Mohawk Industries Employee Reviews about "mohawk"

Updated Oct 12, 2021

Found 44 of over 706 reviews

3.6
Mohawk Industries Chairman, President, and CEO Jeffrey S. Lorberbaum
Jeffrey S. Lorberbaum

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
  • "The pay was good for what I did(in 84 reviews)
  • "Great benefits great people you have a clinic to go to.(in 48 reviews)
  • "Great people and laid back(in 39 reviews)
  • "Company gas card and great coworkers.(in 12 reviews)
  • "workers and salary were both good.(in 9 reviews)
Cons
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of Mohawk Industries and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?

Reviews about "mohawk"

Return to all Reviews
  1. 5.0
    Former Employee

Review

Jul 25, 2021 - Any Position in Scottsboro, AL
    Business Outlook

Pros

Mohawk was a good company to work for and had wonderful benefits.

Cons

There was poor management and communication

2. 3.0
    Former Employee, more than 5 years

Good Place to Work

Oct 12, 2021 - Safety Specialist in Dalton, GA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Mohawk pushes safety and makes it a priority.

Cons

Salaries are not comparable to other similar companies.

3. 4.0
    Current Employee

Great Company - Reliant on good RVP and region

Apr 12, 2021 - Account Executive in Boston, MA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Company car and very good company culture. Mohawk supports career growth. Not a company that micro-manages.

Cons

Competition from your own reps for accounts and orders.

1 person found this review helpful
  4. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

Great Company

Feb 3, 2021 - Territory Manager in Phoenix, AZ
    Business Outlook

Pros

Mohawk truly cares about their employees

Cons

It's a large company so sometimes it takes more time to get answers to questions

5. 3.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

Territory Manager

Apr 12, 2021 - Territory Manager in Jacksonville, FL
    Business Outlook

Pros

Make my own schedule, and good products.

Cons

Upper management is out of the loop. Mohawk makes things ridicule for customers to do business with them.

6. 3.0
    Former Employee, more than 3 years

Challenging work but unethical company

Jan 25, 2020 - Vice President in Calhoun, GA
    Business Outlook

Pros

My first impression of Mohawk was good because I worked with a great in-house recruiter. Additionally, they had a good onboarding program. Also, they have a good HR info management system so that I could immediately see and understand my organization, my benefits, etc., During my time there, I had challenging work and was able to build upon the experience I gained for a better job with another company. Some of the people that I worked with were capable, smart, and motivated. The leader of our organization fired people that didn't pull their weight. I don't like to see people fired but these people had to go because they didn't work.

Cons

Unfortunately, Mohawk engages in unethical business practices. Even though I applied for a job in Marietta, I was told shortly after I accepted the job that my office would be in Calhoun. The job was going well and eventually I was told that I received a promotion to another level. However, I later discovered that I was given a fake title and my position had not changed in the HR management system. This type of unethical practice is rampant here.

2 people found this review helpful
  7. 1.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

Corporate Entry Level

Dec 10, 2019 - Anonymous Employee in Calhoun, GA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Pay is higher than other entry levels roles, so good initial jump in your career. The company offices are located in great small towns. Great places to start/raise a family.

Cons

There is very minimal to no diversity in any of the departments at HQ or Dalton offices. We are talking 1:25 ratio. If you are a minority, you will feel like outcast. Representation matters and sadly Mohawk is not representing that very well for young minority professionals. If you think you can grab drinks with coworkers this is not the place to find that kind of environment. The morale of this company is very old school and conservative. During my tenure at this company, not once did my leadership team ever wish our department happy holiday nor really care to build personal relationships. Their turnover with young adults is not the best. Usually everyone stays for a year or two then ventures out.

5 people found this review helpful
  8. 4.0
    Former Employee, more than 3 years

Great company to work for!

Sep 25, 2018 - Tufting Machine Operator in Lyerly, GA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Mohawk takes pride in the safety of their employees over anything. They always ensure you have the proper PPE for any job you may be doing. Working for Mohawk ind. was a great opportunity and had really good pay. Though they pay you well they do expect you to put your best into every hour you work because without you their would be no production.

Cons

Working for a manufacturing plant it takes every single employees job to make sure you can run your job efficiently if you don’t have co-workers that are willing to do their part it makes for a harder night on you because not nonly do you have the task of your job you have to help them catch theirs up so yours can run that’s one of the biggest downfalls.

Employment Brand Manager

Thank you for sharing your feedback. Our employees are our most valuable asset. We encourage you to have an open dialogue with your Manager or HR Representative to discuss any concerns you may have on areas where we may improve upon. We value your input and welcome any ideas you may want to share with your leadership team. We have also shared your concerns on here with the HR leadership team.

9. 3.0
    Current Employee, more than 5 years

Management Needs alot of improvement!

May 30, 2018 - Machine Operator in Thomasville, NC
    Business Outlook

Pros

Benefits some what OK, could be a whole lot better though. Got some good people in management that aren't liars and wanting to go threw employees personal belongings. Even some shift leads that really work instead of causing drama.

Cons

There is no communication between management or departments.Management really sucks, and tell you only what they think you should hear just so will get off their back. The cameras they have it reminds me of a prison or a adult daycare. They should get off their butt and out from behind the desk reading email the send to each other and the other person being in the next room. Suck laziness. They should have the cameras watching them. Then just maybe they would do their jobs better. Supervisor or shift leads telling lies on employees and other supervisor or shift leads sneaking and going threw your personal belongings and caught on camera and HR does nothing. You know that's a hellaish lawsuit. I had a business at one time, and treated my employees well. I got better and quality work out of them. And then you got some employees at Mohawk who just could care less about their jobs because of management.

2 people found this review helpful

Employment Brand Manager

Thank you for sharing your feedback with us. We strive to provide an inclusive and accepting work environment for all. We would like to investigate your claim, but need more information to do so. Employees are encouraged to contact their HR Representative or call Mohawk’s confidential employee hotline to report any suspected violations. The hotline number can be found on page 49 of the employee guide which is accessible to all employees online through MyMohawk > Links > Employee Guide.

10. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 10 years

Great Place to be in Sales!

Dec 22, 2016 - Territory Manager in Tremont, IL
    Business Outlook

Pros

Tons of freedom as a TM. Mgmt gives you the power and decision making ability. Mhk provides superior products, excellent customer service, and the best logistics system in the industry to deliver the goods to your customers. They train you then they let you go. If you are the type of person that works hard all the time you can have a very financially rewarding career here. Most of the other reviews say the same thing - the compensation plan is great as long as you are willing to work hard all the time. A TM at Mohawk is similar to owning a franchise - the TM is the face of the company in his/her territory. No limits on commissions!

Cons

Same as any commission job - you can overwork yourself. Vacations are not looked at favorably by mgmt. Takes longer to earn vacation time than many other large companies and they aren't even guaranteed paid vacations it's commission pay so if you take a vacation and don't sell anything you're out. Sometimes the road gets lonely, etc etc.

1 person found this review helpful

Employment Brand Manager

Thanks for taking the time to share feedback with us. Glad to hear that you're proud to be a part of the Mohawk team. We couldn't be #1 in our industry without hardworking, loyal employees like you! We'll also share your thoughts with management regarding vacation, as it is important to have a healthy work-life balance especially when it comes to getting some R&R to recharge.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 44 Reviews