Modern Hire Reviews | Glassdoor

Modern Hire Reviews

Updated Oct 21, 2019

4.4
Modern Hire CEO Kurt Heikkinen (no image)
Kurt Heikkinen
  1. "Great Place to Work with Exciting Technology"

I have been working at Modern Hire full-time for more than a year

Pros

I've been at Montage a little over a year and have come to grow very fond of this company. The changing technology is enhancing recruiting for our clients every day and as having previously worked in HR that is very exciting.

Cons

The only main con I see are the health insurance benefits, but I also understand that what we have will likely change as we grow.

Modern Hire2014-06-06
  2. "Great, fast moving company with a fabulous team"

I have been working at Modern Hire full-time

Pros

Great team, excellent internal communications, interesting technology, high profile clients, wonderful culture, family friendly place to work with good work life balance! Good communication between functional organizations.

Cons

A lot of high profile clients and the desire to make sure they are all highly satisfied can create a lot of pressure inside the organization at times.

Advice to Management

Don't let communication filters or censorship occur between functional organizations. The company is successful because of the great communication between support, client success, development and sales. Keep that small company culture as you grow!

Modern Hire2014-06-05
  3. "Couldn't be happier!"

I have been working at Modern Hire full-time for less than a year

Pros

Family! That's what you have as an employee at Montage. You are not just another number producing sales rep, you are a part of a growing family. That being said they continue that caring behavior out to their prospects and clients throughout the sales process. The product is great - compared to others out there it offers more opportunity to a client - it can be used in many ways to serve many different needs... outside of just video interviewing.

Cons

With still being a newer company - it is often challenging to get your name out there. Other than that - no complaints here!

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing!

Modern Hire2014-06-05
  4. "Warm, Welcoming Environment"

I have been working at Modern Hire full-time for more than a year

Pros

Montage has a great strong culture that they take very seriously. The product is aggressively growing and redefining how video interviewing is done in the category. Wins are celebrated and loses are examined for continuous improvement. They value everyone and their contribution to the team.

Cons

For Milwaukee based people, it's a distance from city center but many people work remotely periodically and for most the schedule is pretty flexible to accommodate traffic patterns.

Modern Hire2014-06-04
  5. "Great company, exciting growth, great culture"

I have been working at Modern Hire full-time

Pros

Montage is an exciting company to work for that has strong leadership and is growing by leaps and bounds. The culture at Montage is collaborative, informative and more relaxed while still maintaining focus on clients and goals. There is good work/life balance with flexible scheduling which allows for "life" to happen- big perk, thank you! I like all the people I work with, everyone is friendly and focused on... making Montage successful. I love the culture, people, environment and the work I do.

Cons

Salaries seem to be lower than average

Advice to Management

Keep thinking big, keep acting small

6. "Current employee"

I have been working at Modern Hire full-time for less than a year

Pros

The reasons I enjoy working at Montage are because of the impressive leadership, strong work ethic and collaboration among the employees, a shared winning attitude, and a stellar product. The culture is phenomenal. Everyone works hard and is committed to drive the company's success--there is no dead weight; no lollygagging. The company is very mature for being young. These were all the things that attracted me to... Montage in the first place, and I'm pleased to learn after being hired that they are true in practice.

Cons

Compared to my last job, some of the benefits aren't as good (insurance, a 401K you can contribute to immediately but no company match yet), but I think they will improve as the company continues to grow.

Advice to Management

Hoping for a 401K match possibility as the company continues to grow. Thank you for the opportunity to be a part of the incredible team at Montage. Kurt Heikkinen is irreplaceable.

Modern Hire2014-06-04
  7. "Great Company with High Growth Potential"

I have been working at Modern Hire full-time

Pros

I really like the culture at Montage. Everyone works very hard to ensure our clients are successful. The company is definitely growing and there are always new opportunities to learn different parts of the business/industry. It is cool to be a part of a smaller company that serves multiple Fortune 500 companies.

Cons

I'm not sure if this is a con or not but the office space is definitely interesting.

Modern Hire2014-06-04
  8. "Fast paced, fluid organization"

I have been working at Modern Hire full-time

Pros

Rapidly growing company with an internal focus on culture and team. Your voice will be heard and the collaboration aspect is great.

Cons

Benefits aren't that great, which isn't surprising for a small, young company. The physical workplace leaves something to be desired.

Advice to Management

Continue to look from within to develop and promote future leaders of the company.

Modern Hire2014-06-06