Moelis & Co. Vice President Reviews | Glassdoor

Moelis & Co. Chief Executive Officer Ken Moelis
Ken Moelis
1 Rating

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Great Culture, Deal Flow, Exposure to Multiple Industries, Focus on Analyst Development (in 8 reviews)

• Great experience that is much more hands on than other top tier banks (in 5 reviews)

Cons
  • There are certain teams who care very little about your work/life balance, professional development, or general happiness (in 7 reviews)

• Very very long hours, lower bonus (in 9 reviews)

1. "Terrible IT Experience"

Former Employee - Vice President in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Vice President in New York, NY

I worked at Moelis & Co. full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Free pizza and beers on Friday afternoon

Cons

The IT management team is constantly turning over, there are countless outages. I've personally lost data and the IT team has been unable to get it back, literally losing 100s of hours of work.

IT management constantly changes direction, they don't bother to ask the business what the community wants, instead they run with their own agenda, separate to business requirements.

Our IT team is so far behind our competitors, it's not even funny, Windows 7 and Office 2010, ridiculous!

Constantly work 100 hour + weeks, not appreciated by management, no room for advancement, no work life balance.

Advice to Management

Pay attention to your lower-level managers, they're doing more damage than you know.