Modernizing Medicine Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

3.6
Daniel Cane

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily reflect the views of Modernizing Medicine (in 12 reviews)

• Catered lunch, bagel Friday, Zen Room (in 7 reviews)

Cons
  • We are growing fast, so obvious growing pains are occurring (in 6 reviews)

• Modernizing Medicine is not for the person who needs a lot of structure and rigidity (in 6 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"A company that goes above & beyond for its employees and clients"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Boca Raton, FL

I have been working at Modernizing Medicine full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Within the past two weeks the country experienced two major hurricanes - Harvey in Texas and Irma in Florida, home to our company headquarters. With Harvey, not only did the company donate funds to the American Red Cross to support people affected by the storm, but leadership also decided to waive fees for clients who were most hit by storm surges, etc. Physicians don't get paid if they don't work, and even if their offices are closed they still have the same fixed costs - including software fees. The company didn't have to lose that revenue, but it's acts like this during periods of hardship that clients appreciate and remember.
    Closer to home, South Florida was spared the worst of Irma, yet many employees lost power. Leadership again went above and beyond, offering families whose homes didn't have power the option to stay the night at headquarters. They even played a kid-friendly movie on our big screen. It's actions like this that show the true character of the company and its leadership. These are the kind of leaders that people should want to work for

Cons

Nothing is ever perfect, but the pros significantly outweigh the cons.

Advice to Management

Keep up these kinds of actions. And thank you.

"Loving it here!"

Current Employee - Account Manager in Boca Raton, FL
    Current Employee - Account Manager in Boca Raton, FL

I have been working at Modernizing Medicine (Less than a year)

Pros

Culture is amazing. PTO is super generous. 4 weeks vacation that isn’t use it or lose it for new employers is fantastic (they don’t guilt you into not using it either, they encourage it!) Catered lunches are always great. As an added bonus, I have a lot of faith mod med is going nowhere but up. Working with our product has opened my eyes to how awesome the healthcare industry is.

Cons

We are growing fast, so obvious growing pains are occurring. This is understandable, and not a bad problem, but can prove hectic at times.

Advice to Management

Skill sets are important but keep putting an emphasis on hiring based on who fits the culture.

As we grow, please strive for us to not become a typical corporation. Although there’s no signs of that happening, it’s just something to look out for.

"Love it here"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Boca Raton, FL

I have been working at Modernizing Medicine full-time (More than a year)

Pros

20 days PTO, catered lunches twice a week, casual dress, great company culture.

Cons

Very hard to get a raise for fair work. Some of the laziest people in the company are paid very high salaries whereas the hardest working people usually make the least.

Advice to Management

Change the con above or you will lose more staff.

"Outside BA"

Pros

Very talented and intelligent IT department. They had lunch for employees twice weekly. The employees took this for granted for the most part.

Cons

Disorganized Upper Management for PM sector. Marketing managers that lack creativity and will turn out a PM system that underperforms. If you are a marketing a EMR/EHR company and are not providing displays showing how the product works better than another or why it’s a convenience to consumers, it will fail.

Advice to Management

Any time that your management staff speaks poorly of competitors, or their team it reflects negatively on the business. There are other factors that come into play too, such as having poor grammar and lack of communication skills. Whether on the clock or personal time, everything that your management staff does and says is heard and reflected upon because they are representing your brand at all times. My temporary manager, as well as upper management lacked grammar and communication. It was clear it was who you knew in the company, not what you know, or the level of education and experience. It is called the Peter Principle. I wish them well.

"Dishonest HR Practices"

I worked at Modernizing Medicine full-time

Pros

Positive work culture and retreat options

Cons

I was openly lied to during the recruitment process by an HR rep. We had a significant disparity in salary offered and salary preferred, and, after the early interview phases, I said I didn't think it made sense to move forward with the interview process. The HR rep came back to me and said she'd spoken with the team and they all thought the salary wouldn't be a problem. Then, I was offered the position at the original salary offered, and the HR person acted incredulous that I still thought the disparity was a problem. It was clear that she'd never even spoken to anyone about the salary disparity. Talk about a waste of everyone's time. I obviously went with another company. I wouldn't ever waste my time with this company again. It's a shame, because the team and the work itself seemed promising. I just can't in good conscience say this company can be trusted.

Advice to Management

Evaluate your HR staff, and root out dishonest practices.

"Works with cross functional teams to get Projects completed"

I have been working at Modernizing Medicine full-time

Pros

Great company and great culture.

Cons

Health benefits could be better

"Great place to learn and grow"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Boca Raton, FL
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Boca Raton, FL

I worked at Modernizing Medicine full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

TL;DR

You'll enjoy working here if you're entrepreneurial and are good at handling unfamiliar tasks (as there are always new challenges at MM.) Pay isn't competitive and is a known issue.

Culture:
    Modernizing Medicine hires a special kind of individual, you'll hear from everyone that getting through Talent Acquisition, recruiters, and interviewers is tough. They do a great job of attracting talented individuals and hiring for aptitude. Since the company is growing so rapidly, you'll get thrown into a lot of new types of projects working here. There is opportunity to transition to new roles within the company, since they do a lot of internal hiring as needs arise. Working at MM will definitely be a resume builder. The culture here is vibrant and feels young and fresh (not necessarily age wise, but technology and process-wise.)

Benefits:
    The company offers healthy catered lunches, fruit and trail mix, free beverages and espresso and they sponsor fitness activities you can take part in during working hours/after-hours. The company also has treadmill rooms were you can work on your laptop while walking and a zen room if you need time to chill out.

Work:
    The work is satisfying and it's pretty cool to work for the CEO. You'll get to work with new tech and build your skill-set.

Cons

Since the company hires junior level talent and develops skill-set over time, the salary doesn't match job duties. The product is lacking in some areas, but there is a lot of communication about bugs/missing features and there continues to be on-going developing of the product. The company needs to reach profitability in order to sustain itself.

Advice to Management

Pay market value.

8. "A "Culture First" Company"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Boca Raton, FL

I have been working at Modernizing Medicine full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Modernizing Medicine is everything you always wanted to build in a culture. It's authentic and comes from the fact that each and every person that joins the team is both a consumer of the culture and a contributor to it. It's balanced. Fun balanced with serious meaningful work. Sprints of hard work that challenges teams balanced by periods of time for innovation, problem-solving, and self-growth. Mostly, what I like about it is that it has the feel of a start-up: the urgency and sense of purpose and drive that matters.

Cons

Doing anything in healthcare is a challenge. The industry is highly regulated and even though they are a software company, they have to be mindful of government overwatch.

Advice to Management

Keep the culture going despite the scale! It's difficult to scale up all of the things that made Modernizing Medicine what it was, but that's exactly what you need to do.

9. "Innovative, forward thinking company with awesome people!"

I have been working at Modernizing Medicine full-time

Pros

The product is unparalleled in the industry and the people at Mod Med are amazing to work with.

Cons

None that I can think of.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing.

10. "Great Place to Work and So Many Opportunities"

I have been working at Modernizing Medicine full-time

Pros

I've been with this company for just over two years and look forward to a future here. The people I have met and worked with have truly been all around good people and very talented individuals. The interview/hiring process is a tough one and rightfully so as they want employees to work well with the dynamic and innovative culture that exists. The employee benefits (401k, PTO, health) are generous. Aside from those benefits, I have felt that they are open to support professional development goals and really value their employees and their success. Overall, I enjoy going to work and feel good about the product and people I am working for.

Cons

With all the growth, there are a lot of new people in all levels in various departments, so the organizational structure is a bit in flux but definitely think it's temporary and will have long term benefits to sustain the long-term growth of the company.