Modern Woodmen Reviews | Glassdoor

Rating Trends Rating Trends
W. Kenny Massey
1 Rating

Pros
Cons
  • Home office support shuts down at 4:30pm (in 5 reviews)

• I don't have anything negative to say (in 3 reviews)

"management needs some work."

Former Employee - Systems Administrator in Rock Island, IL
    Former Employee - Systems Administrator in Rock Island, IL

I worked at Modern Woodmen full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great company if your not in IT

Cons

Trying to move too much too fast. Take and use bad advise from consultants.
    Best qualified applicants don't get promoted.
    Consultants and third party vendors run Modern Woodmen.
    I could go on...

Advice to Management

Slow down and start listening to the professional technical people you've hired instead of the money grubbing consultants.

"You sure you want to work here?"

Former Employee - Financial Representative in Addison, TX
    Former Employee - Financial Representative in Addison, TX

I worked at Modern Woodmen full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Pretty good benefit package and had no complaints with anyone who I worked with.

Cons

They tell you it is a financial rep/advisor job.. it's insurance. And if you want to get any liscense to be able to sell securities, it's coming out of your pocket. Just like rent for your office and anything you might need to run your business. Commission only so anyway to put any money into the that 401k is to sell. And by sell, I mean sell to your family and friends cuz "who knows you and trusts you more than your friends and family" *spoiler alert* they have insurance through their company and if you aren't securities licensed than you're basically stuck

Advice to Management

Update you company practices.... Monday night call sessions went out in the 90's.

"Financial Advisor"

Former Employee - Financial Advisor
    Former Employee - Financial Advisor

I worked at Modern Woodmen full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great people with whom I worked. The company's incentives are decent -- high commissions, vacations for top sellers, bonuses for the sale of certain products, etc.

Cons

Just about everything. The company's products are inferior, and the selling method couldn't feel less organic. Essentially, be ready to sell products to your own social network with ZERO help from the company. Oh, and the position is commission ONLY. Don't sell? Don't eat.

Advice to Management

Let new hires know exactly what they're in for... I was misled throughout the recruitment and training process, and couldn't have been less happy during my entire time with the firm. I regret ever accepting my offer.

"Run fast!!!"

Former Employee - Financial Advisor in Santa Clara, CA
    Former Employee - Financial Advisor in Santa Clara, CA

I worked at Modern Woodmen full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The interview process was great! They made it seem like it the best place to work for.

Cons

Getting your own leads. No training from management. When you bring in a policy watch out, the managers will try to rob you!!!

Advice to Management

Don't hire shady managers & if you advertise to do something, do it. Don't waste anyone's time, it makes you look weak!

"No Idea What They're Doing"

Pros

-You were able to create your own schedule and they were very flexible with accomodating different training sessions.

Cons

-The fact they represent themselves as financial advisors is scary. They have no knowledge other than how to talk people up and make them feel like they know what they are talking about.
    -They give no base pay to start out and the training they provide is inadequate.
    -Their business model is to bring in as many people as possible, have them call all their friends and family, and whoever survives they enjoy the roll down from their comissions and who doesn't is not their problem.

Advice to Management

Stop tricking innocent people into believing you know what you're talking about. Gain some type of knowledge of what your selling and stop trying to throw the product with the biggest commission at every client no matter their present situation.