Molina Healthcare Reviews | Glassdoor

Molina Healthcare Reviews

Updated September 20, 2017

Current Employees

3.4
Molina Healthcare Interim President, Chief Executive Officer and Chief Financial Officer Joe White
Joe White

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
Cons
  • Finding a work/ life balance can be challenging (in 21 reviews)

• Upper management is not very organized nor do they have the proper educational background to be in upper management positions (in 25 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"Great place to work."

Current Employee - Director in Columbus, OH
    Current Employee - Director in Columbus, OH

I have been working at Molina Healthcare full-time

Pros

Fast-paced team adept at changing quickly. People here work hard. There are opportunities to advance and further develop professionally, if you make it a priority for yourself. We are accountable, and our team has high expectations for performance because the programs we administer are demanding. This workplace isn't a good fit for those who don't want to work hard, quickly adapt to change, or have difficulty receiving feedback they receive.

This is a very transparent, employee-focused organization, and I'm proud to work here. Great benefits and other perks like onsite gym, and Cafe.

Cons

Finding a work/ life balance can be challenging. Employees are a little spoiled, but is that a bad thing? Some processes not efficient, but improving.

Advice to Management

Getting and keeping the right people on the bus will take you far!

Molina Healthcare Response

Apr 11, 2017 – Supervisor - Talent Acquisition

Thank you for your review and for your contributions to Molina!

2. "Excellent mission and beliefs about the best care for people, at the least cost with tax payer funds!"

Current Employee - Care Review Clinician in Remote, OR
    Current Employee - Care Review Clinician in Remote, OR

I have been working at Molina Healthcare full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The company really does care about the members! They back up the belief statements with actions! My manager/supervisor is truly amazing.

Cons

In the utilization management dept, the company requires WAY too much from the nurses in a very complex job using multiple criteria and working under multiple oversight- WA HCA, Fed rules/refs ANDMolina policies to mention a few. The company requires too many "touches" for quality work. Some days, easy to fulfill, other days way too many complex cases to meet demand of #of touches per shift.

Advice to Management

Read above comment and please adjust expectation somewhat. You have amazing, hard working people, but you will continue to lose them fir demands placed and lower end pay for many positions.

"Good Company"

I have been working at Molina Healthcare full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Work with many wonderful people. They have excellent benefits, and some flexibility in your schedule. Molina is a well established company with plans in various states across the county.

Cons

Recent lay offs have people scared for what the future holds. Changes are not always communicated clearly, which causes confusion.

4. "Manager"

I have been working at Molina Healthcare full-time

Pros

Molina Healthcare has been very good to me! I hope the restructuring will make a positive impact, set the company on a better path financially and streamline processes to better coordinate all departments, which ultimately will decrease frustration and increase moral. We are ONE MOLINA!

Cons

The wave of layoffs have many staff concernef, feeling very insecure. All are hoping for the best.

Advice to Management

Listen to the staff who are "in the trenches" so to speak, dealing directly with providers and members. Ask for their input and feedback.

5. "Great place to work"

Current Employee - Nurse Case Manager in Long Beach, CA
    Current Employee - Nurse Case Manager in Long Beach, CA

I have been working at Molina Healthcare full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Helpful management. Lots of information available that helps with your job, sometimes too much information that has nothing to do with your actual workload. Good benefits.

Cons

Promotion of staff that barely know their role let alone supervising others. Promotion of staff who have little interest in their new role and are never available when you need support. Limited parking. Redundant steps on multiple platforms for the sake of reporting that changes too often.

Advice to Management

Simplify daily processes. Update medical records systems.

6. "The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly."

Current Employee - Enrollment in Bothell, WA
    Current Employee - Enrollment in Bothell, WA

I have been working at Molina Healthcare full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

The pay is good, great opportunity for advancement and some really great people to work with who share the same passion for what Molina once truly took pride in, stood for an whole heartedly ran their company for. Their Mission and Values.

Cons

Some of the challenges are inexperienced people are hired due to the fact they are either a friend, a friend of a friend, a husband or wife of a friend, and or a girlfriend or boyfriend of upper Management, no matter their experience. Then before you know it they're a supervisor or even a manager and have not even been there for a year. Plus they do not have any experience as well as they do not even know their job or let alone able to train their new staff. So in turn the new employee gets fed to the wolves, and ultimately our members and Molina suffer. They also make up their own rules and guidelines depending how they feel for the day as well as have different expectations for their staff than they do themselves when it comes to the corporate guidelines. Such as working remote whenever they want, even when their on vacation so they do not have to use PTO so it can just build up and they can cash it out. They also work from home and do not follow the remote HR guidelines that are required which could potentially put Molina at risk. But yet they're not repremended and their Manager lies for them.

Advice to Management

For the ones who are lying for their friends and potentially playing a role in the decline of Molina's success, pull your heads out and realize this is so much bigger than you. You are not making the right moves for this company who at one time had a feel of family and now who have had to throw their missions and values out the window. Because we can no longer make that our main focus as we are now having to pick up the pieces and praying they all go back together properly so we can come out of this so called "Project Nickel" with our heads held high and our dignity and morals still in tact and continue to provide insurance to the most vonurable population who deserve to be treated like they are family, just like our Molina commercials portray and how the founder started this company 38 years ago and wanted it to remain.

To the other Managers that see this taking place and see the hard workers out here trying to hold our heads above water not only for ourselves but for our once tightly nit Molina family, and have fought for us. Thank you!! We couldnt of done this without your professionalism, work ethic and loyalty to the way a corporate establishment should be ran. You are an inspiration. Truly.

7. "Medical Director"

I have been working at Molina Healthcare as a contractor

Pros

Flexible hours and great IT support and training

Cons

Sometimes computer issues but always resolved by IT

Advice to Management

More communication

8. "Business Analyst"

Current Contractor - Business Analyst in Wilmington, CA
    Current Contractor - Business Analyst in Wilmington, CA

I have been working at Molina Healthcare as a contractor (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great people to work with and you learn new things very often

Cons

Sometimes it gets much involved into meetings

9. "Great company"

I have been working at Molina Healthcare full-time

Pros

great management, work-life balance is amazing, and the workers are really nice.

Cons

not transparent about decisions made.

Advice to Management

Be more transparent with workers.

10. "revie for f molina health care"

I have been working at Molina Healthcare as a contractor

Pros

good environment ,salary on time ,good colleagues

Cons

i could not find any disadvantages here

Advice to Management

keep growing is the advice i can give