Mohave Mental Health Clinic Reviews | Glassdoor

1. "Nurse Practitioner"

Current Employee - Nurse Practitioner in Kingman, AZ
    Current Employee - Nurse Practitioner in Kingman, AZ

I have been working at Mohave Mental Health Clinic full-time (More than a year)

Pros

opportunity to make a difference in the lives of individuals challenged with mental illness.

Cons

I love everything about MMHC. Great place to work.

2. "Behavioral Health Clinician with Adult Services"

Former Employee - BHT in Lake Havasu City, AZ
    Former Employee - BHT in Lake Havasu City, AZ

I worked at Mohave Mental Health Clinic full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Able to help community members

Cons

Overall, poor ongoing professional training

Advice to Management

Let an employee know they are appreciated

3. "Great Company, great people to work with, great job overall"

Former Employee - Behavioral Health Para Professional Peer Support Specialist in Bullhead City, AZ

I worked at Mohave Mental Health Clinic (More than a year)

Pros

This is a great job if your looking to enter the mental health field. The hours could not be any better 8-5 Mon-Fri. This is a younger persons job as the physical demands are greater than one would think. Company has an excellent tuition paying program. I saw a 45K check for 1 year of tuition to USC's new on line masters program. We had two people chosen to enroll into the program. All around it is the best vocational environment I have ever worked in.

Cons

This is a self scheduling position so you have no one to blame for nonproductive time. Employee's expected to meet "productivity" requirements of minimum 104 hours a month. There are no real "Cons"..especially if you're young, ambitious and looking for a rewarding life long career.

Advice to Management

N/A

"excellent"

Current Employee - BHPP in Kingman, AZ
    Current Employee - BHPP in Kingman, AZ

I have been working at Mohave Mental Health Clinic full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

This is by far the best company I have ever worked with. My colleagues are supportive and the management is fair.

Cons

Turn over of the BHTs and BHPs is very high. This is probably because of the relatively low salaries the case managers and therapists make. This coupled with the high stress of the jobs make turn over high.

Advice to Management

Offer higher salaries. Do not allow PTO for employees to extend holidays. (The high absenteeism rate due to PTO on an already 3 day weekend makes it very stressful for those of us who actually show up for work.)

"Good company to work for"

Current Employee - Behavioral Health Tech in Kingman, AZ
    Current Employee - Behavioral Health Tech in Kingman, AZ

I have been working at Mohave Mental Health Clinic full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Supportive supervisors and director. I always have the support I need. I have worked at outpatient clinic for over a year and enjoy the supportive and friendly professional environment.

Cons

High turn over at present. Company is working to fill positions and working with employees to give them the support they need.

Advice to Management

New hire's are being given a higher starting wage. This has hurt employee moral for some that have heard of this change in salary that has not been given to existing employees.

"GREAT COWORKERS CORRUPT NEW UPPER MANAGEMENT AT ADMIN BUILDING"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Kingman, AZ
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Kingman, AZ

I worked at Mohave Mental Health Clinic full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

I enjoyed the PTO and the people I worked with loved my job always told the truth and worked my butt off for the company until a change of management. And if you are a liar you stay forever with the company if not you can forget lasting there til retirement.

Cons

Upper management and their assistants are the most corrupt people you could meet its a who you know and hang out with company that if you are not in the circle of liars. And overpaid people who do nothing but cause drama and when you follow the chain of command it gets even more hostile. If you are late on your recommendation you are pretty much going to be terminated. Upper management does not want you move up in the company so don't expect it. Also forget about being healthy your blood pressure will go up, you will be stressed out every day, you will be overworked!

Advice to Management

Try realizing how to run a company not look on a computer and think you are the expert when you do not know what goes on in the daily process of the company! You cannot sit at computer and then think to downsize staff and expect people to do double there work and ignore what they have to say in staff meetings when they are on the front line seeing what really goes on.

"untrustworthy"

Current Employee - Charge RN in Kingman, AZ
    Current Employee - Charge RN in Kingman, AZ

I have been working at Mohave Mental Health Clinic full-time (More than a year)

Pros

none, Administration makes false promises. High MD and NP turnover. Miserable work environment. Pro: At least every 6 months there is an open position for MD or NP. Don't count on them keeping-better to plan on an exit after 5.5 months. Have another job lined up if you choose this one.

Cons

high NP & MD & Nurse turn over. Poor PR with KRMC. Hiring Locum Tenums and agency from outside of Mohave County to keep barley staffed. Excellent staff are told lies, used then fired. All nursing staff is afraid of looseing their jobs. When staff is lost, remaining staff are counting their blessings and desperately trying to keep the target off of their own backs. Very unstable and lots of unnecessary stress. Hard to watch good people suffer and not trust administration.

Advice to Management

Beware, company is trying to save money at your expense and will fire you just before you have met their requirement for insurance. Dishonest lure of benefits. Undependable administration.

"Do not consider joining MMHC!"

Pros

Can't come up with anything.

Cons

Overworked staff given more job duties daily.

Advice to Management

Try to at least pretend you care a little about your employees.