Modern Transportation Reviews | Glassdoor

Updated Nov 25, 2019

2.6
Modern Transportation CEO Patrick Cozzens
Patrick Cozzens

"Good company to work for"

Former Employee - Class A Truck Driver in Orem, UT

I worked at Modern Transportation full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Great home time, small company environment with the benefits of a large company, pay is good for the work.

Cons

Routes get monotonous, can be hard to work in very adverse conditions specifically due to weather.

Modern Transportation2019-03-07
  2. "tanker driver"

Former Employee - Class A Truck Driver in Tuscaloosa, AL

I worked at Modern Transportation full-time

Pros

good rates,good terminal manager,good equipment

Cons

idiots at corporate level,cameras in trucks,micro managed

Modern Transportation2019-11-25
  3. "Where is the communication?"

Current Employee - Owner Operator in Tuscaloosa, AL

I have been working at Modern Transportation full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Safety doesn't ride your butt. (Because nobody communicates to each other). Oh wait, they are crazy about inward facing cameras, huge deal.

Cons

Everything. No communication between dispatch,drivers, safety, terminal Managers, payroll, most terminals lack even the basic necessities such as a bathroom or even a place to do paperwork. Slow to pay on some things. Absolutely no maintenance department, zero shops, totally up to the drivers to maintain equipment. Will close am account or terminal without any notice to the drivers and expect them to just... pack up and move... Sometimes two it three states away!! Yes, true.!!! They run off every experienced liquid bulk transport executive they hired when they decided to start this end if the business. That means everyone now running the liquid bulk side has almost zero experience doing anything OTR. ALMOST ZERO!!! Patrick Cozzens is clueless about what is going on. His executive staff will lie and throw their underlings under the bus and go behind his back to try and fix what they screwed up. It is horrible. Everything is done they email. EVERYTHING. permits, dispatch, settlement sheets, safety, even the customer has to email them wait for someone to respond. Half the time nobody can make a decision and it's left up to the driver to do what is right and then hope he/she gets paid for it. This company could be awesome. But do many at the top are too busy covering their butts and firing people. Every person that gets fired because another driver quit, got fired because someone above them screwed up. It's insane.

Advice to Management

Quit. Walk away. Let Cozzens hire people that know this industry. Stop blowing smoke up his butt and step away. Patrick Cozzens, if you see this. You are being lied to. You have an opportunity to make a great business but the people around you are stopping it from happening. I have no way to communicate to you directly and I would love to have your ear just to see if this is intentional or if what myself... and many others at the bottom of the pond are thinking is true.

Modern Transportation2019-07-22

"Do not work for Modern transportation."

Current Employee - Driver in Ottawa, IL

I have been working at Modern Transportation full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

There are no pros to this job.

Cons

No raises for over 6 years. No chain of command. Absolute disregard for employees. Will never suggest this place as employment for anyone.

Advice to Management

I should not have to give advice to “ professionals “.

Modern Transportation2018-12-23
  5. "Cushion job"

Former Employee - Driver in Weatherford, TX

I worked at Modern Transportation full-time for less than a year

Pros

Good pay, supervisors on top of things, open door

Cons

Detention time can be long at times not good in daycab

Advice to Management

None

Modern Transportation2016-11-26
  6. "Good check"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dearborn, MI

I have been working at Modern Transportation full-time for more than a year

Pros

Good paycheck,do your job right and they love you.

Cons

Rental trucks and sharing your truck with another assigned driver.

Modern Transportation2016-05-19
  7. "Great company to work for."

Driver in Fayetteville, NC

I worked at Modern Transportation for less than a year

Pros

Great hours. Friendly place to work.

Cons

The pay is not great

Modern Transportation2016-02-15

"Modern is a good company for a year or two but not more, there are not many opportunities for for advancement,"

Current Employee - Driver in Loveland, CO

I have been working at Modern Transportation full-time for more than a year

Pros

dedicated runs, decent management, OK wage Ryder maintenance program, Most trucks are newer, most of the time will get set days off.

Cons

very unorganized, company cares more about the product than the drivers, equipment is not up to date mainly the trailers,

Advice to Management

upgrade your equipment and maintain it better, and listen to your employee's, realize that without the driver's your company won't deliver any product to any one. need to equip the trucks with blowers to open up more work possibility's,

Modern Transportation2014-01-26
  9. "Terrible ethics."

Former Employee - Driver in Dallas, TX

I worked at Modern Transportation full-time for less than a year

Pros

I had a lot of hours and some good co-workers. Even some of the supervisors were nice.

Cons

We went through a huge turnover in management. There were four different site managers in the the six months I worked here. They never, ever got payroll, right. In six months, they shorted me over $2,000, despite my bringing logs and spreadsheets to show where the errors were. I eventually had to file a complaint with the Workforce Commission. They lost the contract for the frac sand delivery we were working on. We... were pulling 75 hours a week, but it only lasted a few weeks. After that, they had me shoveling sand for a measly $12/hour.

Advice to Management

Get your stuff together!

Modern Transportation2013-08-06