Mojio Reviews | Glassdoor

Mojio Reviews

Updated 14 Jul 2019

Found 24 reviews

3.7
Mojio CEO Kenny Hawk (no image)
Kenny Hawk
  1. "Great place to work. Exciting space to be in!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Palo Alto, CA

I have been working at Mojio full-time for less than a year

Pros

- Love the place and the people. Feels good coming in to work everyday - Great company culture. Everyone seems to be really smart, kind and helpful - Very strong leadership team striking new partnerships every other day - In a hot space (Connected car / IoT) with lots of players involved. Opportunities are endless.

Cons

Not really an issue for me, but there are some growing pains (which is good) and the management team has a plan to deal with it.

Advice to Management

Keep your hustle on - we got this!

Mojio2017-03-09
  2. "Mojio Accelerates Careers!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Palo Alto, CA

I have been working at Mojio full-time for more than a year

Pros

I can honestly say that I believe in the people, the strategy and the opportunity. We are going to do big things in the connected car space and I wouldn't want to be anywhere else. Boundless Opportunity: Working at Mojio is one of those once-in-a-lifetime kind of opportunities. This isn't just another startup; this is a high growth company on the verge of greatness. We're building technology that can connect... hundreds of millions of vehicles around the world and help pave the way towards the autonomous vehicles of the future. If cars, connectivity, big data and/or the Internet of Things excite you, then this is the place to be! Customers, Partners & Investors: Not only are we working with some of the best consumer brands on the planet (see Deutsche Telekom and T-Mobile SyncUP DRIVE), but we're also partnering with the likes of SAP, Google and Amazon Alexa (plus others that I can't share publicly). The icing on top is that we are well funded by experienced investors who understand our technology and believe in our vision. It just feels good! Strong Culture: The Canadian/American cultural hybrid is a powerful and unique combination. My personal experience at Mojio can be described with words such as challenging, energetic, creative and fulfilling. The company has given me the opportunity to grow both professionally and personally. It's the kind of place where delivering on your promise and being a team player is more heavily valued than playing politics or "just showing up". The company uses an established and effective executive strategic planning system to align our team, keep us focused and help us execute. It's working! Global Reach: I absolutely love the fact that we have offices in Palo Alto, CA and Vancouver, BC (two of the best places to live in the world) and a growing base of customers in North America and Europe. The opportunity for business travel and industry conferences is fantastic, if you like that sort of thing. We'll also be opening an office in Prague which is really exciting. Growing Team: Moving forward with each new hire, the team at Mojio is getting stronger and more effective. The executive leadership is fully committed to hiring driven and talented team players. I feel fortunate to be working with and learning from so many experienced people. I doubt I'd have this kind of access and mentorship at a larger company. If you're reading this and feeling aligned, don't hesitate to reach out to our team and come say hi in person. We're friendly like that!

Cons

- The office space could use a minor "Mojio" face lift and a draft beer tap ;)

Advice to Management

Hire only the best candidates and keep improving internal communication.

Mojio2017-03-08
  3. "Innovative and fast moving company!"

I have been working at Mojio full-time

Pros

- Fun and exciting startup culture and work environment - Respect and follow agile best practices - Engaged and responsive leadership team - Conduct real UX research and infuse findings into products (which is rare!)

Cons

- Bay Area traffic can be challenging!

Advice to Management

Keep driving up to lead the connected car space!

Mojio2017-03-07
  4. "Great growth company in a hot space!"

Current Employee - Software Engineer in Palo Alto, CA

I have been working at Mojio full-time

Pros

Really hot happening space. Fantastic opportunities and great growth for a small company of this size. Very exciting work

Cons

None other than usual demanding customers who want more and more

Mojio2017-02-23

"Best employer of my career so far"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Vancouver, BC

I have been working at Mojio full-time for less than a year

Pros

This is a company with momentum. I’ve never worked in a place with such clear goals that everyone understands and works towards. Sure, the goals are big and change from quarter to quarter, but that’s what keeps things interesting. The leadership team is decisive and motivated, and as an employee (and optionholder) that is exactly what I want to see. There is a culture here of individual responsibility. That’s... not fluff; it really does feel like everyone has a real interest in moving the company forward rather than just being along for the ride. This one thing has a very big positive impact on the day-to-day work atmosphere. You would have to search very hard to find a Vancouver company that matches the perks that Mojio provides. Lunches, company outings, good vacation policy and big referral bonuses are some of them. The generous per-person budget for professional education is another. There is flexibility with work location and hours. All in all, I feel well taken care of. Career growth is super important to me, and I feel there are solid opportunities at Mojio. I know it’ll be up to me to carve out my own path and step up, but that’s what startup life is all about — there’s no defined ladder. In my time here (less than a year) I’ve seen a number of people take on new leadership positions, which is a great signal that Mojio promotes from within.

Cons

This is not a con, but it is something to keep in mind: Mojio is a startup. Like any startup, the pace is fast and priorities change often. Anyone joining Mojio should look forward to some uncertainty, because along with that goes the excitement of building something cool. The current Vancouver office (Howe Street) is a bit too small for the number of people working there, but that will change in July 2019 when... we move to our new office.

Mojio2019-06-03

"Great Company"

in Vancouver, BC

I have been working at Mojio

Pros

Friendly coworkers. Lots of perks in the office, including catered lunch and snacks. The work environment is nice and the work is intellectually stimulating but not too overwhelming.

Cons

The organizational structure is a little too flat, sometimes it is difficult to find someone to report to.

Mojio2018-02-09

"Great co-workers, not so great work life balance"

I worked at Mojio full-time

Pros

Great people to work with, a lot of great perks, exciting work in certain aspects, office space/location is ideal

Cons

execs sometimes take on too many requests, overwhelming engineering team, leading to blame game, work life balance is not so great, long hours for deadlines unrealistic time frames for tasks

Mojio2017-10-06

"Technical Support"

Former Employee - Technical Support Specialist in Vancouver, BC

I worked at Mojio full-time for more than a year

Pros

Profitable exit more likely than not.

Cons

People have value. Stanford did not instruct an MBA grad how to factor human input into an equation where unbridled truth could be rendered by Glass Door.

Mojio2017-09-22

Mojio Response

November 9, 2017CEO

I believe a good person in the wrong role or wrong company needs to be liberated as fast as possible. The person will be happier and more productive in a role/company that better suits them. In the time since this technical support person was liberated we have resolved tickets faster ...

9. "LOVE IT!!!!!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Vancouver, BC

I have been working at Mojio full-time for more than a year

Pros

Where do I begin??? Extremely supportive co--workers and management. Positive environment. Appreciation of you and your work. The best benefits ever given on the very first day you start. Catered lunch Monday to Friday. Livingroom with a TV. Fully stocked snacks/breakfast items. 4 weeks vacation. No strict hours. The office itself is amazing as well. Patio balconies. PROUD to be a part of this team.

Cons

I wish I lived closer to the office!

Mojio2017-08-29
  10. "Awesome company with great opportunities for growth and learning"

Current Employee - Platform Engineer in Vancouver, BC

I have been working at Mojio full-time for less than a year

Pros

I've been recently hired at Mojio and the atmosphere in the company is far beyond my expectations. HR is supportive, management values the wellness of the employess, there are tons of opportunities to learn and engage in different projects. It's a place for people who want to grow both personally and professionaly. Finally, the benefits are outstanding, and in the Vancouver office, we have free lunch everyday.

Cons

If you're not a dynamic, focused employee, who is willing to learn new cutting-edge technologies, it might be difficult to adapt. If you're open to learning new things everyday. there are definitely no cons.

Advice to Management

Keep growing, keep growing... !

Mojio2017-07-30