Mohr Partners Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-time Part-time

2.6
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Robert A. Mohr

1. "Real Estate Portfolio Account Manager"

Former Employee - Real Estate Portfolio Account Manager in Eden Prairie, MN
    Former Employee - Real Estate Portfolio Account Manager in Eden Prairie, MN

I worked at Mohr Partners full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Very well structured and organized. Upper Management is receptive to new ideas.

Cons

None - good working environment and upper management was easily accessible.

2. "Good place to work!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Mohr Partners full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Great people to work with. Flexible schedule offers great work/life balance. Managers do not micromanage and trusts their employees to get the job done.

Cons

Little room for growth.

Advice to Management

In efforts to retain talent, management needs to provide more advancement opportunities.

"Terrible place to be..."

Current Employee - Anonym in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Anonym in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Mohr Partners full-time (More than a year)

Pros

This is a place you can be and make very little money while you work on finding a real job. That's exactly what I did. The 2 "positive" reviews below mine are fake and were done by the people in the marketing department in a desperate attempt to fix their image. Do yourself a favor and stay far away.

Cons

The management is TERRIBLE. 90% don't even know what the people they are managing do on a daily basis. The place is run by fear and based on if certain people like you or not. It doesn't matter if you are great at your job, if your not part of their clique. This company breaks so many employment laws even I could sue them for very nice amount, and win. Thankfully I got a better offer and run my own store so I don't leaving there was practically painless for me.They treat and micro-manage people terribly, and you will get a all from the admin if you clock in 3-4 minutes late or early from lunch. The turnover is incredible, someone leaves the company everyday. The pay is also extremely low, and since they have such high turnover, you're likely to have to work a lot of extra hours with no pay. Do not spend your days like this, life is to short. Find something better, there are so many companies that are so much better!

Advice to Management

Fire all of them, and hire people with actual degrees, experience, and qualifications. Also learn how to work and communicate with people and treat them well. At least 3 employees cursed out managers (out loud and in front of the whole office) before waking out.

"Great Staff, Should Pay More"

Current Employee - Administrative Assistant in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Administrative Assistant in New York, NY

I have been working at Mohr Partners full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Volunteer opportunities, Ping Pong, Monthly lunches, and massages. You feel supported by your team and immediate supervisors for the most part.

Cons

Compensation not being equal to amount of work has caused them to lose quite a few employees. The highest up the ladder seem to struggle to understand that while massages are nice, we would also like to be compensated appropriately, especially if promoted. Family owned businesses are tricky because it's much harder to cut the cord of poisoned sections.

Advice to Management

Re-evaluate the yearly budgets for more bonus/raise opportunities within departments. Re-evaluate what it means to be a family business, and what it means to be a for-profit business, because how it's being run now is costing you in major turn-over.

6. "Marketing Coordinator"

Current Employee - Marketing Coordinator in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Marketing Coordinator in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Mohr Partners full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

My experience at Mohr Partners has been great so far. I enjoy working here. My supervisor, Paula Nodwell, the Director of Marketing, challenges me, but she is easy to work with. My co-workers are great. This is a very friendly and family type environment. I am offered a competitive salary with growth opportunity. I love what they are doing in the community for the children's organization, Jonathan's Place. I enjoy the monthly staff lunches and the bi-monthly complimentary massages. Nice perks. Nice benefits package. The office is actually close to my home, so I like that I don't have a long commute. Mohr Partners is centrally located off the North Dallas Tollway.

Cons

I really don't have any complaints. I am blessed to have such a great opportunity to work for a great company!

Advice to Management

Keep doing what your doing!

7. "Business Development Manager"

Current Employee - Business Development Manager in Seattle, WA
    Current Employee - Business Development Manager in Seattle, WA

I have been working at Mohr Partners (More than a year)

Pros

Great company to work for and wonderful people to be associated with. Unique and desirable position as far as services offered. Are able to really make a name for yourself and a lot of money in the process.

Cons

Tough business to master. Takes time, requires a lot of patients and persistence to develop a book of business and referrals.

Advice to Management

I would recommend more up front training in the sense of having a new person who is green to the industry be tested through mock calls, conversations etc to become affluent to conversations.

"Not a good place...there are too many amazing companies...you owe yourself more."

Former Employee - Administrative in Dallas, TX
    Former Employee - Administrative in Dallas, TX

Pros

- Recently company went over and changed the PTO- they offer 10 Holidays paid (Use to be 8) and 3 weeks PTO after completion of your 1st year (Use to be 2 weeks until the end of your 5th year)...really nice associates to work with.

Cons

- Not a good place to work AT ALL, went downhill while I was there

- People are NOT happy at this company, very low morale

- Management is not educated in how to run a company

- Chairman is a money chaser and will pull the rug out from underneath you if it means him getting one more dollar (Family ran company)

- There is not a work / personal life balance

- Compensation is not fair to the amount of responsibilities that are put on people (people are over loaded with work to say the least because money to hire more support will take away from how much money is left in the company at the end of the day)

- Because the company revised the PTO time they are under the impression you owe them

- Management is not truthful and will not take care of negative situations

- When letting go of someone there is no respect during the process, HR is very rude and not professional, people who have worked hard for years have no job security, I saw 3 people have no idea that their job was in danger which was management positions and they were let go without warning; if you leave voluntarily management take it as a personal attack and will treat you differently for the rest of you stay there

- It does not matter if you stay an hour late every day, you better be there 5 minutes early the next business day – you DO NOT make your own schedule here if you are an employee, there is “FLEX SCHEDULE” which to Mohr means you pick either 8-5, 8:30-5:30 or 9-6 and that is your work schedule until you notify management to change it for whatever reason.

Advice to Management

It is a lost cause....only suggestion is to take responsibility, change your actions so you you don't keep making the same mistakes. Replace some of the management before you lose the company...however since it is a family owned company I don't see this taking place.

"Brokerage Internship"

Former Employee - Intern in Dallas, TX
    Former Employee - Intern in Dallas, TX

Pros

-Fun People
    -Entrepreneurial Environment
    -Make Your Own Hours

Cons

-Low Base Salary
    -Little Change In Job Responsibilities
    -Sink Or Swim Mentality

Advice to Management

Offer a better base salary for new brokers. 25K is hard to live off while you are trying to build your contacts.

10. "Not the best communication from managers but it'll do for a stepping stone. The reviews speak for themselves."

Former Employee - Portfolio Services
    Former Employee - Portfolio Services

I worked at Mohr Partners full-time (More than a year)

Pros

- Very open when it comes to hiring practices.

Cons

- Management is not good about staying in communication when employees are off site
    - Too much of a "family" operation but it is attempting to change that. Slowly.
    - No clear career paths. Not the place to be if you're trying to move up in something other than brokerage.
    - Salaries aren't the greatest for non-brokerage personnel.
    - The best people will leave due to boredom and nowhere to go. Competition with the big giants in the industry is taking its toll on the company, forcing it to cut corners when it comes to employee support. Clients can and will see the results of this.
    - IT support services are outsourced and are extremely slow when assisting employees.

Advice to Management

- Have managers create clearer career paths for employees. People will eventually leave if they cannot see where they can going within the company or their departments.

"Poor Management"

I worked at Mohr Partners full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I can find little to no nice things to say about my experience at Mohr Partners.

Cons

Management does not trust their employees, as they monitor their activity constantly via their IT guy. Work-life balance is non-existent. Management refuses to allow over time to most employees, but texts you on weekends needing you to do work related tasks off the clock, with no thanks or apology. Expect back handed comments from management, and a genuine lack of concern for being professional.

Advice to Management

Management needs to not be "in the family". When your job is HR, but you're more concerned with your appearance rather than the morale in the office, it's time to go.