Modernizing Medicine Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

3.8
Daniel Cane

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • "The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily reflect the views of Modernizing Medicine" (in 12 reviews)

• "Catered lunch, bagel Friday, Zen Room" (in 7 reviews)

Cons
  • "We are growing fast, so obvious growing pains are occurring" (in 6 reviews)

• "Modernizing Medicine is not for the person who needs a lot of structure and rigidity" (in 6 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"A company that goes above & beyond for its employees and clients"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Boca Raton, FL

I have been working at Modernizing Medicine full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Within the past two weeks the country experienced two major hurricanes - Harvey in Texas and Irma in Florida, home to our company headquarters. With Harvey, not only did the company donate funds to the American Red Cross to support people affected by the storm, but leadership also decided to waive fees for clients who were most hit by storm surges, etc. Physicians don't get paid if they don't work, and even if their offices are closed they still have the same fixed costs - including software fees. The company didn't have to lose that revenue, but it's acts like this during periods of hardship that clients appreciate and remember.
    Closer to home, South Florida was spared the worst of Irma, yet many employees lost power. Leadership again went above and beyond, offering families whose homes didn't have power the option to stay the night at headquarters. They even played a kid-friendly movie on our big screen. It's actions like this that show the true character of the company and its leadership. These are the kind of leaders that people should want to work for

Cons

Nothing is ever perfect, but the pros significantly outweigh the cons.

Advice to Management

Keep up these kinds of actions. And thank you.

2. "Software support"

I have been working at Modernizing Medicine full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Growth opportunities and good benefits.

Cons

Immature company, college dorm environment.

Advice to Management

Promote people within same department so they don’t have to move to another one to grow.

3. "Great Company To Work For!"

I have been working at Modernizing Medicine full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Throughout my career I have never worked for a company that goes over and beyond for their employees. The Executive Leadership team is very transparent, and makes it very clear to the employees the values and mission that we all must exude. The company is extremely generous with the perks and benefits that we are allotted. I would highly recommend this company to my friends.

Cons

Some positions have limited growth and the compensation could be more competitive/aligned with what other companies are offering.

Advice to Management

Increase the compensation to decrease the turnover that has taken place.

4. "Accounts Receivable and Billing Specialist"

I worked at Modernizing Medicine full-time

Pros

Great culture, very friendly. Employees are informed of the goals and mission of the company. Mod Med provides lunches 2x a week as well as Friday breakfast which is a great perk.

Cons

Growing very rapidly and the General and Administrative staff is not as respected as the technical and support staff. High turnover for the G&A departments.

Advice to Management

Pay more attention to departments other than the technical, support and production staff.

5. "Great place."

I have been working at Modernizing Medicine full-time

Pros

The company is very respectful and mindful of work-life balance.
    You are greatly appreciated giving you a great sense of accomplishment.

Cons

Overall management style doesn't align with the company values and culture.

"Loving it here!"

Current Employee - Account Manager in Boca Raton, FL
    Current Employee - Account Manager in Boca Raton, FL

I have been working at Modernizing Medicine (Less than a year)

Pros

Culture is amazing. PTO is super generous. 4 weeks vacation that isn’t use it or lose it for new employers is fantastic (they don’t guilt you into not using it either, they encourage it!) Catered lunches are always great. As an added bonus, I have a lot of faith mod med is going nowhere but up. Working with our product has opened my eyes to how awesome the healthcare industry is.

Cons

We are growing fast, so obvious growing pains are occurring. This is understandable, and not a bad problem, but can prove hectic at times.

Advice to Management

Skill sets are important but keep putting an emphasis on hiring based on who fits the culture.

As we grow, please strive for us to not become a typical corporation. Although there’s no signs of that happening, it’s just something to look out for.

"Love it here"

I have been working at Modernizing Medicine full-time (More than a year)

Pros

20 days PTO, catered lunches twice a week, casual dress, great company culture.

Cons

Very hard to get a raise for fair work. Some of the laziest people in the company are paid very high salaries whereas the hardest working people usually make the least.

Advice to Management

Change the con above or you will lose more staff.

"Outside BA"

Pros

Very talented and intelligent IT department. They had lunch for employees twice weekly. The employees took this for granted for the most part.

Cons

Disorganized Upper Management for PM sector. Marketing managers that lack creativity and will turn out a PM system that underperforms. If you are a marketing a EMR/EHR company and are not providing displays showing how the product works better than another or why it’s a convenience to consumers, it will fail.

Advice to Management

Any time that your management staff speaks poorly of competitors, or their team it reflects negatively on the business. There are other factors that come into play too, such as having poor grammar and lack of communication skills. Whether on the clock or personal time, everything that your management staff does and says is heard and reflected upon because they are representing your brand at all times. My temporary manager, as well as upper management lacked grammar and communication. It was clear it was who you knew in the company, not what you know, or the level of education and experience. It is called the Peter Principle. I wish them well.

"Dishonest HR Practices"

I worked at Modernizing Medicine full-time

Pros

Positive work culture and retreat options

Cons

I was openly lied to during the recruitment process by an HR rep. We had a significant disparity in salary offered and salary preferred, and, after the early interview phases, I said I didn't think it made sense to move forward with the interview process. The HR rep came back to me and said she'd spoken with the team and they all thought the salary wouldn't be a problem. Then, I was offered the position at the original salary offered, and the HR person acted incredulous that I still thought the disparity was a problem. It was clear that she'd never even spoken to anyone about the salary disparity. Talk about a waste of everyone's time. I obviously went with another company. I wouldn't ever waste my time with this company again. It's a shame, because the team and the work itself seemed promising. I just can't in good conscience say this company can be trusted.

Advice to Management

Evaluate your HR staff, and root out dishonest practices.

"Works with cross functional teams to get Projects completed"

I have been working at Modernizing Medicine full-time

Pros

Great company and great culture.

Cons

Health benefits could be better