Modest Needs Foundation Client Advocate Reviews | Glassdoor

Client Advocate

5.0
Keith Taylor

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Low Stress Job Helping People In Need"

Current Employee - Client Advocate in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Client Advocate in New York, NY

I have been working at Modest Needs Foundation full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Very generous salary and benefits. Strictly 9-5 Monday thru Friday. Relaxed work environment. Great mission.

Cons

Reviewing grant applications means that your reading about people struggling through very difficult situations. If you are the type who can't leave work at work, this could tough to deal with. The company is tiny, as in less than 10 employees, so I'm not sure how much space for advancement there is. These aren't really an issue for me, but there the things I could see making this a bad fit for some people.

2. "I loved my job"

Former Employee - Client Advocate in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Client Advocate in New York, NY

Pros

Modest Needs was a fantastic place to work. Like other reviewers have said, I always felt like part of a family, and I always knew I was making a huge difference in the lives of the people who applied for and received our help.

Cons

Truthfully, the hardest part of the job was not being able to help every deserving person. I guess this is to be expected when you work at a small charity, but we got to know our applicants on a pretty personal level, so it was still difficult when we couldn't help them.

Advice to Management

I think management does a great job given the limited resources available, but I think some employees really aren't a good fit for the org and tend to drag other people down. I think mgmt should be more proactively careful in hiring.