Moderna Therapeutics Scientist Reviews | Glassdoor

Scientist

3.8
Moderna Therapeutics CEO Stéphane Bancel
Stéphane Bancel

"A surprisingly great place to work"

Current Employee - Scientist in Cambridge, MA

Pros

I didn't know what to think when accepting this job. Many of the reviews here make it sound somewhat terrible. I don't know who those people are but they could not be more mistaken. Moderna is a great place to work. It's full (and I do mean full) of smart, energetic, and driven employees. The hierarchy is very flat and I've only witnessed mutual respect among the employees and management. The president, in particular, is the perfect fit for this company.

I strongly suspect that all of the negative reviews are coming from employees who either wanted to coast or who could not handle the fast paced and dynamic environment. Yes, things change VERY fast here but they need to. It's a small, responsible company. It's not Novartis.

Pay is great, perks are great, people are great. There is an excitement that is pervasive in this company and it's well deserved.

Cons

Walking between the sites for meetings is a tad annoying. Relocating somewhere warm would be nice. It would be great if we could migrate for iPhones to Android devices.

Advice to Management

You're going in the right direction. There's a lot of untapped talent within the company so be sure to look internally for promotions before going externally. Maybe make a special effort to make the contractors feel especially welcome. Other than that, keep up the free lunch and the other perks. They make a big difference.

"Amazingly fast pace"

Current Employee - Scientist in Cambridge, MA

I have been working at Moderna Therapeutics full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Company does exciting science, and they really try to get it right. New ideas are always welcome, which is a great feature. The work is cutting-edge, exciting, and fast-paced. If you can handle it, it's an amazing place to work - the company is ambitious and serious about meeting its goals. it is definitely on the way up.

Compensation is good, not great. Benefits are good, not great as well.

Cons

Directions of projects can turn on a dime, so the job requires an amazing about of agility and adaptability. Upper management is not shy about offering criticism - they are genuinely trying to improve things, but being able to handle criticism is definitely a must.

Advice to Management

Company organization is fluid by design, but there is little communication about coming changes, so it's very easy to be caught off-guard in the current scenario. Better communication of present and future plans would go a long way.

"Hero complex"

I have been working at Moderna Therapeutics full-time

Pros

none just viscous know all complexes

Cons

Hero complex. Me ME MEE. Its all about me. Insatiable megalomaniacs.

Advice to Management

Grow a brain