Molina Healthcare Reviews | Glassdoor

Molina Healthcare Reviews

Updated June 7, 2017

1.0
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Molina Healthcare Chairman, President, and CEO; Chairman, Molina Healthcare of California J. Mario Molina
J. Mario Molina

"Corporate leadership role"

Former Employee - Senior Leadership in Long Beach, CA
    Former Employee - Senior Leadership in Long Beach, CA

I worked at Molina Healthcare full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Some nice and intelligent staff. Benefits are ok. Health insurance is good compared to other insurance companies such as United Healthcare and Blue Cross

Cons

The biggest cons are leadership favoritism. If you are not friends with management then your chances of moving up in the company or sometimes even keeping your job is slim. Can be an extremely hostile work environment and HR never even acknowledges it even though they admit they know what's going on. I have never witnessed such disrespect and disorganization in a company. I have been in so many meetings where you are verbally disrespected by management from other divisions and even your own leadership and if you bring it up to your boss you are told to just ignore it. Not sure how ignorant disrespectful comments or sharing your own ideas for improvement in the company and being shot down in such a rude way will lead the company toward success but I guess this is why they fired the owners and hopefully they will evaluate their current leadership and get rid of the toxic people they have leading this company so they might have a shot at succeeding. I left the company and moved back to a bigger insurance company because I couldn't take watching management ruining this company anymore and be a part of it and I have never been so happy of that decision in my life. To anyone thinking of applying here think really carefully if you want your work/ life balance to be nonexistent and if you can stand to watch all of the favoritism going on. If you can stand that then good luck. I know I couldn't do it after years of working there. It chips away at your spirit which isn't worth the paycheck they give you( which isn't that much anyway)

Advice to Management

Stop the favoritism and stop acting like disrespect is normal in a company because it isn't. Not when you are professionals doing a job

2. "Run away as fast as you can"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Long Beach, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Long Beach, CA

I worked at Molina Healthcare full-time

Pros

None at all what so ever.

Cons

From the little gossipy high school nonsense to the favoritism of the management, it is the most amateurish, silly and ridiculous work situation I have ever been in. If you are a serious IT professional steer clear of Molindia. Well over 70% of the company is bought and paid for by Indian IT contractors, most of which don't know what they're doing but are prejudiced against whites. Everything is a power struggle from simple database access to being able to do routine tasks, like FTP a file. Everything requires a ticket, even wiping yourself in the restroom. Anyway, all I have to say to anyone who is thinking of trying to get into this company to have a serious, long term career...good luck with that!

Advice to Management

Grow up and join the real world. I realize it's a woman's world there but seriously!? And get rid of certain managers in Corona that don't even try to come into the office, they "remote" in...gimme a break!

3. "Non directed and hostile"

Former Employee - Business Analyst in Charleston, WV
    Former Employee - Business Analyst in Charleston, WV

I worked at Molina Healthcare full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Hours and pay are the only good things that I can honestly say even though "hours" are worked above and beyond with no compensation.

Cons

Hostile work environment, no help from HR, no sense of privacy. There is relatively no one in management that truly cares.

Advice to Management

Back stabbing and gossip are not part of a healthy work environment

"Anonymous"

Former Employee - Provider Inquiry Research & Resolution Associate in Oak Brook, IL

Pros

Can't think of any PROS

Cons

Management isn't trustworthy to their employees. No growth within the company if you're not friends with senior leadership.
    Unorganized company.
    No training, just hire you and put you on the floor to learn on your own.
    Was employed for over a year, without a raise.

Advice to Management

Listen more to your complaining employees to make the company better.

"Do the minimum to keep your job, Make Money, Leave Quickly"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

I worked at Molina Healthcare full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Money is okay. 401k is ugh. Health insurance is bad.

Cons

Terrible managers and supervisors, clicky, nepotism and favoritism is all over the place, time shavers, upper management is $$$ but nothing for the little person.

Advice to Management

Your company is floundering. Once the AHCA is complete, welcome to Bankruptcy Court.

6. "Terrible :("

Current Employee - Case Manager in Tampa, FL
    Current Employee - Case Manager in Tampa, FL

I have been working at Molina Healthcare full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

You get paid. Health insurance is available, stock options if you like taking risks, 401k, dental plan... the usual things you should get with any corporate job.

Cons

Stress, finger pointing, stress, 80 hours of work trying to jam in a 40 hour work week, horrible technology, zero viable resources, stress, they discontinued mileage unless you live 50 miles away (and you will drive A LOT!)

Advice to Management

Stop everything you are doing and get a professional in there ASAP! Unless you are trying to tank the program... in which case, keep up the good work!

Molina Healthcare Response

May 12, 2017 – Supervisor - Talent Acquisition

Creating a positive employee experience is a priority for us, and we understand that you feel there is room for improvement. We are here to assist all of our employees in making their experience here ... More

"Zero stars not an option?!?"

Current Freelancer - Business Owner in Detroit, MI
    Current Freelancer - Business Owner in Detroit, MI

I have been working at Molina Healthcare (More than 8 years)

Pros

zero, zero, ZERO, zero and zero!!!!

Cons

Molina has been HAPPILY taking my and my husband's premiums for MONTHS, yet when my husbands needs a single prescription filled, they have him as NONACTIVE. I have been on the phone, with the USELESS molina representatives for WEEKS trying to resolve THEIR MISTAKE, to no avail. NO ONE knows what is going on from one 'representative to another', hold times are atrocious, disconnections happen often! I have wasted at least 25 hours of my life for molina to fix THEIR MISTAKE, and yet here I am on hold again.....WAITING.....with no answers as to why they are taking my money and my husband is still inactive. Oh wait...I just got disconnected again!! I HATE, HATE, HATE, HATE THEM!!! They are the most USELESS pieces of GARBAGE I have ever encountered in an insurance company. They are STOLE my MONEY and my TIME and my SANITY! At this point, I just want a REFUND!!!!

Advice to Management

Stop being useless.

8. "Clinical Recruiter"

Current Contractor - Contract Clinical Recruiter in Long Beach, CA
    Current Contractor - Contract Clinical Recruiter in Long Beach, CA

I have been working at Molina Healthcare as a contractor (Less than a year)

Pros

I saw non except for the money I earned as a contractor.

Cons

Poor Management, favoritism, treated unfairly not once but twice on 2 contracts

Advice to Management

The Supervisors in the Recruiting Dept are ok but Management could use alot of work.

9. "Nurse Supervisor"

Former Employee - Licensed Practical Nurse Supervisor in Long Beach, CA
    Former Employee - Licensed Practical Nurse Supervisor in Long Beach, CA

I worked at Molina Healthcare full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great pay good benefits, excellent 401k plan. School reimbursement.

Cons

Horrible management favoritism manager never came to work and when she did she was more concerned about her family affairs.

Advice to Management

Spend time in the clinical setting.

10. "Difficult Management"

Current Employee - Provider Relations in Bothell, WA
    Current Employee - Provider Relations in Bothell, WA

I have been working at Molina Healthcare full-time

Pros

Good health insurance, PTO balance

Cons

Horrible management which lacks communication. Terrible favoritism from hr to managers/directors. Lack of true substance from management, just fluff! Bad location which is hard to get to/from in bothell, WA. Productivity expectations are unrealistic and stressful.

Advice to Management

None, Molina needs to replace them.

Molina Healthcare Response

Apr 24, 2017 – Supervisor - Talent Acquisition

Thank you for your comments. Creating a positive employee experience is a priority for us, and we understand that you feel there is room for improvement. While we make every attempt to provide ... More