Modis International Reviews | Glassdoor

Sort: PopularRatingDate

"Overall good experience."

Former Contractor - Technical Consultant
    Former Contractor - Technical Consultant

I worked at Modis International as a contractor (More than 10 years)

Pros

Smooth long term placement and annual review process.

Cons

Company values and benefits shifted over time. Health insurance was very limited.

2. "Minimal Effort from Day 1"

Former Freelancer - Systems Support Analyst in Charlotte, NC
    Former Freelancer - Systems Support Analyst in Charlotte, NC

I worked at Modis International (More than a year)

Pros

They did a decent job of introducing me to the new team I would be working with at Wells Fargo

Cons

On the first day my recruiter told me the wrong building where I would be contracting. Within the first 30 days, my recruiter took me to lunch with a trainee under him and they spent less time asking me about how I liked my role than they did trying to squeeze info out of me about friends I had that might also be looking for jobs.

After that lunch, the only time I ever heard from my recruiter again was 5 months later. I reached out on a Tuesday to ask about a payroll question and he told me that Friday was his last day there and I was never provided with a follow-up contact. When it came time for my contract to end, there was no effort on their part to find me another role, nor did they even respond to the unemployment office to confirm that I worked for them so that I could start receiving benefits.

Overall, Modis made little to no effort once they got me in the door and started making money off of my employment. This is probably why they are no longer qualified to contract with the major banks in Charlotte.

Benefits are meager to say the least. I was paying $200+ per month for a catastrophic insurance policy ($6000 deductible).

Advice to Management

Ensure that your recruiters are actively engaged with their recruits and that your account managers are holding them to that responsibility.

3. "Business Development Manager"

Former Employee - Business Development Manager in Greenwood Village, Arapahoe, CO

I worked at Modis International full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Decent base salary, talented recruiters if you are a senior sales member. You can make a lot of money if you stick around for a long time.

Cons

Just about the worst case scenario for a sales role. Very little training and support. High turnover in the sales roles. 0 sales management. Very stuffy and corporate environment.

Advice to Management

Better on boarding process, support new sales people. Don't pick favorites. Create a better culture

4. "Resource Development Manager"

Former Employee - Resource Development Manager in Raleigh, NC
    Former Employee - Resource Development Manager in Raleigh, NC

I worked at Modis International full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The team on the floor (not the managers). Great Administrative Support. Decent work-life balance.

Cons

Terrible pay. Managers lack the vision to develop sound business strategies and effectively manage the Raleigh branch. There is clear lack of communication among managers at all the different levels. No room for career growth. Too much focus on making phone calls rather than focusing on outcomes.

Advice to Management

Take the time to talk to your employees and figure out what they need to be successful. Too much finger-pointing and not enough productive communication. Don't micromanage. Set expectations and hire people that you trust to fulfill those.

"Run, Don't Walk!"

Current Contractor - Business Systems Analyst in Minneapolis, MN
    Current Contractor - Business Systems Analyst in Minneapolis, MN

I have been working at Modis International as a contractor (More than a year)

Pros

Wage is fair, if you don't need insurance.
    A few online tools to promote self-directed learning
    Online payroll tool works fair

Cons

Lack of support after turning you over to a client
    Lack of recruiter professionalism
    No follow through for transition
    Benefits are nearly non-supported

Advice to Management

Get input from your employees on the ground. Keep an eye on your recruiters...they may make the difference between a good employee staying or sharing the experience elsewhere. Provide a career plan or path.

"Contractor"

Current Contractor - Anonymous Contractor in Denver, CO
    Current Contractor - Anonymous Contractor in Denver, CO

I have been working at Modis International as a contractor (Less than a year)

Pros

I earn very good money.

Cons

They are more concerned about the money you generate for them on the job than they are in helping you in any shape or form if the company decides to outsource and you are left wondering if you will have a job. They will not return emails or give you any sort of idea what's happening. They weren't truthful in when I started as to what I would be doing. My job is not what I was told I would be doing. It's a joke.

Advice to Management

You could easily keep good consultants if you actually invested time in keeping them around rather than watching your bank account fill up and then they disappear.

"If you want to make money..."

Current Employee - Resource Development Manager in Washington, DC
    Current Employee - Resource Development Manager in Washington, DC

Pros

If you are looking for a recruiting role in the technology space there are not many other places that would offer a better way to make well into the six figures.

Cons

The staffing business is a tough way to make a living, so if your goals don't include making a LOT of money a corporate recruiting job is the way to go.

Advice to Management

As long as you take care of your top producers you'll continue to see the same level off success that has be achieved in the past.

8. "The Worst Company To Work FOR"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Ottawa, ON (Canada)
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Ottawa, ON (Canada)

Pros

Nothing nothing nothing nothing nothing,

Cons

abhorrent abominable, appalling, awful, cruel, disgusting

Advice to Management

CLOSE THE COMPANY. GO OUT OF BUSINESS. SHAMEFUL

9. "Live IT, Love IT, Spend IT"

Former Employee - Consultant in Sheffield, England (UK)
    Former Employee - Consultant in Sheffield, England (UK)

I worked at Modis International full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Was a great atmosphere and well looked after by the management. I also received a lot of support when it was needed.

Cons

Adecco seem to meddle too much in the running of the company. Some people in the business were more interested in stealing of each other than winning own business

10. "Recruitment consultant"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Pros

Large databse
    Part of global brand Adecco group

Cons

Outdated contacts
    poor training
    long hours
    old system

Advice to Management

better market definition
    better training