Mohr Partners Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

2.6
Robert A. Mohr

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Real Estate Portfolio Account Manager"

Former Employee - Real Estate Portfolio Account Manager in Eden Prairie, MN
    Former Employee - Real Estate Portfolio Account Manager in Eden Prairie, MN

I worked at Mohr Partners full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Very well structured and organized. Upper Management is receptive to new ideas.

Cons

None - good working environment and upper management was easily accessible.

2. "Good place to work!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Mohr Partners full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Great people to work with. Flexible schedule offers great work/life balance. Managers do not micromanage and trusts their employees to get the job done.

Cons

Little room for growth.

Advice to Management

In efforts to retain talent, management needs to provide more advancement opportunities.

"Poor Management"

I worked at Mohr Partners full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I can find little to no nice things to say about my experience at Mohr Partners.

Cons

Management does not trust their employees, as they monitor their activity constantly via their IT guy. Work-life balance is non-existent. Management refuses to allow over time to most employees, but texts you on weekends needing you to do work related tasks off the clock, with no thanks or apology. Expect back handed comments from management, and a genuine lack of concern for being professional.

Advice to Management

Management needs to not be "in the family". When your job is HR, but you're more concerned with your appearance rather than the morale in the office, it's time to go.

"Account Exec"

I worked at Mohr Partners full-time

Pros

It is a job. Good people. The best people don't stick around long.

Cons

If you are in the family then you are taken care of. It is difficult to pitch services as companies have been over-called and hang up or shut down sales people making calls.

"Terrible place to be..."

Current Employee - Anonym in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Anonym in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Mohr Partners full-time (More than a year)

Pros

This is a place you can be and make very little money while you work on finding a real job. That's exactly what I did. The 2 "positive" reviews below mine are fake and were done by the people in the marketing department in a desperate attempt to fix their image. Do yourself a favor and stay far away.

Cons

The management is TERRIBLE. 90% don't even know what the people they are managing do on a daily basis. The place is run by fear and based on if certain people like you or not. It doesn't matter if you are great at your job, if your not part of their clique. This company breaks so many employment laws even I could sue them for very nice amount, and win. Thankfully I got a better offer and run my own store so I don't leaving there was practically painless for me.They treat and micro-manage people terribly, and you will get a all from the admin if you clock in 3-4 minutes late or early from lunch. The turnover is incredible, someone leaves the company everyday. The pay is also extremely low, and since they have such high turnover, you're likely to have to work a lot of extra hours with no pay. Do not spend your days like this, life is to short. Find something better, there are so many companies that are so much better!

Advice to Management

Fire all of them, and hire people with actual degrees, experience, and qualifications. Also learn how to work and communicate with people and treat them well. At least 3 employees cursed out managers (out loud and in front of the whole office) before waking out.

"Great Staff, Should Pay More"

Current Employee - Administrative Assistant in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Administrative Assistant in New York, NY

I have been working at Mohr Partners full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Volunteer opportunities, Ping Pong, Monthly lunches, and massages. You feel supported by your team and immediate supervisors for the most part.

Cons

Compensation not being equal to amount of work has caused them to lose quite a few employees. The highest up the ladder seem to struggle to understand that while massages are nice, we would also like to be compensated appropriately, especially if promoted. Family owned businesses are tricky because it's much harder to cut the cord of poisoned sections.

Advice to Management

Re-evaluate the yearly budgets for more bonus/raise opportunities within departments. Re-evaluate what it means to be a family business, and what it means to be a for-profit business, because how it's being run now is costing you in major turn-over.

7. "Marketing Coordinator"

Current Employee - Marketing Coordinator in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Marketing Coordinator in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Mohr Partners full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

My experience at Mohr Partners has been great so far. I enjoy working here. My supervisor, Paula Nodwell, the Director of Marketing, challenges me, but she is easy to work with. My co-workers are great. This is a very friendly and family type environment. I am offered a competitive salary with growth opportunity. I love what they are doing in the community for the children's organization, Jonathan's Place. I enjoy the monthly staff lunches and the bi-monthly complimentary massages. Nice perks. Nice benefits package. The office is actually close to my home, so I like that I don't have a long commute. Mohr Partners is centrally located off the North Dallas Tollway.

Cons

I really don't have any complaints. I am blessed to have such a great opportunity to work for a great company!

Advice to Management

Keep doing what your doing!

8. "Business Development Manager"

Current Employee - Business Development Manager in Seattle, WA
    Current Employee - Business Development Manager in Seattle, WA

I have been working at Mohr Partners (More than a year)

Pros

Great company to work for and wonderful people to be associated with. Unique and desirable position as far as services offered. Are able to really make a name for yourself and a lot of money in the process.

Cons

Tough business to master. Takes time, requires a lot of patients and persistence to develop a book of business and referrals.

Advice to Management

I would recommend more up front training in the sense of having a new person who is green to the industry be tested through mock calls, conversations etc to become affluent to conversations.

"Not the best communication from managers but it'll do for a stepping stone. The reviews speak for themselves."

Former Employee - Portfolio Services
    Former Employee - Portfolio Services

I worked at Mohr Partners full-time (More than a year)

Pros

- Very open when it comes to hiring practices.

Cons

- Management is not good about staying in communication when employees are off site
    - Too much of a "family" operation but it is attempting to change that. Slowly.
    - No clear career paths. Not the place to be if you're trying to move up in something other than brokerage.
    - Salaries aren't the greatest for non-brokerage personnel.
    - The best people will leave due to boredom and nowhere to go. Competition with the big giants in the industry is taking its toll on the company, forcing it to cut corners when it comes to employee support. Clients can and will see the results of this.
    - IT support services are outsourced and are extremely slow when assisting employees.

Advice to Management

- Have managers create clearer career paths for employees. People will eventually leave if they cannot see where they can going within the company or their departments.

"Expect to be poor for awhile"

Current Employee - Account Executive
    Current Employee - Account Executive

I have been working at Mohr Partners full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Flexible work schedule and nice co-workers.

Cons

Upper management doesn't provide a lot of tools for success. It takes at least a year to make any money on commission.

Advice to Management

Be realistic at time of hire about how long it takes to make money