Modis Reviews | Glassdoor

Modis Reviews

Updated March 20, 2017

Full-time Part-time

Pros
  • No cap on commissions and flex schedule to assist with work/life balance (in 20 reviews)

• Modis offered a wonderful training program and leadership will do anything to help you succeed (in 21 reviews)

Cons
  • There is not a lot of work/life balance (in 13 reviews)

• Upper management out of touch with employees (in 15 reviews)

"Great company with great leadership/mentors"

Pros

Worked at Modis at the Detroit branch for just about 2 years and it was a great experience. You have several mentors that have a ton of sales and account management experience. They will go above and beyond to make sure you become better at your job and as a person. The Recruiting Director was a Recruiter not long ago so he understands what it takes to be successful. There are lots of different avenues for advice and mentorship if you are willing to seek it out. Very metrics driven which keeps you on task and offers a transparent view of how you are doing. Overall - great experience in building my career. Would have stayed at Modis if I different want to take my career away from the staffing industry.

Cons

Starting pay is pretty low. BDMs and RDMs should work as a team and one should not considering themselves above the other. You have some egos that are tough to work with. Unfortunately, Modis has a high attrition rate. Expect to not be at Modis forever but you can get some great experience and meet some awesome people.

Advice to Management

Spend less time trying to make corporate changes and implement policies. Spend more time focusing on and enriching the lives of talented employees.

"Dallas office is a joke"

Former Employee - Recruiter in Dallas, TX
    Former Employee - Recruiter in Dallas, TX

I worked at Modis full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

There were some nice people but don't let that fool you. The boss seemed knowledgeable. 42k base salary which isn't bad for beginners.

Cons

Where do I start? Although the boss seemed smart, he was just rude, drank at work, and played grab pass with all the new right out of college girls. They hired me for one position, then completely switched my role. They led me through a super long interview process that had about 4-6 interviews. Which for an entry level recruiter position is ridiculous. Then decided to fire people, but never actually fired. He talked them out of their job so he didn't have to actually fire someone. There was a big power struggle between our boss and our team leader. Not a good place to be

Modis Response

Oct 25, 2016 – Marketing Specialist

Thanks for taking a moment to share your feedback. We understand that a productive and cohesive office culture plays an essential role in the workplace and we never condone inappropriate behavior. We ... More

"sad"

I worked at Modis full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Gave me great experience to move ahead in the market. The people I worked hard with were amazing!

Cons

The pro's seem to be the same from office to office. The cons are the same also. Management views people as sheep. Recruiters are viewed much lower than sales and our branches sales manager and vice president bragged about it.

Advice to Management

Have a conscience. Your words from the top shape our careers and everybody feels put down.

"Resource development manager"

Former Employee - Resource Development Manager in Louisville, KY
    Former Employee - Resource Development Manager in Louisville, KY

I worked at Modis full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Commission structure is decent. Good recruiters will make great money.

Cons

Very male centric. Everything is sport team related .. The business development teams are rewarded by lying about receiving job orders. managing directors promote chaos within recruiting members. My office was extremely sexist and aggressive and the company HR group is a joke.

Advice to Management

Women. If you are hard working and good at what you do you will be judge by your looks And not treated equal with your male counterparts. This is the truth I experienced in my 3 years here.

Modis Response

Oct 24, 2016 – Marketing Specialist

Thanks for taking the time to send your feedback. We understand that company culture plays an essential role in every successful organization, and we’re constantly looking for ways to improve. If you ... More

6. "Sr. Project Manager"

Former Employee - Senior Project Manager in Austin, TX
    Former Employee - Senior Project Manager in Austin, TX

I worked at Modis (More than a year)

Pros

Easy to work with, career development focused on growing skills of team

Cons

Limited work assignments available once initial contract completed

7. "Review"

Pros

Great family type atmosphere at office.

Cons

Not very open when it comes down to termination.

"Very Difficult, but Money Can Be Made"

Pros

This company is extremely metrics driven. Non producers who aren't trying will be singled out and cut pretty quickly. That being said, they work with you a lot and the training is comprehensive. It takes mo that to get good at this and there is a lot of stress and frustration along the way. If you make it through your first year and continue to improve there is A LOT of commission and warning potential. Definitely a place to earn your stripes. Mainly cold calling over the phone so avoid it if you can't bring energy and excitement to those types of scenarios.

Cons

There are a ton of unrealistic metrics in training, leading to fabrication at times. Management can be out of touch with some of their

Advice to Management

Continue to encourage young team members while also being Frank in assessment. Emails and daily stand-ups are redundant and could be reduced.

"Culture sucks"

Former Employee - Manager
    Former Employee - Manager

Pros

Good opportunity to learn technology.
    Commission structure is generous.
    Flexibility.
    Training program is good.

Cons

Getting support is really hard.
    Constantly changing direction in where they want you to go.
    False promises of receiving commission on work you do. (Get everything in writing)
    Too many layers of management and not enough transparency at a branch level.
    No work life balance. If you take PTO, they will still call/ping/email and text you.

Advice to Management

Create more of a inviting culture where you cultivate a sense of belonging. Don't just praise the people who stay late and "save the day", but praise the people who actually know how to manage their time and know how to follow up in a reasonable amount of time and keep everything going so that the day doesn't need to be saved.

10. "Good opportunities, disconnected though"

Current Employee - Desktop Support Technician
    Current Employee - Desktop Support Technician

Pros

Good job opportunities with room for advancement
    Good applicant screening process

Cons

Disconnected from their employees, no real interaction unless it's having to do with payroll or a change that the client wants to make or something negative.

Advice to Management

Pay more attention to your employees on an individual level, more performance reviews, more resources for those who wish to advance in their position/field.

"Metrics driven atmosphere"

I have been working at Modis full-time (More than a year)

Pros

friendly environment when business is good- opportunity to make commission

Cons

metrics, micro managing, no work life balance, high stress environment