Model N Reviews | Glassdoor

Model N Reviews

Updated May 13, 2017

US - All Cities Full-time Part-time

Pros
  • Collaborative culture with good work/life balance and core values (in 24 reviews)

• Give good flexibility for work from home (in 15 reviews)

Cons
  • The work environment for some departments is okay but overall it is not a company that has a good work life balance (in 13 reviews)

• Limited career growth options in QA track (in 8 reviews)

"Human Resources"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Bellevue, WA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Bellevue, WA

I worked at Model N (Less than a year)

Pros

Stress free, ok pay, small organisation

Cons

Very laid back. Management is not open to change,lacks ownership and accountability. Processes are not current.

Advice to Management

Change is the only constant.

"PS Contractor"

Former Employee - Operations Analyst in Lowell, MA
    Former Employee - Operations Analyst in Lowell, MA

I worked at Model N (Less than a year)

Pros

Nice working environment. Free lunch on Friday and free daily snacks and soda

Cons

Have no idea what is going on in the organization

"Consultant"

Former Employee - Consultant in Redwood Shores, CA
    Former Employee - Consultant in Redwood Shores, CA

I worked at Model N full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The work was consistently interesting, and most of my colleagues were thoughtful, engaging professionals. Overall, the job was really quite pleasant.

Cons

Senior management was inept at best, running around trying to chase the latest trend in business news. They lacked direction and failed to articulate a clear strategy or abide by one. The rot started at the top.

Advice to Management

Replace the CEO with someone who knows how to manage an executive team; hire more talented senior leaders with successful track records of managing companies making more than $100 Million.

"A hard uncaring environment - avoid like the plague"

Former Employee - Senior Director in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Senior Director in New York, NY

Pros

There are some great nice and smart people there but they are not allowed to do their jobs. The CEO is a tyranical intellectually arrogant founder who alienates everyone that matters. Lots of good people have left.

Cons

Would not recommend anyone to join especially in a position of leadership. You won't be able to get anything done.

Advice to Management

Get a professional CEO.

"Exciting times and new opportunities"

Current Employee - Manager in Redwood City, CA
    Current Employee - Manager in Redwood City, CA

Pros

Incredible professional and personal learning and growth opportunities
    Tons of new applications developed on the great platforms like Salesforce1
    Great opportunity to be part of a growing team and growing company
    Good pay and benefit plans

Cons

Work life balance is sometimes "unbalanced"
    Only partial matching on 401K

Advice to Management

Team and product are great, the market is there for the taking - got to get the word out through more marketing

"On Mission to Define Revenue Management"

Current Employee - Director, Professional Services in Princeton, NJ
    Current Employee - Director, Professional Services in Princeton, NJ

I have been working at Model N full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

If your looking to be part of an ambitious mission to change a market segment, Model N is a great opportunity with lots of R&D investments about to hit the market. Model N has many fortune 100 customers that are committed to the long term company success. Very flat organization with many leadership opportunities.

Cons

Model N solves complex problems for important companies... until you understand the value proposition, it can be hard to follow day to day management decisions. People that don't get it get frustrated and leave. Be patient.... it takes about a year until thing really start to click.

Advice to Management

Find ways to help more people see the light faster.

"Slave Drivers"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I have been working at Model N full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Learn to be a politician

Cons

Slave driver attitude, Reactive attitude in the marketplace

Advice to Management

I have been with Model N for some time now and have learned the hard way that there is little honesty in middle management. You have to look out for yourself at all times and watch for back stabbers. People have sacrificed their personal time to make Model N successful. Foreign workers in the US and those offshore have it even worse.
    Strongly advice anyone looking to join to weigh their options well

"Visionary Leadership and Great Inter-Team Collaboration"

Current Employee - Senior User Experience Designer in Redwood Shores, CA
    Current Employee - Senior User Experience Designer in Redwood Shores, CA

I have been working at Model N full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Collaboration happens vertically and horizontally across all areas of the company, leading to a lot of solid understanding of the business and customer needs. I can reach out to anyone in any of our global offices and be welcomed into discussion or knowledge sharing at any moment during mission critical processes. I absolutely love that. The political environment is one of brotherhood regardless of title. Further, I feel like if I have an idea that can help us be more profitable or bring more value to our customers, it is considered sincerely.

Having been here for a few months now, and just recently taking the employee entrance training, I am incredibly impressed by the brilliant people we have here and especially the founding team. I want to say that the CEO is that much more impressive, but I feel it would take away from some truly brilliant people that work as direct reports to him. Honored to be a part of this organization. Truly honored.

Cons

Honestly can't think of any. There might be some in other departments, but not mine.

Advice to Management

Your leadership is the engine of this company. The MN Essentials introduction to our senior leadership is incredibly motivating, and it should be a regular occurrence, if it isn't.

"Love the Boston office"

Current Employee - Consultant in Boston, MA
    Current Employee - Consultant in Boston, MA

I have been working at Model N full-time

Pros

I have a positive view about Model N overall, but this is mostly specific to the Boston office where I work:

Pretty decent pay: maybe not as much as bigger consulting firms, but it's also a lot less stressful work
    Managers and staff: dedicated, supportive, and good at their job -- it is a pleasure and honor to work with/for them
    Great work culture: minimal drama/politics, good flexibility to work from home, fair recognition for hard work, and many social activities
    Terrific HR team: very hard working, and when they respond to my requests/questions, I feel like I am as important to them as the CEO
    Clients love us: we're able to sell a lot of projects just through positive word of mouth
    Stock seem to be doing pretty well lately and has a good outlook

Cons

Boston office is a little bit cut off from the rest of the company in California in terms of work, goal/focus, business plan, etc... But we're still doing very well on our own -- getting our own business and keeping our clients happy.

Advice to Management

We'd be much stronger if we make our product development and consulting teams more integrated and work together more.

"One can do better."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Redwood City, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Redwood City, CA

Pros

Paycheck. Some nice people. Ok health insurance.

Cons

Pay not up to market standards. No 401k match. People in sales are not that great and are overly egotistical.

Advice to Management

Treat people well. Pay people well.