a bar to network with current employees afterwards. What made me decide to pursue my career at Model N is that every single person I've talked to thus far mentioned that it is the best company they've worked for, which shows a lot about company culture.

Cons

Since I have not officially started working at Model N, I cannot speak about the cons. The only downside of my interview experience is that there were some discrepancies in the case study.

"Smart people, good products"

Current Employee - Senior Solutions Architect in Redwood City, CA
    Current Employee - Senior Solutions Architect in Redwood City, CA

I have been working at Model N full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Model N has some of the smartest people in town working for them. You are absolutely judged by your coworkers for your contributions. The people here are willing to share ideas and you are encouraged to try new things. I have learned a ton since working here

Cons

We are a software company with a substantial technical debt. The good news is that we are a leader in the revenue management space, the bad news is 80% of our revenue comes from a legacy product.

Advice to Management

We need to establish and share a clear vision of our direction and next steps. Our employees need to better understand where were are going and how we plan to get there.

"Good Company"

Current Employee - Human Resources Representative in Redwood City, CA
    Current Employee - Human Resources Representative in Redwood City, CA

I have been working at Model N full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Free lunch on Friday
    Good benefits
    Good work environment - hard work but also try to keep it fun

Cons

Work life balance seems to go away as you move up in the company - seems typical to most companies though.

Advice to Management

Management needs to interact more with new hires/non management employees. Everyone is busy but take some time to go to social events and get to know the people who work for you.

9. "Software Category Leader, Collaborative Culture, Steady Growth Company"

Current Employee - Finance Manager in Redwood City, CA
    Current Employee - Finance Manager in Redwood City, CA

I have been working at Model N full-time (More than a year)

Pros

- Collaborative culture with good work/life balance and core values
    - Career growth opportunities to step up into leadership roles, after less than 1 year ... "those who stay will be champions" - Bo Schembechler
    - New CEO (Ed Sander) is industry and category veteran, and Founder/Executive Chairman (Zack Rinat) continues to lead company forward

Cons

- Some VP/director-level leadership changes, which are growing pains for a 10%+ YoY growth company have led to short-term ambiguity (read: opportunity) for some roles
    - Company is best suited for entrepreneurial-type, hungry candidates ... be advised

Advice to Management

- Stay focused on customer success and employee success, as the Company has done for 16+ years

10. "Marketing"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Model N full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great place if you want to make an impact and have a broader role. The enviro is very entrepreneurial, open to testing new ideas, delivers continuous innovation with products in a hot B2B SaaS space, leverages bleeding edge martech, and provides a supportive cross-functional team. If you like ownership, empowerment, change and can embrace new opportunities that emerge from it- this is the place for you!

Cons

Work-life balance can be a challenge (similar to any fast-paced, growing tech company) if you do not set boundaries.