Modern Hire Reviews | Glassdoor

Modern Hire Reviews

Updated Oct 21, 2019

4.4
Modern Hire CEO Kurt Heikkinen (no image)
Kurt Heikkinen
  1. "Great company that is growing and mature, but also a great place to grow individually."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Delafield, WI

I have been working at Modern Hire full-time for more than a year

Pros

I enjoy working here because of the strong culture. The level of support and commitment from my colleagues is outstanding! There is never a day that I dread going to work because of the people and because I love the product!

Cons

With a growing company it's expected to have change. Some individuals enjoy our current location while others are experiencing the growing pains and would like to relocate.

Advice to Management

Culture is key!

Modern Hire2016-08-30
  2. "Employment at Montage"

I have been working at Modern Hire full-time for less than a year

Pros

Collaborate work environment, work-life balance, flexible schedule, awesome culture

Cons

Running out of office space - excited for the upcoming relocation

Advice to Management

Keep the culture strong

Modern Hire2016-08-29

"It takes the right kind of person"

I have been working at Modern Hire

Pros

The company has a great sense of service and commitment to its customers. The culture is strong.

Cons

The goals are hefty. It makes people get a little crazy and mean sometimes.

Modern Hire2016-09-10

"Sales"

Sales in Delafield, WI

I have been working at Modern Hire

Pros

As long time employee it's been so exciting to see this organization grow and be so successful. Its so important to me as a sales rep that we can truly stand behind our commitment to clients and our partnership approach. As a working parent I've been blessed to have an executive team that promotes and encourages work life balance. This is an environment that is fast paced, innovative and where someone will... experience professional growth if they are committed and willing to work for it.

Cons

Nothing I can think of.

Advice to Management

Continue to promote and protect the strong culture that has been developed.

Modern Hire2016-01-19
  5. "Great Place to Work + Innovative Solution + Poised for Growth"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Delafield, WI

I have been working at Modern Hire full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Having worked at Montage for the last several years, it is exciting to see the great momentum that currently exists. The technology is exciting and transformational and is being adopted by employers. Having a great product to stand behind makes coming to work every day a new adventure. Montage is made up of a great group of talented people in every department, from Senior Leadership to Sales & Client Success to... Product & Development, everyone is working towards the clear goals set by management. One of the other great things about working here is the size and culture. While we are rapidly growing, everyone's voice can still be heard. For those who are looking to grow professionally, there are opportunities for advancement and better yet plenty of chances for you to define new roles that are needed that might not currently exist. The management team from the CEO on down promotes a fun & supportive culture. The importance of "family" is promoted by both the personal and professional definitions. I would recommend this as a great place to work for anyone looking for an exciting career.

Cons

The only real con that I can think of is actually the result of all the positive growth. The headquarters office in Delafield is becoming a tight on space, as the company continues to grow it will need to look to find new office space.

Advice to Management

Keep up the momentum, coaching, transparency and culture that you have already established. You have assembled a great team and entrusted them to go out and work towards delivering our legacy, keep supporting them and trusting them to do just that. We appreciate you leading by example, it inspires us to follow!

Modern Hire2016-01-19

"I would absolutely recommend Montage to anyone"

Account Development Consultant in Delafield, WI

I have been working at Modern Hire

Pros

I love working for Montage. The culture is fantastic, we have a fantastic executive team that really knows how to lead. I really enjoy coming to work everyday knowing that I can make a difference and grow the organization. It is really fun to be a part of the Montage movement and really change the way the world is hiring.

Cons

There are no cons that I can think of.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing.

Modern Hire2015-08-20

"Small Company, Innovative Technology, Great Leadership"

I have been working at Modern Hire full-time for less than a year

Pros

Culture Before joining Montage I worked for a larger organization that talked a lot about employee engagement, but never delivered. It wasn’t until I joined Montage that I truly understood genuine employee engagement and why it’s so importance it starts at the top. Leadership I have never worked for a more passionate, engaged and focused CEO. These attributes extend beyond the company and its bottom line and... include a genuine caring attitude towards employees and their well being.True leadership cannot be faked. Technology I have worked in the HR technology space for several years and Montage has one of the most mature solutions I've seen. Very few defects with lots of innovative features. Summary Montage isn’t for everyone, it’s a fast paced, small organization where everyone checks their ego at the door, rolls up their sleeves and works hard every day to be the #1 Video Interviewing technology in the world.

Cons

Although Montage is rapidly expanding and internal mobility is encouraged, some employees may find it difficult to grow their careers due to the size of the organization.

Advice to Management

With such rapid growth continue to invest in employee engagement for both local and remote employees. Would also like to see a larger corporate office environment.

Modern Hire2015-07-01
  8. "Its all good."

I have been working at Modern Hire full-time for less than a year

Pros

Its a great place to work

Cons

I cannot think of one Con at the moment.

Modern Hire2014-08-29
  9. "Poised for big things"

I have been working at Modern Hire full-time

Pros

Make your own opportunity, influence direction of organization, committed colleagues, building a new company in a growing market

Cons

Office location is less than ideal, physical office environment doesn't always facilitate open communication

Modern Hire2014-06-21
  10. "A Great Opportunity"

I have been working at Modern Hire

Pros

Montage has a very welcoming, family-like culture, where everyone's contribution is valued. The people here are very nice, and you can tell they really care about the company. It's exciting to be on the cutting edge of software and the video interviewing market. Plus, it's growing quickly, so there is room for advancement opportunities.

Cons

Because we are growing so quickly, we are not a 9-5 company. Some weeks require the ability to roll up your sleeves and put in the necessary work to get the job done.

Modern Hire2014-06-24