Mohawk Industries Reviews | Glassdoor

2.0
Mohawk Industries Chairman, President, and CEO Jeffrey S. Lorberbaum
Jeffrey S. Lorberbaum

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Family oriented, good pay scale (in 20 reviews)

• The pay is decent (if you work in an office position) (in 9 reviews)

Cons
  • Upper management won't listen to suggestions (in 19 reviews)

• Too many people that try to get ahead merely by sabotaging others rather than skill and hard work (in 5 reviews)

1. "Account Support Specialist"

Current Employee - Account Support Specialist in Dalton, GA
    Current Employee - Account Support Specialist in Dalton, GA

I have been working at Mohawk Industries full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Most of my co-workers and customers are really nice people and pleasant to be around. Enjoy the job.

Cons

Mohawk will do anything for a dollar. Watch out when they're trying to cut costs at the of the year. Everybody's job is in jeopardy. They keep close track of all errors you commit but rarely offer "atta boys!"

Advice to Management

Take care of the people that take care of you. Streamline processes. Train your sales people (they are their own worst enemy). Listen to your employees in the trenches who know how it actually works vs. how upper management thinks it works. Fix technical issues that create errors and needless re-work.

2. "Good Pay...Nothing More."

Former Employee - Material Handler
    Former Employee - Material Handler

I worked at Mohawk Industries full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

- The pay is good.
    - Life, health, vision,dental, STD, LTD, 401K
    - PLENTY of overtime, if that is what you are looking for...

Cons

- Work environment is extremely hot and fast.
    - I have watched the workload triple in the few years I have been there with only a small raise added each year.
    - Upper management won't listen to suggestions.
    - No concrete employee handbook or set of policies to follow.
    - Nepotism, mandatory OT and disorganization are rampant right now due to being short staffed.
    - No holidays off...this includes Christmas.
    - Teamwork is no where to be found. I saw more people work against each other than with each other.
    - The company needs to hire more people and understand why the turnover rate is so high.

Advice to Management

Your people make the difference. They are your most important assets. LISTEN TO THEM! Ignoring their needs is the biggest reason they are leaving and looking elsewhere. Even general laborers have a voice and needs that need to be met. They are PEOPLE after all...not numbers and machines.

3. "Maintenence"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Gettysburg, PA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Gettysburg, PA

I have been working at Mohawk Industries full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

It's a job not a life long goal

Cons

No chance for advancement and people here with less time getting paid more than veterans employees....

Advice to Management

Wake up and pay your 15 plus year people better....

Jul 6, 2017 – Employment Brand Manager

Thank you for taking the time to share. Since we have limited information to address your concerns and there may be specific things we can improve upon, we encourage you to either contact your HR... More

4. "Company can be better"

Current Employee - Employee in Mount Gilead, NC
    Current Employee - Employee in Mount Gilead, NC

I have been working at Mohawk Industries full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

You get hours, rarely short work weeks. Employees are great.

Cons

Expect to much for the pay given, greedy w/raises. Look somewhere else.

Advice to Management

Start showing your employees that they do matter. We're the ones who make that company run.

Jul 6, 2017 – Employment Brand Manager

Thank you for sharing your feedback. Our employees are our most valuable asset. We encourage you to have an open dialogue with your Manager or HR Representative to discuss any concerns you may have... More

5. "Too much favoritism and BS"

Former Employee - Shift Leader in Thomasville, NC
    Former Employee - Shift Leader in Thomasville, NC

I worked at Mohawk Industries full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Pays well but they expect too much from too little staff

Cons

Don't care about ur personal life

Advice to Management

Management all levels are straight up a-holes! Not happy unless u r miserable... no communication- expect u to know what's going on - change planning without advanced notice during a run... pathetic favoritism

6. "cheap"

Current Employee - Delivery Driver
    Current Employee - Delivery Driver

I have been working at Mohawk Industries full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

The pay is good, but that's all they can offer you. a pay check. they are the highest paying flooring company and have decent benefits

Cons

the are a micro managing company, and they are CHEAP when it comes to equipment that employees need to use to get the job done properly and safely. not to mention they really don't give a crap about the employee. They shove safety down your throats with videos and daily safety topics etc.. but when it comes down to it. if you need proper equipment to do the job safely . forget it they will go the cheapest route to replace or repair equipment. forklifts out dated, trailers over 15yrs old and instead of replacing them. they try to refurbish. then take 6 months to pay the repair shop. uniforms cheap. and there are no incentives for any employee unless your a VP or higher. all they care about is the stock holders. not the people who bust their butts daily to make them money.

Advice to Management

Treat your employees as if they make a difference and they will!!! Safety can be expensive, but a human being life and their families can be damaged for a life time just by saving a few bucks. Stop being so cheap and give the employees what they need to make the customer happy and for the employee to go home safely each night. This company use to value their employees which gave them the drive to come to work. for the past 5 years every employee that I have talk to have said they hate this place or has quit. and remember WITH OUT YOUR EMPLOYEES THERE WOULD BE NO MOHAWK!!!!!!

7. "The most important assets are your employees."

Current Employee - Lift Truck Operator in Glasgow, VA
    Current Employee - Lift Truck Operator in Glasgow, VA

I have been working at Mohawk Industries full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

The longevity of Mohawk, operating through many years during uncertain economic times is the best quality of the company. Sustainable employment is always going to be an advantage to seeking employment here; at a very hefty price.

Cons

However, after being employed at Mohawk I soon realized creating sustainable employment is not what Mohawk is interested in at all. With an unfair point system in place it is apparent the employees at Mohawk are treated as machinery. People have illnesses from time to time, family issues that arise without warning, and no vacation time until after a year. I have worked for Mohawk for many years in the past and I have seen employees take advantage of attendance prior to the point system but it is wrong to punish everyone for those employees actions. People get sick, and if safety is so high and mighty any employer would not require its employees to come in with a condition potentially causing them to accidentally intrude on the zero tolerance policy. With such strict rules in place I am amazed Mohawk is able to retain any new hires for longer than 6 months; not even a doctor's note spares employees from being given a point against them. Not to mention any of a number of reasons points can be distributed, such as messing up; again we are humans and humans do mess up from time to time.

Advice to Management

I have previously offered advice to implement a company wide, to include shipping department, Southern swing shift, just as tile cutting and maintenance currently have in place. Look at these jobs closely, are there any issues with poor attendance? I would think not, considering both of these departments work a schedule allowing them to have ample time off. I have since received an answer to my previous posting of this matter stating it would be looked into, but nothing has changed. It has been my own personal experience, previously working for an employer implementing a Southern swing shift, to obtain a perfect attendance record; I know that it works. In addition, not only was poor attendance not an issue but the quality and quantity of work performed improved immensely among all employees. Obviously, while the company enjoyed the benefits of operating 24/7 and retaining experienced workers, the schedule is an incentive for employees to work harder to keep it.

8. "Poor management half the team work other half don't"

I worked at Mohawk Industries full-time

Pros

Nothing I wouldn't recommend anything

Cons

Insurance is a joke you only off the day of the holiday which is 5 total.

Mar 16, 2017 – Employment Brand Manager

Thank you for your feedback. Since we have limited information to address your concerns and there may have been specific things we could have evaluated. We also encourages employees to reach out to... More

9. "Production Supervisor"

I worked at Mohawk Industries full-time

Pros

Great benefits, Cell Phone Discounts

Cons

Lack of Leadership involvement and opportunities for growth within the organization.

10. "Would be a nice place to build a Carpet Mill"

Former Employee - Management Associate in Dalton, GA
    Former Employee - Management Associate in Dalton, GA

I worked at Mohawk Industries (More than 8 years)

Pros

It was employment that at first seemed diverse and ethically sound.

Cons

Recruiting is totally out of touch with internal candidates and some have their own agenda's. One even ran their own placement firm until 2014 while working as a recruiter at this company. During that time very few candidates were considered internally for jobs in that division. Overqualified seems to be a key word that defines inability or unwillingness to pay an individual what their education and experience dictates. Flip Flop standards for jobs. One year a job requires a 4 year degree and pays well, this year it pays nothing and requires a high school education. Associate program hires more than they can place and is unable to help employees stuck with nowhere to go. Unless you are willing to work for far less than area pay range for position, go elsewhere. Opportunities are not that plentiful unless you are willing to work third shift for most of your time waiting for someone to leave and hoping the job is filled. Total lack of conviction for its employees and their growth. Terrible attitude in its management who seem to have no idea what direction is up or why they are even performing their tasks. Expect to know more than the management you work for if you possess even a basic education. HR and Recruiting along with Upper Management needs to take a good long look at their current system and revamp with all new people. No accountability is seen by Recruiting or Hiring Managers who seem to be on different planets at times. Half of job descriptions are not even accurate.

Advice to Management

Fix your recruiting department and treat your internal employees better when it comes to job opportunities before you recruit from outside the company. Get internal departments on the same page and not working against each other. Some competition is healthy, but this was a joke. As I said in the opening line. This would be a good place to build a true carpet company.

Jul 25, 2016 – Employment Brand Manager

Thanks for sharing your feedback. We'll be sure to share this information with our Leadership.